“Best stay for the money in the area, by far” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway

Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway
Ranked #236 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Best stay for the money in the area, by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I travel to Houston Northwest area 5-10 days a month on business. Over the last year I have stayed at about 7 different hotels for at least a week a piece in the Houston Northwest area. My opinion is that the Sleep Inn offers the most comfortable experience for the rate of any other options in the area.

The hotels in the immediate region catering to average business traveler average around $90-$180 nightly for a standard room. The Sleep Inn usually comes in around $100.

The hotel staff is very friendly, and extremely accommodating to visitors. Excellent customer service.

In my opinion it has the most comfortable, well decorated and functional room of any of the business traveler options in the area. All of the rooms are immaculate, and have a very tasteful and modern decor. Much more so then some of the highest end hotel options in the area. It is very impressive.

The rooms come with a long, functional desk with high speed internet cable on the left and a 32'' flat screen TV on the right. The set up for this is fantastic, as I can work on my computer plugged into the internet, and if I want run an HDMI cable from the computer to the TV to export the image I easily can. This sounds simple, but in practice this is the only hotel room in the area that has such a practical and functional set up.

Other features: Very comfortable bed, gorgeous bathroom with marble counter tops, microwave and refrigerator in a nook so I can put some groceries there for the week, very quiet and peaceful at all times.

Cons: The internet, while reasonably fast for a hotel, does seem to get a bit inconsistent with it's speed. Still on the higher end of the hotel internet spectrum, though. Also my room in the most recent stay did not have a bath tub but a standing shower, which is a minor quibble (and maybe preferable to some).

Overall: Far exceeds expectations. Great room, especially in the context of the price. I have stayed here on two separate week long trips, and not been disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a room on opposite side of the highway if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and for being such a loyal customer for the past year. We apprecaite that you continue to choose Sleep Inn & Suites as
your home in Houston. Also let me apologize about the quality of the Internet Service at our hotel during you stay with us. I assure you we will work on quality of our Wired and Wireless Internet Connection. Again, Thank you for staying with us.!

Please come back soon to see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Pros:

- Free breakfast
- Flat screen TV
- Kind staff
- Spacious bathrooms
- Free Wall Street Journal
- Marble countertops in room and bathroom
- Huge desk
- Very cold thermostat (for spring/summer)
- Safe environment (business and retail)
- New construction
- Clean throughout
- Large rooms
- Fair rate ($85 ChoiceHotels.com)
- Micro-fridge in room
- Comfortable beds
- Very quiet!
- Very near many restaurants
- Beautiful lobby

Cons:

- Unable to connect to wi-fi (but wired connection worked fine)

Summary:

- A great place to stay on this side of Houston. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BSpeaker
Austin, TX / Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

My company reserved some rooms in this hotel for me and some co-workers. We were in town for a business conference. Since I could not find any other reviews on TA, I was a little nervous. However, all worries went away as soon as I walked in through the doors.

Lobby/Check-In: Excellent, clean, and welcoming. The front desk guy checked us all in. When he got to my reservation, he said that my room wasn't covered by the corporate reservation, although the reservation was in the same group. He immediately handled it without any hesitation and handed me my room card. Excellent!

Room: Gorgeous! I was in the King Suite on the 3rd floor. The bedding was nice. It had a thin down comforter which was a great addition. The office desk was very nice-sized with a plug-in internet or wifi. The room included a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, etc.. There was a love seat which is also a pull-out bed. The regular King rooms (non-suite) are slightly smaller. The King Suite is definitely more spacious.

Bathroom: The bathroom was nicely decorated. Had a shallow tub with the normal toiletries. However, my co-workers said they were in a regular King room (not the suite) and they all had walk-in showers, not a tub. So if you want a tub, you'll have to reserve a King Suite, not a normal King room.

Breakfast: The complimentary breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast. Sausage, bacon, yogurt, waffles, breads, etc.. It would have been nice if there were some scrambled eggs or something. But it was nice to have something to snack on in the morning.

Small Issue: Only problem I had was at one point card key no longer worked. After getting the card re-keyed the lock still didn't work. I went downstairs again and the front desk guy said he'd send someone up. As I went back upstairs my co-worker's door lock had the same issue. Some guy popped out into the hallway from a couple doors down and said "You can't get into your room either?" He then pulled a key card from his pocket and put it in the door and it unlocked. He was wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt and just randomly had a key card to open any door??? A little concerning, especially since he didn't introduce himself as an employee. But he was and then he walked over to my door and said the battery was completely dead. A few minutes later he came back with a battery charger and unlocked my room door. I had to leave for dinner, so I left him in my room fixing my door. Upon my return, the front desk guy gave me a new key card. I went up to my room and everything was as it was when I left. My personal belongings were untouched, including the jewelry I left on the desk. It was nice to be in a hotel where you can trust the employees.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a room in this area. The CS is great, the rooms are nice, and I had a good night sleep. I really enjoyed my stay. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me! Also, I took some pictures (posted).

Sorry for the long story above, but I just wanted to let you know about how quickly the staff handled my door issue.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor and it was nice. You are surrounded by other hotels, so there really isn...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business