“A convenient place to stay”

Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway
Ranked #223 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“A convenient place to stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Right on the feeder. close to many places to eat. The rooms were very clean neat and organized. Nice flat screen TV. Bed were nice with the comforters.room appeared to be recently updated. Would gladly stay here again. Enjoyed the small workout area. Staff we're out going and easy to deal with and they took care of all problems or questions that I had. Check in was quick and easy. Parking lot was well lit and seems safe.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gatlinburg, TN
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I was put up here by an airline also, due to a cancled flight. i arrived late and was checked in effortlessly. the clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, clean and well furnished. I had a good nights sleep. However, I did not need an alarm clock the next morning. That is when I find out that the hotel property adjoins that of a kennel. At 7 in the morning, must have been when the workers showed up, the dogw go crazy with all the barking and howelling. I was on the third floor and it was bad up there. When I went down for teh breakfast, it was actually quiter down ther than it was in my room.

Room Tip: One facing the street would be better than one facing the dogs out back.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Arizona
Reviewed 25 February 2013

king suite, one night.
check in was effortless. the desk clerk was helpful and friendly.
the room was clean and fresh.
parking is convenient.

problems:
1. the heater did not work. I informed the desk clerk and asked that it be fixed. we were not offered a different room. when we returned around midnight, there was no heat. I discussed this with the desk clerk on duty at that time he offered a different room. I declined since my 90 year old father was taking a shower and it would have been difficult for him to pack up and move at late hour. I think we should have been offered a different room when I first notified them about the lack of heat since maintenace people are not available at night (per the desk clerk) and it was clear there was no one to fix the heater.

2. no pillows, sheets or blankets in the room for the sofa bed. it took 2 trips to the front desk at midnight to get the bedding. the sofa bed was very uncomfortable.

I understand that things happen, however when we checked out I left my email address with the desk clerk and asked that the manager contact me about my concerns. he didn't.

the price of the room was raised about $50.00 that night (we were told by the desk clerk) because of the NBA playoffs and I think it would be reasonable to adjust the rate a little because of the lack of heat on a cold night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
sleepinn290, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for your review and sharing your expierce with us. We love getting feedback from our guests regardless if its positive or negative in order to improve our service. I want to apologize for the mixed expiernce you had at our hotel during your stay. We expect nothing but excellent stay for our guests as well as our staffs workmanship in order to make it happen. I will certainly look into this matter and will be providing you with an email from me right away. I really hope you can give us another chance to show you our hospitality at its finest.

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My company has a negotiated rate with a "better known" hotel across the freeway, but it doesn't include breakfast, so this was actually a better deal. New construction is always nice, and the rooms, common areas and corridors smell clean and are well appointed.

The WiFi didn't hold in the breakfast room but I didn't try it in my room. Breakfast could have been better stocked (no yogurt, cereal and juices were scraping bottom) but I didn't go hungry with the whimsical Texas waffle and bacon (mmmm, meat candy)....

Location is great, there are several restaurants right in front of the hotel. When you're away from home, it's nice to be able to kick back at a sports bar and walk back to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time out and letting us know how your expiernce was at Sleep Inn & Suites. We are very glad you gave us a chance over your normal accomodations. We will definitely improve on our breakfast in order to keep it refilled. We hope to see you soon.

Michigan
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My hubby and I stayed here one night with our 3 children. We had missed our connection flight back home and there was no other flights until the following evening. The airline put us in this hotel. They have an hourly airport shuttle. The pools were nice. The complimentary breakfast was a plus. The hotel allowed us to stay a little longer than check-out time due to our flight not being until the evening. Staff was nice and friendly. I would recommend for a night our two, but not any longer than that.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Iam from Orange County, Ca. I absolutely, love this place. Most importantly the rooms are clean, and is very quiet. The front desk employees are very professional. Next time I come to visit Houston, I know where to stay. Thank you, for and have and outstanding hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Mike P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for your review Florroja! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to know that you would stay with us again in the future and it would be our pleasure to accommodate you again! Happy Travels!
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I travel to Houston Northwest area 5-10 days a month on business. Over the last year I have stayed at about 7 different hotels for at least a week a piece in the Houston Northwest area. My opinion is that the Sleep Inn offers the most comfortable experience for the rate of any other options in the area.

The hotels in the immediate region catering to average business traveler average around $90-$180 nightly for a standard room. The Sleep Inn usually comes in around $100.

The hotel staff is very friendly, and extremely accommodating to visitors. Excellent customer service.

In my opinion it has the most comfortable, well decorated and functional room of any of the business traveler options in the area. All of the rooms are immaculate, and have a very tasteful and modern decor. Much more so then some of the highest end hotel options in the area. It is very impressive.

The rooms come with a long, functional desk with high speed internet cable on the left and a 32'' flat screen TV on the right. The set up for this is fantastic, as I can work on my computer plugged into the internet, and if I want run an HDMI cable from the computer to the TV to export the image I easily can. This sounds simple, but in practice this is the only hotel room in the area that has such a practical and functional set up.

Other features: Very comfortable bed, gorgeous bathroom with marble counter tops, microwave and refrigerator in a nook so I can put some groceries there for the week, very quiet and peaceful at all times.

Cons: The internet, while reasonably fast for a hotel, does seem to get a bit inconsistent with it's speed. Still on the higher end of the hotel internet spectrum, though. Also my room in the most recent stay did not have a bath tub but a standing shower, which is a minor quibble (and maybe preferable to some).

Overall: Far exceeds expectations. Great room, especially in the context of the price. I have stayed here on two separate week long trips, and not been disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a room on opposite side of the highway if possible.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and for being such a loyal customer for the past year. We apprecaite that you continue to choose Sleep Inn & Suites as
your home in Houston. Also let me apologize about the quality of the Internet Service at our hotel during you stay with us. I assure you we will work on quality of our Wired and Wireless Internet Connection. Again, Thank you for staying with us.!

Please come back soon to see us soon.