“Perfect Birthday Getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Perfect Birthday Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend here for my birthday this year. We had seen the exterior of the hotel many time visiting City Centre and I was NOT disappointed. Everything about the room and hotel was perfect. Location location location! I couldn't asked for a better weekend getaway.

Parking was a bit of a hassle though. We ended up using valet after driving around for 40 minutes looking for a parking spot. The parking garage is shared with the whole entertainment district and movie theatre.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the City Centre Plaza for amazing views of Downtown Houston and nightlife.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for spending your birthday with us. We hope you make it an annual tradition. We apologize for the difficulty with parking. We encourage our guests to arrive as close to check in time as possible on Friday and Saturday evenings due to the popularity of CityCentre.

Ryan Gullion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have stayed here for a “weekend getaway” several times, but I was still more than pleasantly surprised that the staff behind the counter knew my name before I even reached the desk. The manager on duty came over to greet us and had a nice snack tray and cookies delivered to our room. I travel to NY, Chicago and Las Vegas for business on a regular basis and have rarely found a staff or hotel in general more accommodating and personable.
The room was spotless and the bed and pillows were exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying with us again. We appreciate your business and hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at he Hotel Sorella last week & arrived with some concerns with respect to some of the negative reviews posted here. Contrary to those reviews, my stay at the Sorella was flawless! I did call ahead and asked for a quiet room in advance & the staff took care of this effectively. My room was silent. I had questions about the bar fridge, as I try to maintain a gluten free diet & often purchase groceries that I know are GF & keep them in the fridge. The hotel was kind enough to provide a small portable fridge to accommodate my needs. All of the staff were friendly, knowledgeable & very accommodating. My experience here was such that I will unlikely stay anywhere else when travelling to Houston. It is a beautiful hotel in a cool part of town with great access. Clean, modern & an absolute find in a sea of generic brand name establishments.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jonathandawn
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for your kind review.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a great hotel that's made great by its staff. My wife and I checked in this weekend toe celebrate our anniversary, and we were taken care of from the moment we checked in. Everyone we encountered seemed genuinely interested in making sure everything was perfect.

This hotel is located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, and many of my clients from out of town utilize it for business travel as well. I've never had one group say anything negative about it, and in fact most insist on staying there on subsequent visits. Many have coordinated conferences in the facilities at Sorella, and they've gone off perfectly.

I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travel in Houston, as I feel it is the best in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking CityCentre at night are great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brett M
Thank you for your kind words. We will continue to work hard as a team to refine and improve our service.

Please come and see us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Overall the Hotel Sorella was great but what made it better was the staff! The staff at Hotel Sorella was unbelivable! Very nice hotel and I would recommned it to every friend in Houston! Location was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I will be sure to share with our entire staff.

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Went on a surprise honeymoon for a night with the hubby, and the staff was amazing!! Alan at the front desk planned a great stay with my hubby, and the room was amazing!! The shower was great, very relaxing.. great views to the little plaza.. really a great time!! Cant wait to go back and enjoy it again!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to congratulate and thank Alan for his great work when I see him next. Please hurry back.

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My company held its annual national conference in Houston this year. From the beginning it was clear that the Sorella was an excellent choice. The staff went above and beyond from the planning stages through execution and the final farewells.

The meeting rooms, catering, and room accommodations were absolutely perfect and everyone is still raving about their great experiences.

The City Centre location is ideal. What a great area to be in with a family or a large group of co-workers; there truly is something for everyone.

If you're looking for a hotel to host a conference or large gathering look no further!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for having your meetings with us. I was thrilled to read your feedback.

Please be sure to plan another meeting soon.