Memorial Inn & Suites
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE(Houston)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2010

We accidentally booked this Day Inn, thinking we were getting the one closer to the Galleria. The website we booked through was nonrefundable, so we figured we would check it out.
This hotel claims to be near the Galleria. We drove past the Galleria, then another 15 minutes without traffic to get to this Days Inn. Not really near the Galleria. The neighborhood around it was nice though.
The hotel looks rundown from the outside even. Finding our second floor room was a challenge, and not something I would enjoy late at night. We booked what was called a Queen room, but oddly enough came with a double bed. The room was tiny, and I don't need a lot of room. The bathroom had an odd half tub, and one couldn't close the door to the bathroom without squishing behind the toilet. The mattress looked like it was just as old as the exterior of the building. It was droopy and hard, and you could feel the springs every few inches.
On the plus side the room was clean. The sheets looked clean even. It's hard for old carpet to look clean, but it wasn't bad.
We decided to cut our loss (which wasn't much) and stay elsewhere. We never regretted it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank ACWilson
Reviewed 6 March 2010

There is no, and never has been a, "restaurant in hotel." There used to be one next door, but it has been closed for a couple years. The pool has not been cleaned since before Jan. 25, 2010. That was the date of the newspaper on pool bottom - along with a lot of leaves and refuse. Broken windows were repaired with duct tape. No business center. The photos of lobby & breakfast room must be from another Days Inn. They put me in 3 different rooms before my computer could even 'see' a wi-fi signal - but never could connect. I turned in my key and left! Didn't stay long enough to find out what the strong disinfectant smell - everywhere - was masking. Cheapest place around and still not worth it!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Hagrid89
Reviewed 23 April 2009

This motel needs serious renovation. The room was run-down with mildewed conditions. This motel was far below normal Days Inn standards. I've stayed at Days Inns before and usually satisified with the price and quality, but not this one. If the room rate was only $25, then it might be worth it. If Days Inn cares about their brand, then they should pull this motel from their franchise. At least the A/C was working well.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Toomanydaysontheroad
Reviewed 28 June 2007

We booked here just for one night since it was convinient we were just gona be there to sleep but Oh my God never again the bed was so small, the carpets super dirty with left over food on the corners, the shower didnt had hot water, the shower curtain fell every 10 seconds, the remote control didnt work, terrible smell, dont even bother to stay here

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ladybug197
Reviewed 11 May 2007

Days Inn are usually a very good deal, however this hotel is below average: Dirty, dark and smelly! 2 power sockets did not work! Very old inventory and installations! Numours mosquitos where waiting in my room already. How nice... Wireless signal was very low! Rude lady at the reception! Ridicolous breakfast! I only booked it because the location, close to my clients, however I was happy to leave and that I did not spend more time in the room! Try another one for the same money, or spend USD 5.- more per day for a Red Roof or La Quinta...

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Luschnoar