“Katy Fwy in front, active RR tracks in the back but the staff is great.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central
Ranked #22 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed Sunday through Friday. I slept well two of those nights. If you are a light sleeper, don't stop here. The rest of the hotel was actually very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. Manager's reception with beer on ice during the week from 5-7pm. Denny's and a sports bar that allows smoking are next door. I really wish they could insulate the rooms better to make them more quiet. If I go back, I will take earplugs. Is there a way to set the fan on run constant on low? I tried manipulating it but no luck.

Room Tip: ask for the most quiet room they have, because many are loud at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Michelle F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hello Bgoody,

Thank you so much for spending your week with us! I am glad to hear that our staff was welcoming and friendly, and that you were able to take advantage of our Manager's Reception hosted on Wednesday evenings. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy more restful nights with us. I sent the request to our maintenance department to see what they can do about the fans. If you find yourself in Houston again, we would love it if you chose to stay with us!

Thank you again for your business!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I also work front desk at a Hampton Inn on the coast, so i thought it was unusual that upon check-in they asked me which floor i preferred like they didn't have rooms assigned already. When me and my boyfriend walked into "our" room there was someone else's stuff in there. So we went down stairs and told the front desk what had happened and they did apologize and gave us a different room and maybe they were trying something new because when we were leaving, the girl at front desk said to the other "and this is why we don't do that" not to sure what that meant. But no "sorry" card or goody bags saying "sorry for the inconvenience". I know we do that at our hotel when we can. Just some helpful criticism!
-Kendra

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kendra T

Hello Kendra T.,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel while you were in Houston for the Astros. I am sorry to hear that the stay was less than perfect. We are constantly striving to improve. We do hope that if you come to Houston again, that you will choose to stay with us.

Please feel free to e-mail me if there is anything you would like me to know,

Michelle Fields
Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very Good and convenient to Denny's and local sports bar in parking lot... walking distance. This is a real plus. If not taking advantage of complimentary breakfast... Dennys next door is a really great alternative.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is very important to us. Our goal here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central is to provide our guest memorable experiences worth sharing! It looks as though we accomplished this goal and we hope you enjoyed your time will visiting Houston. We are so glad you enjoyed having Denny's conveniently located next door to us! Thank you for choosing us as your place to refresh, refuel, and recharge while in town. Hope to see you here again soon!

We Loved Having You Here!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I slept SO well; the mattress and bedding were so comfortable. The air circulation in room was not great, and we also had a lot of hallway noise since it was July 4th wkend I guess. I wished there was some way to block that out, even an option on A/c for continual fan like some have. The breakfast was super full of people, and some of the food wasn't great quality- but it was a nice hot breakfast and just needed another waffle line option maybe. We didn't get the room we had booked: a two queen suite, so they gave us a king suite for same rate, and a snack bag to make up for it so that was a nice gesture.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is very important to us. Our goal here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central is to provide our guest memorable experiences worth sharing! It looks as though we accomplished this goal and we hope you enjoyed your time while visiting Houston. We appreciate all of the suggestion you made to increase air circulatio in the rooms and set up an additional wafle station. Thank you for choosing us as your place to refresh, refuel, and recharge while in town. Hope to see you here again soon!

We Loved Having You Here!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

After a long drive, I had the best check in reception I have ever had. Super Staff, Very clean, extremely good location. I walked in the door, was welcomed warmly, checked in and received complimentary HHonors gifts and was able to get to my room quickly. This staff and location are fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feedback is very important to us. Our goal here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central is to provide our guest memorable experiences worth sharing! It looks as though we accomplished this goal and we hope you enjoyed your time while visiting Houston. I am delighted to hear we were able to get you checked in and off to your room quickly so you may refresh, refuel, and recharge. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member and choosing Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central. Hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

2nd time we've stayed here. Love the location. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast wasn't up to my liking (turkey sausage instead of pork sausage) but that's probably an individual taste thing. Will definitely stay here again the next time we're in Houston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michelle F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review your feedback is important to us. Our goal here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central is to provide our guest memorable experiences worth sharing! It looks as though we accoplished this goal and we hope you enjoyed your time will visiting Houston. We have our hot items on a daily rotation and try to offer something for everyone, hopefully next time you will catch us when we offer the pork sausage! Thank you for choosing us as your place to refresh, refuel, and recharge while in Houston. Hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel on June 14, 2014 had a great stay! Hotel staff nice and very helpful would suggest to anyone traveling or with children to stay. Front desk was outstanding! one of the best staff and mangement ive ever seen

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review your feedback is important to us. Our goal here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central is to provide our guest memorable experiences worth sharing! It looks as though we accoplished this goal and we hope you enjoyed your time will visiting Houston. Thank you for choosing us as your place to refresh and while in town. Hope to see you here again soon!