“Great 4th weekend with the family”

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #3 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Great 4th weekend with the family”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is our 2nd stay for 4th of July weekend at Hotel Sorella City Centre. We've met other families who return every year. It is the perfect location to enjoy the festivities without having to drive anywhere. From the moment you walk in, the staff acknowledges you with a smile and a feeling of warmth. Something I can definitely appreciate.

The rooftop pool is a favorite for our kids. And the rooms are very modern and cozy.

The only comment I would have is regarding breakfast. The fruit and pastries look really fresh. Amazing actually. However, it would be ideal to have at least one hot item such as eggs. Eggs can go a long way in satisfying guest who do not enjoy a cold breakfast of fruit /cereal or who do not eat pastries.

Room Tip: Stay 4th floor or higher to avoid the super loud music from the club IF that will bother you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shonda G
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for spending the fourth of July with us. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Houston.

Ryan Gullion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
St. Johns, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Frustrated, I had to call the hotel for directions because MapQuest sent me to a really bad area of town about 20 away. Use the 800 W Sam Houston Parkway N address instead! They should be aware of this and change this info on their website!
Loved the contemporary decor, restaurant, and unique bar and the gorgeous European Murano glass chandelier! The fitness center was a little small, as was the pool area but visually unique. My room was awesome.!King bed with a small sectional sofa sitting area. Very cool door-less shower, great water pressure, and beautiful floors. Simply sophisticated. Refreshing outdoor seating overlooking the restaurants and park area, and delicious breakfast. I had very good, freshly made cappuccino, and they also offered espressos, lattes, all made to order in addition to a great variety of pastries, fruit, etc. Ideal setting for those traveling in for our 30 year high school reunion! Tip, skip the $20 valet fee and park in the parking garage at no cost...then proceed to check in from the garage (upper level), as it is not on the ground floor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback regarding your stay. Please hurry back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Sorella for business. What a great hotel! From the fast and easy check in to the spacious and beautiful rooms, my trip was great! We spent time in the bar where the waitstaff were friendly and knowledgeable. It's centrally located with many choices for drinks or dining within easy walking distance. They go out of their way to ensure your stay is perfect. I look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We are thrilled to read your feedback regarding your recent stay. We hope you make our hotel your first choice when returning to Houston.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend here for my birthday this year. We had seen the exterior of the hotel many time visiting City Centre and I was NOT disappointed. Everything about the room and hotel was perfect. Location location location! I couldn't asked for a better weekend getaway.

Parking was a bit of a hassle though. We ended up using valet after driving around for 40 minutes looking for a parking spot. The parking garage is shared with the whole entertainment district and movie theatre.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the City Centre Plaza for amazing views of Downtown Houston and nightlife.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for spending your birthday with us. We hope you make it an annual tradition. We apologize for the difficulty with parking. We encourage our guests to arrive as close to check in time as possible on Friday and Saturday evenings due to the popularity of CityCentre.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have stayed here for a “weekend getaway” several times, but I was still more than pleasantly surprised that the staff behind the counter knew my name before I even reached the desk. The manager on duty came over to greet us and had a nice snack tray and cookies delivered to our room. I travel to NY, Chicago and Las Vegas for business on a regular basis and have rarely found a staff or hotel in general more accommodating and personable.
The room was spotless and the bed and pillows were exceptional.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for staying with us again. We appreciate your business and hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Calgary
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at he Hotel Sorella last week & arrived with some concerns with respect to some of the negative reviews posted here. Contrary to those reviews, my stay at the Sorella was flawless! I did call ahead and asked for a quiet room in advance & the staff took care of this effectively. My room was silent. I had questions about the bar fridge, as I try to maintain a gluten free diet & often purchase groceries that I know are GF & keep them in the fridge. The hotel was kind enough to provide a small portable fridge to accommodate my needs. All of the staff were friendly, knowledgeable & very accommodating. My experience here was such that I will unlikely stay anywhere else when travelling to Houston. It is a beautiful hotel in a cool part of town with great access. Clean, modern & an absolute find in a sea of generic brand name establishments.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jonathandawn
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for your kind review.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a great hotel that's made great by its staff. My wife and I checked in this weekend toe celebrate our anniversary, and we were taken care of from the moment we checked in. Everyone we encountered seemed genuinely interested in making sure everything was perfect.

This hotel is located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, and many of my clients from out of town utilize it for business travel as well. I've never had one group say anything negative about it, and in fact most insist on staying there on subsequent visits. Many have coordinated conferences in the facilities at Sorella, and they've gone off perfectly.

I would highly recommend this hotel for both business and leisure travel in Houston, as I feel it is the best in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking CityCentre at night are great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brett M
Thank you for your kind words. We will continue to work hard as a team to refine and improve our service.

Please come and see us again.