“Not So much.”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #179 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed June 17-19 my husband and I.Upon arriving at the hotel we were pleased with the modern clean lobby area and the terrific clean scent.Check in was uneventful,I guess......No personality at all(Just the facts maam).Sometimes a smile and friendly "Hello"can make anything wrong suddenly better.Found our room #125 to be a bit on the not as clean as lobby side.The things that are easily repaired, werent.Bedside lamp barely standing, dried sticky coke dripping down the TV stand,bathroom console needs a little love,closet had terrible odor,stove had serious grease marks.Nothing that we couldnt deal with so we chilled.
The first night was fine,rented a movie fell asleep.That would be our last bit of rest we had at Element.Saturday night was an all out Partaaay.Loud screaming,drunks by the jaccuzi,loud mouths with no consideration of others running up and down the hall yelling,old beat up trucks idleing outside while some classy drunk girl yells back and forth to them at 3:50am.When i last looked at the time it was 4:20.......It was mind boggeling to me that none of this was stopped by the hotel.The serene atmosphere they are trying to create was a joke.
Upon check out it was the same old bland,no personality experience.I am not the type to need or require anything much,but a simple"How was your stay?"Would have been nice.

This hotel is a prime example of: You can have the best product in the world,but if you cant back it up efficiently and effectively you dont have a darn thing.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Star2

Reviewed 16 June 2011

I'm actually not sure if i would return to this hotel. Is there a thing as too clean? My husband & i visited this hotel in hopes of some RandR away from the kids but wanted stay close, so after reading so many positive reviews we decided on Element. The lobby appeared spotless & very 'green'. We arrived late & tired so we were anxious to get to bed. However, we were given the wrong room (studio). Which seemed too small & had a funny smell - not a stench but kinda like a hospital. And the wood panels looked a bit worn out.
We went back downstairs (did i mention it was after 11pm) & informed them about their error. They insisted it was right & made no other effort. Good thing i brought a copy of my rm confirmation w/rm type (one bedroom). The man took it to the back office & we waited, & waited (did i mention it was already midnight). Finally, we got our correct rm key. Once on the 3rd floor, the hallways were plain, empty & unwelcoming. I kept expecting the flickering of lights from a horror flick.
Our room however, was nice & extremely clean w/out the bad smell. The floors were not carpeted only in the bedroom. Everything you may need in the kitchen was provided - glasses, plates, mugs, ect. The restrm was cute & again very clean. I loved the light behind the mirror - great for make-up. Liquid soap & shampoo provided & worked great. The bed was so comfortable & the beding was ahhh.
But the bedrm was very tight. There was a connecting door & we could hear neighbors clearly. We also heard a conversation b/t a couple in the rm in front of ours while standing in the hall. Heard it clearly as if we were in there. We also heard people downstairs clearly. No fun when we're trying to sleep in. We even heard another couple talking on the patio outside at night - talking not yelling. I felt i was sleeping in an IKEA store & expected someone to peek in to view the show room. The room was very plain white & green. I would not bring my kids to this hotel and my husband stated this wasn't for him.
Unfortunately we didn't try out the pool but it looked good. Nor the free breakfast (trying to sleep in).
This hotel was extremely clean, would stay if alone (felt safe w/personnel walking the permises day & night), and bed was awesome.
But very hospital like and noisy. Walls & windows are thin, too thin. No near by resturants, gas station or convenient stores. You will need your car.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scaez
armywifewestpoint, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to give us your opinion of our Element. Firstly, let me say that making you wait even an extra minute at check in is not standard for our service. Let me tell you a few cool things about our hotel that you might have overlooked. Yes, we are very contemporary, however the furnishings are extra special in the fact that most of them were made from a recycled product. The "hardwood floors" in your guestroom are actually recycled tires. The stuffing in your couch area is actually soy filled to assist with allergies. The two flatscreen television cabinets are made of a recycled products. The spa bathroom tiles are recycled and all light fixtures are low voltage. The bathroom also holds the locked dispensor for soap and shampoo to save hundreds and hundreds of plastic bottles going into our landfills. I wish you would have enjoyed our complimentary full breakfast as we are different than most in the fact that we offer healthy options such as egg white wraps and fresh fruit smoothie shooters each morning. The swimming pool is chlorine free as it is heated and saltwater which feels like a spa treatment. We appreciate that you did not like the contemporary feel of the hotel, but hope you return so our service and commitment to our guests will shine through. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Book hotel for meeting. First class service. Differently recommend. NRG Energy

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I've stayed at this Element hotel at least twenty times since they opened a couple of years ago. I have always had a good experience with the staff and facility. This is the only place I'll stay when visiting NW Houston, unless they are completely booked (which can happen because of their great service and value).

