“Nice Place”

Ranked #349 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Calgary, Canada
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is an average hotel for the money, Rooms were clean, breakfast was average and the breakfast was ok, there was a heavy cigarette smell in the hallways on the main floor so the ventilation is poor in the hallways. But I didn't sleep in the hallways.
You definitely need to as for a room at the back or a quiet room as we did, The freeway is all around and can be noisy.

Here is my petty peeve, The manager was very nice and accommodating but he parks his car right in the entranceway congesting the area to drive up and check in and out... yes life could be worse but I just thought I would throw that in...

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from freeway noise. If you a non smoker, they seem to have a lot of cigar...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
dallas
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The management is EXCELLENT at this hotel. In turn the employees have been trained and taught how to take care of the guest. I have used this hotel many times in the last few months for myself and my crew. They have gone above and beyond any other hotel has ever done. We appreciate the hospitality that has been shown to us from the cleaning crew all the way up to the manager Tony. Thanks again for our home away from home while we complete a job in Houston,

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tommy_j76
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Nice reception by the manager, I took his suggestion for a non-upgraded room for more peace and quiet. Breakfast downstairs included basic eggs and bacon, tea, coffee, cereal, etc. Perfectly fine for a quick trip. I was hesitant to give 5 stars for a basic property, but for its price group, I really can't ask for more. :-)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
houston
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We got this as a reward night for a last-minute booking. No real complaints. Room was great, didn't hear any hall noise unless you were in the bathroom right next to it. Met all our needs...comfy bed, clean room, good hot breakfast, safe feeling. Gated parking lot was nice since on feeder road to I-45.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was stuck in Houston during a very large event week and did not have a hotel booked. Not knowing the area or the chain I booked a week at this location. I asked to see a room because as soon as I was trying to check in the lobby and the other "guests" seemed seedy. When I asked to see a room before checking in the man behind the desk told I might as well get my bags because I was going to be paying for the night anyway. He then gave me a room key and number, when I went to the room to look it had someone in it! I went to the counter again and told him, he got angry with me like I did something wrong. The barb wire fencing around the place tells you this is not a safe place, it took a call to the corporate office to get my money back because he charged me for all the nights immediately. This is not clean nor is it safe.

Room Tip: The best tip I could give you would be to chose another hotel or sleep in your car!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank angela b

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We had to leave in a hurry and I booked this hotel based upon other tripadvisor recommendations and it was a good choice. The hotel is right off I 45 and we didn't hear road traffic from the highway. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and breakfast was more than adequate! We enjoyed our stay and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank homeocsg
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Real Eggs for Breakfast, Clean room and great mattress! Oh,, and don't forget the staff. Great People. Had an issue with shower not getting hot enough. Maintenance had it fixed promptly.

Easy access off I 45 with several restaurants nearby. Stayed at several other hotels in Houston until I found this one

I highly recommend. Great value for the money. Will be headed back that way soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business