“Nicest Hampton Ever”

Ranked #23 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Mission, Texas
“Nicest Hampton Ever”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have stayed in many Hamptons in many locations, this by far was the nicest Hampton I have ever visited. It used to be a Comfort Inn, but Hampton Inn took it over and did a complete remodel. It looks brand-new. The rooms are beautiful, the bathrooms are gorgeous. The bathrooms have fans, which most hotels seem to leave out these days. The electronic key swipe entry is hassle-free. The fitness room is 3X the size of every other Hampton fitness room I've ever seen and it is very nicely equipped. Nice pool, snack bar, great breakfast area that is well-cared for and well-stocked. The staff was friendly and prompt. I can't say enough nice things about this location. Even the stairwells and elevators were spotless. The rooms have thermostats. And for what you are getting, the price was fabulous. The location is secure and the parking lot is gated. Easy access to downtown Houston. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Away from elevators and stairs. Higher floors have a view. If you can get a room on the back side...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Michelle F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston I-10/Central, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Mary U.,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read all of your kind words, and am very happy to share them with the rest of the staff. We look forward to see you during your next visit!

Thank you again for taking time our to share this review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This new Hampton Inn is centrally located to most things in and around Houston. This hotel was very nice and new. The fitness center was well equipped with the exception of the ellipticals that did not work properly. You could use them but could not select certain programs. The front desk staff were wonderful and ready to help. If you are going to be in Houston and need a hotel on or around I10 and Washington, this is the one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Hello TennisMMD,

I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable, and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. The maintenance staff will look into to the work out machines to ensure that this issue is addressed. I am glad to hear that the front desk staff was so accommodating. I will be glad to pass your kind words onto them. We do hope that you will stay with us again when you find yourself in Houston.
Brusly, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Fast check in and fast check out. Great breakfast. Don't use mapquest to find the hotel - the directions are wrong. Pool was a little cold and coffee is in the bathroom. Everything else was excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Elaine P.,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am glad to hear that the breakfast was to your liking, and will pass that nice note to our breakfast staff. I am sorry to hear that MapQuest made it difficult to found our location. We are currently working to try to alleviate that issue. I do hope that on any future visits to Houston, that you think of our hotel and come visit again!
Vancouver, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent hotel, facilities, and staff. Always a very nice place to stay. I've stayed here several times previously and each stay has been excellent. I especially appreciate the size and cleanliness of the room, which has always been of high quality. Of the various hotels I've stayed at in Houston, this hotel compares favorably with other 5-star hotels in Houston. I will stay here again on my future trips.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Hello Stephen C.,

Thank you for taking the time out to write us such a nice review. We appreciate it. I am very happy to read the review of your recent stay with us and am glad to hear that the hotel, facilities, and staff were of such high quality. I will very gladly pass on the compliment to all of the staff.

Thank you again, and we will see you next time you visit!
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My stay at this hotel was OUTSTANDING. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The front desk staff are friendly really are glad to see you. The Hampton Inn serves a complimentary breakfast. Hot AND delicious. The young lady working the breakfast room is very attentive and keeps everything stocked. This hotel cares about you and will do what it takes to make your visit a pleasant one. The property is well kept. In 2014 what better hotel to offer COMPLIMENTARY Internet, Breakfast, AND Parking! Don't pass this treasure up if you are staying in the Houston area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank AnthonyJAramburo
Hello AnthonyJAramburo,

Thank you for your review. I am very glad to hear that your recent stay was so perfect. Your kind words have been passed onto all of the staff. We are constantly striving to make every guest happy. We look forward to your future stays with us when you are in Houston.

Thank you again!
Hobbs, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was awesome- and got an great price for last min booking. The bed was very comfortable. Room was clean. Breakfast was good, and gym was adequate for a quick morning workout. This hotel is right next door to Denny's if you don't want to stray away for a meal.

Stayed June 2014
Hello Tyne_B,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am pleased to read your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest again soon!

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
McAllen, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very nice hotel near the downtown Houston. You can reach any attractions within 10 - 20 minutes. To arrive at the Hotel, you need to use I-10 West Exit 764. If you are coming from I-10 East, Exit 765A, then make a left turn twice and RE-ENTER at I-10 West and use Exit 764. Once you get to the Hotel, you will like almost everything. It is a new hotel and everything is clean. We used the top floor and the View is awesome. It looks like that you are in Netherlands or in Germany.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hello Hyun-Chul L.,

Thank you for your recent stay, and your helpful directions in your review. I hope that other guests also find them helpful. We are a new hotel, and many maps and GPS systems still have issues finding us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the view, and proximity to the Houston attractions.

We hope to have you as a guest again soon!