The rooms are spacious and modern. And the beds are as comfortable as I've ever had anywhere. The small details are great, like the filtered water dispenser at each room's kitchen sink. That way you can have as much clean pure water as you want and not have to throw away plastic bottles. Their morning breakfast buffet is healthy, unique and delicious.

I am torn in writing this review because I'm advertising how good this hotel is. I'd almost like to keep this wonderful gem all to myself, but they are too good not to share.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
armywifewestpoint, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your review of our Element by Westin. We strive to take great care of every guest and to ensure that every experience at Element is outstanding! Thank you also for noticing our green practices such as filtered drinking water and recycled hardwood floors in every room. We are the only LEED Certified green hotel brand in the world. Please introduce yourself on your next visit. We would love to meet you and thank you for your loyalty and your business.

Live well,
Kristen Vasquez
Director of Sales

Tim Douglas

Reviewed 27 May 2011

Last week I had a great experience staying at the Element. The people were fantastic going out of thier way to make certian all my teams needs were met. For me the #1 priority is the bed and these are the best, A well nights rest is priceless.

I can not think of one thing I would change to make this hotel any better.

Regards -
Bill

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I can' t say enough about the staff at The Element Vintage Park Hotel Houston - they were very professional & courteous. The Sales Manager Kailee Single helped me with booking rooms for my daughter's wedding guests.. The hotel provided courtesy shuttle service to and from the wedding venue..the hotel rooms were great ..the catering staff was great ..the hotel provided complimentary breakfast & on some evenings entertainment & free complimentary food was provided..the hotel was very clean & modern.. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Houston.. & location!.. location! --located next to Vintage Park Shopping Plaza with multiple restaurants & lounges & shopping were all within walking distance.. I love it!!! We truly enjoyed our stay!!!

Room Tip: ask about discounts . AARP, AAA etc
  • Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed here for one week in March for a conference that was hosted inside the hotel's meeting rooms on the first floor.

The room:
Room was very clean and styled with modern decor. The wood and metal furniture choices were beautiful (I love this style). The room contained an awesome large desk for business travelers. The room was equipped with everything I usually need like ironing board + iron, flat screen tv, etc. The bed was SOOOO nice. I don't know what sheets & comforter they use, but they were incredibly comfortable and soft. I traveled with my girlfriend, and she slept really well.

Other ammenities:
While I was busy with my conference, my girlfriend kept herself busy by visiting the gym, pool, and nearby shops. The pool is small, but clean and nice. The gym is relatively spacious for a hotel gym, and it contained new workout equipment. She really liked it as the gym has large windows that allow you to see outside and give the room a bright & sunny feeling of happiness.

The service:
All I can say is EVERYONE that worked there was so nice and helpful, and available all hours of the day. Even when I would come back late at night, there was someone at the desk to greet my girlfriend and I. Top notch service! This was really icing on the cake.

The food:
We ate a lot of hotel catered food at our conference for breakfast and lunch, and it was all very good. I have never been a fan of continental type breakfasts because the quality is usually bad. However, I actually liked the food served here! They have a chef who comes up with menus items and pastries to serve everyday, and it was so good. My favorite was a breakfast strawberry smoothie that they served every morning. I couldn't drink enough of these, haha.

Location:
The hotel is located on the north west side of Houston where traffic is not crazy, so I consider it a good location. It took me less than 30 minutes to get to the Galleria and other major areas of Houston.

I give this place 5 stars, and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Courtyard Houston Northwest
#205 of 517 in Houston
Great Uptown
Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria

Been to Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park? Share your experiences!