“Excellent and engaging customer service”

SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #16 of 517 Hotels in Houston
“Excellent and engaging customer service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here on my way to Belize and I must say these folks really understand customer service. From front desk to kitchen and bar. The employees that stood out were Paula from front desk and Rigo the bartender. They are engaged and always smiling. Paula is so welcoming with a great attitude. Rigo is so very engaged and goes out of his way to assure you are happy. They are assets to this hotel. I will for sure recommend staying here. The entire staff was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Mzebonynicoleeee,
We appreciate your review and recommendations of SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We're pleased to have been a part of your travels to Belize, and we're thrilled to know that our staff's excellence in service made for a pleasant experience. I look forward to sharing your compliments with Paula and Rigo. We hope to welcome you back again soon! Thank you once again for your positive review!

Devin Frank, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Summerland Key, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

"Victim of Smash-N-Grab"

This property lacks basic security measure's that are commonplace with any business that deal's with the retail consumer in today's marketplace.

Briefly, I stayed at this property in early April and the passenger side window on my truck was smashed and contents within were taken. This occurred at approximately 2:30 in the afternoon, on a bright & sunny day, and my truck was parked well within eye sight of the front desk. A police report was filed and the "cleanup process" began.

I quickly learned that the property did not have security camera's or security guard's nor did they alert me of any issue's upon check-in. The staff mentioned that other properties in the area had similar incident's, but they had few. I then began to seek compensation from Marriott for my loss. I engaged in this process for over a month and everyone I spoke to along the way stated that "Marriott would take care of me". My appeals went to the highest levels at Marriott and they recently informed me in writing that I would receive nothing from them. Hardly the right thing to do and did I mention that I am Platinum for life in their rewards program.

In summary, I certainly cannot recommend this hotel and this incident certainly cast's a huge cloud over my continued loyalty to Marriott itself.

Thank You.

RMC
Summerland Key, FL.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RMC5216
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for writing. Please be assured that the safety and security of our guests is very important to us and these matters are not taken lightly. We have been in contact with you regarding this issue.

Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the only SpringHill I know of that has a full service bar open late. I have stayed at this property on 3 occasions and never had a bad experience. The hotel is close to many restaurants with in walking distance as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
wjameson1,
We appreciate hearing from you and we're pleased to know you've consistently enjoyed your visits to SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. Please plan to join us again soon! Thank you once again for writing!

Pierz, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at if you combine the kindness of the staff, the cleanliness, and convenience. They simply have the nicest staff you'll ever meet. They are respectful to all of the guests and to each other. People go out of their way to help. The food was also excellent. This is perfect! Thanks!
Frank

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Frank W,
Many thanks for your enthusiastic comments on the excellence in service, cleanliness, and convenience you experienced at SpringHill Suites Intercontinental Airport. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and we're pleased to know that your stay reflects our high quality standards that we consistently strive to deliver. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff and we hope to welcome you back again soon! Thanks again!

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked this hotel based only on the Tripadvisor reviews, and I was not let down. What a great property. Very large comfortable rooms, very clean and with contemporary design. The heated pool is a winner, an early and chilly morning enjoying a soak after a long flight watching the sun rising above the neighboring buildings was a real winner! Breakfast was pretty good. And the team in the reception was very helpful catering to all our requests. This was our first stay at a SpringHill, but not our last!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Arnt78,
Thank you for reflecting on your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We appreciate your compliments regarding our comfortable rooms and helpful team, and we're glad you were able to enjoy a nice soak in our pool after a long flight. We're pleased to have had you as our guest and we look forward to many return visits in the future. Thank you again for your review!

Houston, TX
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for an early flight out of IAH. We were surprised how nice the hotel is for the price category. Everyone we encountered in the staff was extremely friendly, more so than the standard courtesy. The food provided for breakfast was excellent.

On the return back, we called the hotel about the shuttle at midnight, and they were quick to pick us up.

I have stayed at several IAH airports and this one blows all others away. You do have to book in advance as it fills up, a testament to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
roneilltx,
We appreciate you writing a review and thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. I am happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and the friendly service delivered by our staff. We're pleased to have had you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back again soon! Thank you again!

palm springs
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Prompt pick up at IAH, 10 minutes at E Terminal: which is outstanding for a hotel shuttle driver at IAH. Great staff from shuttle van driver to kitchen stockers/cleaners to front desk.
Clean spacious rooms --- only minor issue was that t.v. console so far from couch and/or bedroom, that I was worried about my volume and harder to see from that distance.
Used the outside pool, which was very nice. Only thing is that the lock on the pool was not working, so that was a little disconcerting because anyone from street could use it had that wanted to- but I was only person in it in the morning. Otherwise, a great overall stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Gopack68,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. My apologies for the issue you had with the lock at the pool, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!