“An OK experience”

Ranked #223 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Denton, Texas
“An OK experience”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed at the Sleep Inn Hwy 290 for three nights on business. Overall the experience was fine but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again when in the area.

The number of television stations is very limited - including no NBC network. None of the few cable channels are in HD which defeats the purpose of having a nice flat screen television.

There was mildew in my bathroom on the ceiling and around the exhaust vent. The towels, while clean, were definitely showing their age and need to be replaced. Two lightbulbs in my room did not function.

The hotel is in a busy location and within easy walking distance of several restaurants and a Cinemark Tinseltown theater. The hotel is very close to the freeway so ask for a room on the north side of the hotel for less road noise.

The free breakfast was ok and included standard options. The staff were nice and courteous.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are away from freeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Right on the feeder. close to many places to eat. The rooms were very clean neat and organized. Nice flat screen TV. Bed were nice with the comforters.room appeared to be recently updated. Would gladly stay here again. Enjoyed the small workout area. Staff we're out going and easy to deal with and they took care of all problems or questions that I had. Check in was quick and easy. Parking lot was well lit and seems safe.

• Stayed May 2013
Gatlinburg, TN
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I was put up here by an airline also, due to a cancled flight. i arrived late and was checked in effortlessly. the clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, clean and well furnished. I had a good nights sleep. However, I did not need an alarm clock the next morning. That is when I find out that the hotel property adjoins that of a kennel. At 7 in the morning, must have been when the workers showed up, the dogw go crazy with all the barking and howelling. I was on the third floor and it was bad up there. When I went down for teh breakfast, it was actually quiter down ther than it was in my room.

Room Tip: One facing the street would be better than one facing the dogs out back.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Arizona
Reviewed 25 February 2013

king suite, one night.
check in was effortless. the desk clerk was helpful and friendly.
the room was clean and fresh.
parking is convenient.

problems:
1. the heater did not work. I informed the desk clerk and asked that it be fixed. we were not offered a different room. when we returned around midnight, there was no heat. I discussed this with the desk clerk on duty at that time he offered a different room. I declined since my 90 year old father was taking a shower and it would have been difficult for him to pack up and move at late hour. I think we should have been offered a different room when I first notified them about the lack of heat since maintenace people are not available at night (per the desk clerk) and it was clear there was no one to fix the heater.

2. no pillows, sheets or blankets in the room for the sofa bed. it took 2 trips to the front desk at midnight to get the bedding. the sofa bed was very uncomfortable.

I understand that things happen, however when we checked out I left my email address with the desk clerk and asked that the manager contact me about my concerns. he didn't.

the price of the room was raised about $50.00 that night (we were told by the desk clerk) because of the NBA playoffs and I think it would be reasonable to adjust the rate a little because of the lack of heat on a cold night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
sleepinn290, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Thank you for your review and sharing your expierce with us. We love getting feedback from our guests regardless if its positive or negative in order to improve our service. I want to apologize for the mixed expiernce you had at our hotel during your stay. We expect nothing but excellent stay for our guests as well as our staffs workmanship in order to make it happen. I will certainly look into this matter and will be providing you with an email from me right away. I really hope you can give us another chance to show you our hospitality at its finest.

Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My company has a negotiated rate with a "better known" hotel across the freeway, but it doesn't include breakfast, so this was actually a better deal. New construction is always nice, and the rooms, common areas and corridors smell clean and are well appointed.

The WiFi didn't hold in the breakfast room but I didn't try it in my room. Breakfast could have been better stocked (no yogurt, cereal and juices were scraping bottom) but I didn't go hungry with the whimsical Texas waffle and bacon (mmmm, meat candy)....

Location is great, there are several restaurants right in front of the hotel. When you're away from home, it's nice to be able to kick back at a sports bar and walk back to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking time out and letting us know how your expiernce was at Sleep Inn & Suites. We are very glad you gave us a chance over your normal accomodations. We will definitely improve on our breakfast in order to keep it refilled. We hope to see you soon.

Michigan
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My hubby and I stayed here one night with our 3 children. We had missed our connection flight back home and there was no other flights until the following evening. The airline put us in this hotel. They have an hourly airport shuttle. The pools were nice. The complimentary breakfast was a plus. The hotel allowed us to stay a little longer than check-out time due to our flight not being until the evening. Staff was nice and friendly. I would recommend for a night our two, but not any longer than that.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Iam from Orange County, Ca. I absolutely, love this place. Most importantly the rooms are clean, and is very quiet. The front desk employees are very professional. Next time I come to visit Houston, I know where to stay. Thank you, for and have and outstanding hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Mike P, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Hwy 290 / NW Freeway, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for your review Florroja! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad to know that you would stay with us again in the future and it would be our pleasure to accommodate you again! Happy Travels!