“Comfortable ”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #182 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for something near the downtown Houston it is not the best option, the hotel is located around 32 km far from the city, if you don't mind, it is a good place to relax. Room is very comfortable, internet and breakfast is complimentary. The food is nice and in some week days you have a kind of happy hour and can try some local wines.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Vitor C

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good clean rooms. Good TV's with HDMI inputs etc. Wireless was very fast. No complaints. I didn't need anything out of the ordinary which is why I can't say excellent really.

It's quite close to a shopping/restaurant area - but being Houston you should really just hire a car and go to Rudy's BBQ :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear ThanksMembers,
We are very happy to hear you liked our clean and comfortable guest rooms, services, and amenities during your recent stay with us. Thank you for your review and tips for future guests, and we welcome you back to stay with us should you return to the area. Take care.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a great hotel concept. Very nice atmosphere when you walk in; friendly staff at the front desk; all rooms are large, modern with a very nice layout and have kitchen facilities. Wine reception nightly from 6 to 7:30 and limited buffet breakfast comes with the reasonable price of your room. All of that being said, though, I was disappointed in the cleanliness standard in my room. The room smelled like it had been smoked in even though it was supposedly a "non-smoking" room, the vinyl was ripped on the of the bed's headboards, the stove top (which I didn't need to use) looked like it could use a good scouring. A little more elbow grease needs to be applied in the room cleaning.

All that being said, the location is fantastic for the Vintage business park and the Vintage mall is literally across the street with a variety of very nice restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Canadiangirl52
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The person who checked us in was not very warm nor welcoming. I should have realized that was also the hotel personalty. The rooms are depressingly drab with a grey couch, dark grey carpet, grey tile on the bathroom floor and white tile in the shower, white linens. The hallway leading to the rooms was industrial with very poor lighting. I understand that whole "green" concept, but for Pete's sake, warm up the color a bit. One reason we stayed here is because of the kitchen which was nice and worked well. My husband, myself and our two teenage boys stayed three nights. We had a king sized bed, and a sleeper sofa. We were told that it was a queen sized sleeper. It was smaller than a full sized bed. One of our sons slept on the couch cushions on the floor. The king bed was exceptionally comfortable.The breakfasts were very good and the breakfast staff did a nice job of keeping the food supplied and the tables cleaned. Even though this is a non-smoking hotel, we could smell smoke residuals in our room when the air-conditioner came on. I would not stay here again. The color scheme was overwhelmingly drab, cool and uninviting, and I didn't think the price of $155.00 a night plus about 15% tax was worth it.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for a wedding.

The good:

It's a new hotel. The amenities are pretty comparable to most modern hotels. There is a free breakfast. The rooms have kitchenettes with regular sized refrigerators. Very comfy beds, in my opinion.

The bad:
The front desk service is SLOW. I'm not sure if it's a system issue or personnel, but it took 15-20 minutes to check in with no one in line and and another 15-20 minutes to check out with no one in line.

If you are staying in the area, this may be your better choice of hotels. But don't expect to be WOWed.

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from elevator if you don't mind walking a bit.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've stayed here three times due to them having a full kitchen in the rooms. While I like that, the first stay, it was just starting to age (though it was only 2 yrs old) and a door handle was missing on the bathroom door and there were some caulking issues. The second stay, there was a lot of wear and tear on furniture. Their furniture looks like IKEA furniture which would not hold up well in a high traffic hotel situation. This third stay, in July 2014 was even worse - caulking issues, tons of damage to furniture, dirty floors, dirty cabinets inside, and just not well maintained at all. I could have thought I was in the ghetto. This hotel is in a great area, was pretty cool looking and could have been maintained well. But, it hasn't been. It's sad... I am not sure what the deal is. I stayed in three hotels on this trip, this one was the least well maintained.

Room Tip: I stayed at the end of a hall this time and the noise level was fine.
2  Thank Kristy S
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Kristy S,
Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and sharing your experience with us. We strive to maintain an inviting space where guests can relax, and we are very sorry the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us so we can best pinpoint areas we can improve, and we will share your comments with our team to ensure they are properly handled. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Take care.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a nice place to stay and an excellent value. The rooms are very large with a big window that allows lots of natural light. The hallways are quite drab and unwelcoming. The colors in the room are rather drab as well. The kitchen area and full size refrigerator were awesome. You can get filtered drinking water from the sink! We had two queen beds and they were very comfortable.

Check in seemed to take a while for no known reason. The staff member barely said two words to us. He just slid the keys to us and we had to ask where the elevators were and how to get to our room. Definitely could not call this guy friendly.

The breakfast was delicious and had several unique items. We had the breakfast wraps with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheddar cheese. There were many drink options including little cartons of a variety of milks. The staff working in the breakfast area were very friendly, efficient and helpful.

We would stay here again. It was a great place for our family. I would recommend asking for a room on the far side from the pool. There were kids yelling in it until 11:00 p.m.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family