Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$106
US$123
US$101
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

US$127
US$112
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Free cancellation until 05/08
TripAdvisor
US$420
US$380
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barilly coffee machinegreen choicebathroom amenitiesa great stayfront deskcomplimentary shuttlemodern hotelco workersupgraded to a suiteconvention centerevery staff memberan upgradelocation is greatnext morningroom servicebed was comfortable
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic stay at this hotel. Mark at the front desk was so gracious and started my stay off wonderfully. I had had a long trip and he was just fantastic getting to my room quickly! The room was a good size and the location is pretty good. Some construction going on next door but I couldn’t even tell in my room.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Alan C, General Manager at Le Meridien Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear kenbud,

I am glad you enjoyed the room and location, additionally I am glad Mark was able to get you accommodated quickly. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future.

At your service,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Long story short. Check into LeMeridian for 1 nights. On way to dinner, husband became ill, went to ER at Methodist (superb hospital), he had emergency surgery next morning. So the 2 nights were spent in a hospital room.
My daughter spoke with Amber who went above and beyond her responsibilities to help us keep the room where our belongings remained. Amber deserves a compliment from management for her genuine concern for us.
BTW, Travis was fun, and helpful, made us smile checking in and checking out!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Bonny F,

I hope your husband recovering well from surgery. I am very happy our team took care of you as best as they could, Amber and Travis are absolutely terrific, I am glad they were able to assist you in any way possible. Thank you again, and I wish you all well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time at this hotel in the heart of downtown Houston. Very clean with updated rooms and a great rooftop bar. Lobby had free wine & champagne for SPG members every evening for happy hour.

Aaliyah at the front desk was tremendously helpful at check-in. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear A P,

Thank you for being our guest, it was a pleasure to host you. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed our complimentary SPG member happy hour! Also thank you for mentioning Aaliyah at check-in, guest comments motivate our team.

At your service,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Le Meridien is an absolutely gorgeous hotel. Very modern. The staff went out of their way to be helpful to us. Check in/check out was a breeze, The room was beautiful. The restaurant was great and the food was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Alan C, General Manager at Le Meridien Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear South TexGal,

Thank you for sharing such a heartwarming review. It was truly a pleasure to have you as guests. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with the attention and care given to you throughout your stay, from the check in and check out, to your experience in the Zutro Restaurant and Bar. We strive to go above and beyond for every guest. Please come back soon, we'd welcome the opportunity to serve you.

Meanwhile, we will certainly share your comments with the entire team.

Cordially,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I judge a hotel on how they treat their most loyal clients & their newest clients, those without status.
I can say for certain that this hotel doesn't give a darn about SPG's most loyal clients, except to provide for breakfast.
I checked in about 7:30pm, which isn't too late. As a lifetime platinum, I'm supposed to get an upgrade if available. I asked about that at the front desk, and the woman who checked me in mumbled and appeared to ignore my question.
I also was walking with a cane, as I have an injury.
What she gave me was the room that I reserved, in other words, no upgrade & no apology that there wasn't one available when I asked.
She also gave me the room the furthest away from the elevators, which isn't a good thing when you are walking with a cane.
When I called downstairs to ask about an upgrade, I was told the hotel was full & nothing was available, which I knew wasn't true based on my quick check on the Internet.
I asked to speak to a manager, and a young man got on the phone claiming he was the manager. I told him I wanted to speak to the GM, so to have the GM call me the following day.
I had to get ready for a dinner, so I quickly unpacked and was getting dressed when someone from the front desk claiming to be a manager came to my door with another room key saying "we just found this room" - an upgrade.
This man was present at the front desk when I checked in.
"Just found?" Are you kidding me? They lost the room? They have no idea what their inventory is?
Or, they just didn't care to give SPG's most loyal customers the perks they deserve unless questioned and pressed into it.....which is the case.
I told the young man that I had no time to change rooms at that point, that the better room should have been provided to me at check in, that I'd already unpacked and was now late for a dinner.
I also asked him to have the GM call me the following day.
Then, the next day I left at 10:45am & came back at 3:15pm, and housekeeping hadn't been to my room!
I called the front desk and was told, "we don't know what their schedule is."
I needed to be in the room until 6pm at that point, so I told them to have someone come up at 6pm. They said someone could come and 'straighten up' the room, but not clean.
When I got back at 11:30pm, there were fresh towels & toiletries, but the room hadn't been "straightened" at all.
I changed my reservation to 2 nights from 3, because I couldn't 'reward' such terrible behavior.
The GM never called me.
I ordered food from the outside to be delivered, because I saw no reason to provide ancillary revenue to a hotel that didn't care about me or my business.
Amateur hour...run by kids.
I never saw a single person who worked for the property who was over 35 years old.

Shower pressure: Good.
Front desk: Below average.
Bed: Average.
Sheets/Bedding: Average.
Towels: Above average.
Phone service/attendants: Average.
Room size: Average.
Room service: N/A (Room service is from the restaurant. No mini-bar in the room.)
Bathroom amenities: Above average
Make-up mirror: None and TERRIBLE lighting in the bathroom that isn't sufficient for make-up.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business