Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor
Ranked #18 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Omaha, Nebraska
“Super Friendly”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I am a Hilton gold member and do my best to stay at Hilton properties when I travel and this hotel is one of the reasons why I go out of my way. Jay at the front desk, was super helpful and accommodating. I will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Look for upgrades for free or as little as $5 when or after you book your room. Make sure you are s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Houston, Energy Corridor. Your stay is important to us and we hope to see you again soon. We will make sure Jay get's a copy of your comments.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Austin
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'm a loyal Embassy Suites fan, I seek them out whenever convenient, and I've stayed at a decent number of them. It's funny how the same breakfast food can be made to vary from one location to another, but it does. This location is either at or near the top of my experiences. The omelette was the best Embassy version I've ever had, by far. Cooked in individual pans, and finished under a broiler to melt the cheese, it was well worth the wait. The last location I stayed at in Dallas just sloshed some eggs randomly on a large grill, threw the toppings on, and basically scooped up a scrambled mess onto your plate topped with cold cheese. Big difference here, and much appreciated! The fruit was ripe and sweet. The weakest item was the bacon, which had a thin, almost cloth-type texture and was not enjoyable. The happy hour was good, with speedy service, just stick to beer if you like it. The cocktails were very weak and watery and limited to a small selection of bottom shelf spirits. But I'm not complaining, free is free, and I appreciate the offering. Snacks were veggies/dip and chips/salsa (salsa being pretty decent). I was a bit confused on arrival about parking, finally figuring out to drive around the back of the building to the garage. There are some spaces in the front, but they are coned off for valet only. The lobby is modern and comfortable. This isn't the usual atrium architecture. Check in was lightning fast. I was assigned a room exactly according to my Honors profile preference. The room was nice, clean, and cool. Bedding very comfortable, mini fridge nice and cold. Plenty of everything in the room. Only glitch was getting the bedroom TV to work. It wouldn't power up, and I finally found that the power cord was loose on the back of the set. Once I snugged it up, no issues. Also the living room TV has a terrible signal on the SD channels, but I fiddled with the cable connections and it improved. Maybe housekeeping is swiveling the TVs to clean and the cords are becoming loosened??? Anyway, I would definitely stay here again without hesitation, and I probably will next year if this trip becomes an annual event. Speaking of events, it seems that family reunions are the thing to hold at this hotel. I read of them in other reviews, and it sure seemed like one was happening when I was there also. No worries about the crowd though, no lines for anything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ruprecht88
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Houston, Energy Corridor. Your stay is important to us and we will use your suggestions to make all improvements.

Managment
Houston, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This Is An Excellent Hotel With Extremely Helpful And Friendly Staff. The Décor Is Beautiful And The Food Is Some Of The Best I've Tasted At Any Hotel. This WAs Not Our First Time Visiting Embassy Suites And It Definitely Will Not Be Our Last. x

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Charlene S
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Houstn, Energy Corridor. Your stay is important to us and we look forward to your next stay with us, soon.

Temple, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have stayed at plenty of Embassy's, but I have to say this is absolutely the best. I enjoyed the feel of the hotel, the food and the customer service. Upon checking in, the manager Yolanda Johnson was at the desk as well and immediately made us feel so welcome. Great smile, Friendly, very knowledgeable and great overall customer service. All Embassy's, all hotels should have someone like her on staff. She was always so eager to take care of us and make sure we had everything we need, always eager to give us plenty of information regarding the area and restaurants, and always keeping that happy beautiful smile on her face. It seemed she was always there as well but I know she had to have went home at some time or another, but I know she cares about her job because she was available when needed. This hotel was clean, fresh and beautiful. It was well maintained and all the employees seem to be happy. I will always stay here whenever I come back to Houston. Great Job and Kudos to Yolanda!!

Room Tip: Suites are always the way to go!! Enough room/space for everyone and great breakfast and happy hour.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leisa M
Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Embassy Suites Houston, Energy Corridor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. We will make sure Yolanda get's a copy of your survey.

Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Mostly friendly staff with few exceptions. If you don't have dollar bills in your hand for tipping on complimentary drinks or breakfast, you will not get friendly greetings or a smile. Like I said there's always that few exceptions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your response to your recent stay with us at the Embassy Suites Houston, Energy Corridor. We take your survey with the upmost importance. We will use your comments to better serve our guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel. Any time I need a home away from home I stay here. I had a ladies retreat there this weekend and all of the ladies had a blast. Yolanda is the best at what she does. Maria at the bar is amazing. Carlos in the dining room is very friendly. Gaby at check in.... The list goes on. Try the breakfast and be impressed. Have dinner and leave happy. A must visit.

• Stayed July 2014
Gary S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston - Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is my first review of a hotel but the service here is so fantastic I have to brag on it. If you are looking for friendly accommodating staff, great food, free happy hour and a clean room this is your place! Yolanda, America, Gaby, Sabrina, the list goes on....this has become my home away from home. If you don't like it here you have problems

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Brent R
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Houston, Energy Corridor. Your stay is important to us and we hope to you again soon.