“Unexpected, But Well Worth It!”

SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #16 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We weren't even planning to go through Houston, but after a 10-hour delay due to fog last week, we were rerouted to IAH for a 12-hour layover. Choices: 1) Two 7-year-olds in the airport (hatin' it!); or 2) SpringHill Suites! We chose the latter, having had a wonderful stay there in June to break up our trip back from Spain. Of course, we couldn't have been more right!

Martin helped me on the phone and when we checked in. Love. Even though we had to wait forever for the shuttle to arrive to pick us up (well, it seemed like forever after having been rerouted on another airline even -- only to have that flight cancelled as well and be rerouted back on our original carrier), the driver was so nice that we immediately forgave him (not that it was his fault). Check in was easy and Martin just makes you feel like you matter.

There was something yummy cooking and the aroma wafted above us. My husband immediately investigated and discovered that it was the cheeseburger from the bar. Rigo (the bartender) was a phenomenal host, making excellent recommendations (I had a chicken chiabatta, our twin boys shared a chicken caesar salad, and my husband had the cheeseburger). The food was well-priced, hugely portioned, and delicious. The drinks were equally tasty. Rigo was so engaging that he even made a special cookie ice cream sundae for one of my sons (the other chose Dibs from the market bar at the front desk, which has numerous items for sale).

The room was fantastic again. My husband also noticed that they had totally fixed the fitness center's power problem (as noted in my last review, there was an issue with the machines all getting power, but they fixed it temporarily so we could still work out). No pool, as we didn't even have a change of clothes and were exhausted.

Shuttle ride in the morning was again, easy and the driver was very pleasant. Terry checked us out seamlessly and is just so nice. I know it sounds cheesy, but seriously, the people here are just SO NICE. Why can't the 5-star hotels have people like this working there? This hotel deserves the absolute best review. I wish there were an option to click 6 stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank twopeasonepod808
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

twopeasonepod808,
Thank you for your gracious review and feedback from your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than to receive recognition from our guests on excellent service. Each member of our staff strives daily to provide not only exceptional experiences, but also to sincerely connect and engage with each guests. I will be certain to recognize Martin and Rigo with special commendations for their outstanding service and warm hospitality. We're happy to have added a little extra comfort to your unexpected stay, and we hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport

Reviewed 31 October 2013

New hotel, minimal airport noise, very friendly staff. The bar/restaurant serves fresh albeit basic food, in case you don't have a car. Rooms are large, and I like the toilet being separate from the shower, with sinks in each area, very helpful in the morning. A very nice stay if you are coming in late or leaving early

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

GoHawks5,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental. It's fantastic to hear that our friendly staff, spacious accommodations, and on-site amenities made for an enjoyable stay. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Springhill in August. I stayed on a Friday and the rates were extremely reasonable. The decor was very refreshing and enjoyable. What a nice look and feel! The front desk was always very friendly and helpful.

The bar area served a limited pub type menu, but the food was very good and the price reasonable for the area.

Only drawback is the noise from planes, but one gets adjusted after a few flights.

Airport shuttle was kind and helpful. I was glad they were looking out for all of our best interests. I would love to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Jennifer T,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport.. It's great to know our on-site bar and complimentary shuttle were well suited for your travels and provided added an convenience during your stay. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

With good wi-fi, perfect location to the airport, half an hour intervals shuttle to the terminals, and fine rooms, this hotel meets expectations. The rooms could be cleaner and the breakfast was poor, scrambled eggs having been prepared quite badly, but the sleep quality was fine, with the sounds of jets well avoided. other hotels could be tried as well, but this certainly works.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Feyziercin,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We appreciate your positive feedback as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. We're glad you found our proximity to the airport and amenities to meet your expectations. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We had a really great experience. The shuttle was very convenient, the hot breakfast was as expected and the room was clean and comfortable. The customer service was great with a very accommodating front desk staff. If I find myself in the Houston IAH area again, this would me my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank vonjon82

vonjon82,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. It's wonderful to hear that our accommodating staff, clean rooms, and value added amenities made for a great experience. Please continue to make SpringHill Suites your number one choice hotel in the Houston area. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed had an early flight on Sunday, so decided to stay this last Saturday evening. We could not have asked for a nicer hotel! I originally had two rooms reserved, but at the last minute, only ended up needing one. They were so kind as to cancel the second reservation without a penalty.

The room was very nice. There was a sitting area, mini fridge and microwave, king sized bed and "two bathrooms". One bathroom housed the toilet and sink and the second bathroom housed the shower and another sink. I found the shower to be somewhat difficult to use, but for some odd reason I have that problem in most hotels.

The hotel offers a bar that serves a small variety of food. I have to give a "shout out" to Paula, one of the staff members, who impressed us with her sense of humor and wonderful apple-tini making abilities.

We were not able to make it for the continental breakfast, but they offer it free, everyday.

There is an outdoor pool and free wifi.

The staff could not have been any nicer. From the time we checked in to the time we took the complimentary shuttle to the airport, it was an extremely pleassant stay. I don't think I'll be going to Houston any time in the near future, but if I do, I will stay there!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MargaretMI1979

MargaretMI1979,
Thank you for your review and kind comments our excellent service and amenities at SpringHill Suites Intercontinental Airport. We work hard at offering great customer service by having a dedicated team of associates that genuinely care about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I look forward to sharing your complimentary feedback with our team, and I will be certain to recognize Paula with a special commendation for her warm hospitality. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

If you have to stay at the airport, I'd recommend this hotel. I liked that the toilet was in a separate room than the shower and sink. The sofa/desk area was convenient. Everything was new and clean and looked like it had just been redone yesterday. Comfy lobby area with plenty of places to sit, and a yummy free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldspeak

goldspeak,
Thank you for your review and recommendations of our great hotel. We appreciate you choosing SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, and we're glad our clean and spacious accommodations made for an enjoyable stay. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back as our guest again soon. Thank you once again for writing.