“Nice hotel, different”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #180 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend trip and were very satisfied. The room was different than any hotel I've stayed in. I like the 'living room' area because we had visitors and it was much easier than having to visit in a typical hotel room with the bed and maybe one chair. The full size refrigerator was nice. The bed was very comfortable! Purchasing items in the sundry shop did not give me enough detail. I had the option of charging to my room, which I did. Once we were emailed the bill after we checked out and left the property, the folio just gave basic information and were either charged for too many items, or they are very expensive. There were no prices on the cases. Overall, it was a nice weekend stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin W

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The rooms in this hotel are still very comfortable.
They seem to have staffing problems. The desk knows little of the area and can not provide maps of the immediate area. Their only answer is to check the mall within walking distance. The maintenance staff seemed to be on vacation. A broken shower was not repaired during our four day stay and a loose paving on the stairs remained a hazard.
Finally, the desk seemed to have lost the reservations for an insurance company which had taken many rooms. It was not until one of the folk with a lost reservation went online and printed out the reservations and confirmations that the desk was able to provide the rooms.
Fortunately, there are other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank CountVarios
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I reserved rooms for my daughters wedding and was given a price . When my guests checked it out online the price was significantly cheaper, in one case they were offering a night for the year you were born, so that night my aunt had to pay only 28 dollars since she was born in 1928! The second thing that happened is that my brother and his family's plane was delayed so long that they didn't arrive until four in the morning . When he spoke to the manager, he was told he wouldn't be charged for that night, and he could stay an extra day. They ended up locking them out of the room .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank fancygirlHouston
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is my first time staying at an Element Hotel and I will be Hunting for them in the future on business travel. Service was great and also staff friendly and helpful. A Westin Heavenly bed is always a favorite of mine and since this is a Westin Property they have them. The shower was exactly the same as a Westin Resort I stayed at recently and a real treat with rain shower and handheld unit. I read the prior reviews on Tripadvisor when booking. There is a comment by someone concerning the shower door and lack of conditioner. I found that my door closed quite well and left no water on the floor. In addition the Shampoo is a Shampoo/Conditioner Combo and that is clearly stated on the label. The breakfast was wonderful with eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, numerous juice choices, etc etc. I'm very happy I stayed here for 3 days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WendyFederalWay_WA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband plays drums and when he plays for a church in Spring, they put us in this hotel. It's a lovely hotel and the rooms are nice. Comfy bed, nice pillows, and a DVD player which our 3 year old greatly appreciates so we can bring Frozen for him to watch! The breakfast in the morning is always nice with fresh squeezed juices (at least I think so?) and options like breakfast wraps with egg and ham or egg and veggies and then the usual stuff like yogurt, granola, pastries, etc. It's also right by the Vintage Park shopping area (?) with Alamo Drafthouse and some restaurants. We enjoy our stay every time!

Room Tip: We have stayed on floors 2 and 3 and on the pool side and parking side and never had any issues. (W...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel is located around 30 minutes away from the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, and GPS sends you there on a toll road that does not accept cash. It is located by what looks like apartment complexes, and past a lovely golf course community and through a small copse of woods. The hotel is very minimalist outside, without covered parking or a porte-cochère to let passengers off under when its raining. The lobby is nice looking and the front desk clerks were friendly. The hallways are a rather boring monotone. The room was very nice. The kitchenette had a full size fridge, a dishwasher, 2 burners on the stove, a toaster, dishes, one use dish soap, etc. The walk in shower door did not close fully so there was water on the floor after every shower. The walk in shower was great for disabled people who cannot lift their legs over an average tub. There was no separate conditioner provided. The pool was small and overlooked the parking lot but had nice touches, like a geode-like decoration and a few tiny flower beds. The outside eating area had a nice barbecue pit, a small water feature, and a fire feature so it is nice to eat or visit outside. The complimentary morning breakfast has scrambled eggs with asparagus or scrambled eggs with ham. There was cereal, milk, and pastries provided from around 7-10am. My children and I were quite happy with the breakfast layout, but certain items were gone pretty early (cinnamon rolls, etc.) The bed in the room was a platform bed and my son bruised his shins twice entering or exiting the bed. The window overlooked a large (and close) electrical line/pole. The mattress was fine on the bed but not on the Hid-a-bed. The Hide-a-bed had a VERY thin 'mattress' and did not have bedding. The front desk clerk brought bedding very quickly though, once called. The dishwasher and air conditioner were not the quietest. The guests were a nice mix of families, business travelers, etc. There were no vending machines but you could purchase items from the desk clerk (ice cream, candy, drinks, dry goods, etc) at a very expensive price. I think the 20 ounce soft drinks were $3 each. There was an empty field next door that people walked their dogs. It was VERY close to several medical centers.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view maybe
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NatureMomma
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We picked this hotel at the last minute. What a wonderful surprise!! It is modern, super clean and has every amenity that you could possibly imagine!!! It even had a full kitchenette in the room!! It is also a green hotel! The breakfast was FABULOUS!!! My kids LOVED it and our only complaint is that we only stayed 1 night!!! I will definitely be looking for Element by Westin in other towns we travel to!!! The staff was SUPER helpful and even gave us a late check-out time even though we ended up not needing it.

Room Tip: You can pick from queen beds with a sectional sofa -- or a king bed with sectional sofa
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear JamPack1965,

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to review us and giving us such a kind review. We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back if you're ever in Houston again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Great Uptown
Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria

Been to Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park? Share your experiences!