“Oh! Wow!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peli Peli

Peli Peli
Reserve with OpenTable
Peli Peli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$20 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Louetta
Description: Peli Peli is the only South African fusion restaurant in Texas and the 2010 Click2Houston winner for Best Romantic Restaurant in Houston. Peli Peli is located at Vintage Park, a 100,000 square foot upscale lifestyle center that serves the communities in Northwest Houston (Hwy 249 & Louetta). Guests are invited to dine under Peli Peli's 30-foot tall, one-of-a-kind Acacia Tree and illuminated sky which creates an atmosphere perfect for romantic dinners and special occasions. Peli Peli also features avant-garde architecture, a spacious dining area, a Sunday brunch, full bar & lounge, a cozy, private dining room and an outdoor patio facing the Piazza. In addition to its awards for atmosphere (2009 Houston Press - Reader's Choice) and ambience (Best Romantic Bar and Music Venue - Citysearch 2009), Peli Peli is one of only a handful of restaurants in Houston that have been rated at least 4-stars on every online food and drink website.
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Oh! Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our second visit to Peli Peli. If anything it improved with time.
The meat is tender and flavorful. The sauces were superb, adding to the flavor of the meats, but never overpowering them.
Each piece of fruit had been carefully selected and seemed perfect.
Their wine cellar was quite nice and did have South African wines. Since the restaurant is South African, that seems appropriate.
I will try this place again... and again.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Good food but loud inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I like Peli Peli when I can sit outside. When you eat inside it is impossible to have a conversation. The food is always excellent. We like the sea bass and their steaks.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 2dogfam
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
“Great atmosphere, great food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you like a great diversity of flavorful foods, this is the place for you. You will never eat at a more original place! We shared the appetizer of bobotie and then shared the hanging skewer of steak with garlic sauce. The sides that came with it were amazing. I liked the potato and carrot mash and the tiny cubed potatoes. The rice was wonderful too. I found that I liked to get a bit of each on the fork and the fusion of flavors was awesome. Give this a try if you want something truly unique.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank demastersd
Cypress, Texas
“unique selections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a South African restaurant. They are now opening another location in the Galleria.
An outstanding experience awaits. I enjoyed Chilean Sea Bass. The beef selections were equally enjoyed by fellow diners.

• Visited May 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“"My new favorite restaurant"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A friend took me to Peli Peli before my flight home. What an amazing place! I had a delicious vegetable dish flavored with curry. It was a party in my mouth! I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy the ambiance! I took a "to go" container with a most awesome desert, thinking I would eat it on the plane. Not so much....the desert was gone by the time I arrived at Bush International! ( I don't remember the name of the dessert, but it had a wonderful caramel sauce...) The wait staff was great, and we did not wait long at all for our food. Wish Peli Peli were in Colorado Springs!!! I highly recommend Peli Peli.

• Visited May 2014