“Excellent Airport Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Raleigh, NC
“Excellent Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I'm at the Lifetime Marriott Gold Rewards level which means I've stayed at a lot of Marriott properties. This location stands out beyond just it's obvious convenient location by the airport. It's relatively new and is maintained 'near-new' inside and out. My king room was fresh and clean. The free, prompt airport shuttle van service was useful to me. The helpful, friendly staff really contributed to a great, 3-night business stay. Front desk staff, cleaning staff, food/bar staff and shuttle van drivers were all professional and very focused on my satisfaction. The complimentary breakfast offered sufficient options so I ate there each morning. After 5:00 pm, the hotel bar offered delicious light evening meal options (about $10) so I never ventured out to any restaurants (really appreciated being able to order and pick up in approximately 15 minutes to chill and eat in my room after my 10+ hour work days). Just keep in mind any hotel near an intercontinental airport has airplane noises (so, I brought a little sleep machine along which makes soothing noise to help me sleep better away from home). Speaking of home, this hotel made me miss mine less.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
PJewel,
We value your loyalty to our brand and thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport for your business travels. We are delighted to hear about the comfort and convenience you experienced at our hotel, as well as the friendly service delivered by our staff. Please plan to visit us again in the future as your home away from home. Thank you again for writing.

Devin Frank, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 25 January 2014

we missed our connecting flight for vacation and had to get a hotel... the ladies working the front desk were very nice! They offered us a ride to a nearby restaurant and offered to pick us up. I haven't had hospitality like this from a hotel in a long time! While we were waiting for the shuttle back to the airport all of the staff had smiles on their faces and made you feel at home. I believe it was the manager that was quite hilarious cracking a few jokes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniella S,
Thank you writing a review from your experience at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We're sorry to hear you missed your connecting flight for vacation. I'm pleased to know our staff's warm hospitality added comfort to your unexpected situation and made you feel right at home. We hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for your great review.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I struggled with this hotel a little. It is clean and efficient. The shuttle pickup was smooth, checkin was efficient, the room was clean and comfortable. The fitness center is acceptable (2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike and some free weights). Breakfast had a nice variety, including some healthy options. Where I did not like the hotel was that while it was billed as a bare bones business hotel, there were many drunken guests with families. This made it rather loud and disruptive. There was no nearby restaurants so if you don't have a car, you are stuck with the limited facilities at the hotel, and two fast food restaurants.

I think advertising this as a family friendly and casual hotel would better serve its clientele.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
A TripAdvisor Member,
We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Your comments are important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We're glad you liked our hotel otherwise, as well as our clean accommodations and variety of amenities that we're proud to offer our guests. We hope you'll consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I don't normally give 5 stars especially to an airport hotel, but.... When I arrived in Houston airports across the country were closed because of weather. There were cots set up at the airport. Many people were stranded. I thought I am going to be lucky if they have held my reservation as all the hotels were full. It was COLD waiting for the shuttle. When it didn't come quickly the shuttle driver from another Marriott property offered to take myself and another guest to our hotel. When we got to the hotel the lobby was crowded. Many people were there without luggage so the staff was trying to help. I was greeted with a smile! My room was clean and looked new. The next morning same thing, busy employees all with a smile and a how can we help you? Whoever trained these people should get a raise and a promotion. Actually they should all get a raise. This comes from a person who travels a lot and isn't easily impressed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
kpolovina,
It's wonderful to hear of your pleasant stay, and appreciation of our staff at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We have an excellent team of associates that strive daily to provide exceptional guest experiences. Incredible reflections like yours gives us an opportunity to commend our staff on exceeding your expectations during challenging circumstances. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Groves, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Booked this hotel for a girls weekend (had friends flying in)after reading reviews. What a nice experience. Heather on the front desk was my first contact, she was personable, fun and helpful. The staff was wonderful, the ladies serving breakfast, the drivers of the shuttles.
The decor is very modern and colorful in the lobby and the rooms are laid out beautifully. The beds are comfortable and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was a surprise as there was scrambled eggs, sausage and hot oatmeal as well as the waffles and other choices. The hotel is close to the Humble/1960 area so we were able to have nice dinners and shop within a decent
driving distance. Felt safe and comfortable in the hotel, this will be our first choice for future weekends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Tonie T,
Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport for your girls weekend. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our clean accommodations, complimentary services, and hospitable staff. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff, and I will be certain Heather receives a special commendation for her outstanding service. We hope you and your girlfriends will return for another visit in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Hayden, Idaho
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel before departing for a cruise out of Bayport. The room was clean with all of the necessary amenities. We grabbed a quick dinner in the attached very small restaurant. It was overpriced with horrible food. We would stay here again, but not eat in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
parisparisparis,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We're glad our accommodations and amenities made for an enjoyable stay. It's unfortunate to hear that our restaurant fell short of meeting your satisfaction Please know we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. Thank you again for choosing our hotel before departing for your cruise. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice for business trips. My expectation of a hotel by the airport is very low. Springhill Suites completely surpassed my expectations. I don't know if I have ever stayed at a hotel with such wonderful staff. They are engaging, happy and beyond helpful. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast buffet has choices for everyone. The only negatives I can think of are some of the loud planes flying overhead and that there are no sit down restaurants walking distance from the hotel. However, their shuttle and wonderful shuttle drivers are there to drive you to one of the restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maisiemom
CTmommyConnecticut,
Thank you for your review and return visits with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your business trips, and we're pleased to hear we exceeding your expectations with our helpful staff, comfortable accommodations and value added amenities. We value your feedback and thank you again for sharing. Please plan to visit us again soon. Thank you again.