“Mixed Feelings About This One”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #20 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a relatively new and attractive hotel; the rooms comfortable and the bedding crispy fresh. The downfall here is in the little details that make a stay special. As a diamond member, water and/or snacks are offered up upon arrival. Not here. And at almost 11 p.m. the bar was about to close, so the bartender suggested we order room-service once we settled in ... after which we found out that room service also closed at 11 p.m. so no food for us until morning! This seemed a rather strategic move; the bartender did receive her tip for the glass of wine! Our second stay here, and it's convenient, but next visit we may look further afield. A positive experience both visits was breakfast, as the two hostesses are lovely (same two at previous visit) and helpful, and there is a full-service line for eggs made to order, which is definitely a plus. Also, there is a Starbucks station in the dining area, and that says a lot to many people, including me. In summary: more management attention to guest-friendly details ... more dots next time! You can do this!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff. I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right. If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate on contacting me via e-mail or by phone.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have frequented this hotel several times during our vists to Houston's west side. Loved the "welcome" and enthusiastic efficiency of the front desk. The rooms always meet or exceed our expectations!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The staff are phenomenal. Gorgeous hotel and exceptional staff made for a wonderful stay! The rooms are very spacious and clean and got a great night sleep in very cozy beds. The Manager's happy hour was a nice welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel was great. The staff excellent. Room was clean and fresh. The time spent at the evening reception was good. The made to order breakfast was excellent. My wife and I had no complaints. Will return at a later date.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My mom and I were in Houston for a wedding on Saturday and we stayed at this location from Friday through Sunday. My mom has been a ES lover since I was a little girl and this is the only hotel that she will stay at when we travel together. Over the years, I've seen my share of ES, some good, some not so good. But, I must say I was very, very impressed with this location. The lobby, dining, hallways, and rooms are nicely decorated, modern, and spotless. The manager's reception was outstanding with great house wine and tasty fresh fruit, creamy cheese and crackers. The breakfast was fantastic with two omelet stations in addition to the delicious fruit, french toast, sausage, cereal, breads, pastries, fresh coffee and flavored creamer! I travel a lot and I've noticed that more hotels have started the "free breakfast" deal with your stay. However, their complimentary breakfast will never, ever compare to the buffet at this ES location. On Friday, I ordered room service after a long road trip. Although the operator said that it would take 45 minutes, my food actually arrived in 15 minutes. How awesome is that?! I would like to especially recognize Jay and Alex for making our check-in quick and painless and for making our stay memorable. Thanks for being so nice to us! This hotel is right off of a freeway, but we heard zero noise in our room. This hotel really renewed my faith in Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We often use Embassy Suites, as we like the two room layout and breakfasts are usually good. This was no exception and, even though we overlooked the freeway, noise was not an issue. The hotel provided a shuttle service free of charge which we used to get to Brenners restaurant and back, this was great, especially as we were told that Taxis can be quite expensive around there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Embassy Suites. The pool and hot tub were both great. Breakfast was AMAZING! Loved the cooked to order omelets and pancakes....plus the usual cereal, breads, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage etc. One day our room was not cleaned. I informed the front desk. Unfortunately, housekeeping had left for the day. But, they had a couple of guys from the front come up and take out the trash, replace the towels etc. We wondered back behind the hotel and found a great walking trail. It was really nice to have the fridge and microwave in the room. Would love to go back.

Room Tip: Room away from the highway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family