“Loved it!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Steak 'n Shake - CLOSED

Steak 'n Shake
Cuisines: Fast food, American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
texas
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

This was my first trip to Steak & Shake and I loved it. The ambiance is very nice, the waiters are very friendly, and the food is delicious. The portions are a little small, but it tastes great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank traveller101Texas

Montgomery, Texas
“Finally in Houston!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2008

I grew up on Steak 'N Shake up in the midwest and I generally try to stop by for lunch when I am travelling in that region. So it was with great joy that I stumbled upon the first location of the chain in Northwest Houston.

The iconic sign and exterior remain the same. As does the interior with classic diner feel of paying at the register by the door. The place is new so the fact that it was clean should be expected.

The menu remains essentially the same: steakburgers (yes, when the chopped beef is this good you don't call them hamburgers), fries, shakes and all of the comfort foods you remember.

The burgers remain outstanding and are a strong competitor to Red Robin and others. But it is the fries that really stand out. They are cut shoestring-style much like In-N-Out Burger in California. I highly recommend getting a large order because you will never have quite enough.

The shakes remain as thick and tasty as ever. My son and I each polished off a chocolate malt. Sadly it was my son's first ever malt.
It won't be the last.

This was a big hit with my family of five and will quickly move into our inner circle of family dining regulars.