“Comfortable, efficient, friendly”

Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor
Ranked #185 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on more occasions than I can remember, usually for one or two nights. Most recently I stayed on two separate occasions in July.

The hotel is comfortable, efficient and clean but perhaps slightly lacking in atmosphere.

Each room I have had has been well-sized and suitably furnished. The decor in the rooms is dark and quite formal which can feel a little heavy but as it is still very new the overall effect is smart and business-like. The beds are comfortable and the wifi works well. I have found the air-con to be on the noisy side and the setting options appear to have been limited. A big plus is that the rooms are well provided with power outlets where a business traveller needs them including beside the bed for charging phone, iPad etc.

The pool feels clean and is pleasant to use. It is not large but does not appear to be heavily used so it is often possible to swim diagonally to get an extra stroke in.

Breakfast is typical for a Holiday Inn and the standard of service has improved noticeably since my previous visit in May: more staff and much more responsive.

I have found the front desk staff to be polite and attentive. The shop, whilst small, has always managed to provide essentials when required.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We only stayed one night on a quick weekend trip but the hotel was very nice, clean, new and comfortable in a nice part of town. We used priceline and got a great deal using the "express deals" tab. It was $47 plus tax for a Saturday night stay. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank denisetraveler
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here over Father's Day weekend (without my family) and wanted to do my usual Father's Day fishing trip. The staff couldn't have been more helpful - they helped me work out the place to go and they organised the Holiday Inn bus to take me there and back via the Academy to get my bait and licence - I had a great time!

The facilities were very good - I used the free wifi and the coffee machine in the room. Very quiet so slept very well.

I've marked them down on location only because of the crazy long term road works nearby which meant that the journey to the office (just over a mile and a half away) took nearly 45 minutes in the morning, and twenty minutes in the evening.

I used the restaurant for my meals and once I figured out the truly enormous servings I managed to find some items on the menu that were more reasonably sized. I've marked down the breakfast - the food was fine, but the service was terrible - one morning they mixed up the orders and after two attempts to get it right I walked out. On the last morning they took over thirty minutes to serve up. Unlike the reception desk, the restaurant staff appear very young and inexperienced.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Nice hotel....only thing to know about this hotel is that there is no complementary breakfast at all. Drive down the street and there is an Einstein's bagel place.

Room Tip: if you want a complementary breakfast, don't stay here.
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Friendly welcoming staff, which is a great bonus if here for business. Great size rooms and they are kept pretty spotless too. Small and fitness room are small but clean. Get yourself a car, otherwise you can feel pretty isolated! Good selection of shops close by (1k)

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Very good quality hotel, I've stayed here a couple times this year and on both occasions I thought it was excellent. I found the check-in staff to be very helpful and cheerful, and the restaurant staff were very warm and welcoming, exactly what you need if you're travelling on business. The hotel room was fully equipped and the air con very effective. The laundry service is good and there are even manual laundry facilities in the hotel if you want to save a lot of money. The food in the restaurant is very good, I ate there a lot and enjoyed it every time. The location of the hotel is ideal for business, just bare in mind that you will need a car if you want to do more than sit in your hotel room. There is a free hotel shuttle service, and the Memorial Mall is within the range of this so you have something to do in the evening at least. The only room for improvement in the hotel are that the restaurant should maybe offer some healthier options, the free coffee in the hotel lobby tastes very wrong, and they might want to consider sound-proofing the rooms a little when they next renovate them because there is quite a lot of sound bleed-through between rooms.

Overally, I would recommend this hotel to anybody travelling on business, or to anybody passing through the area. I will definitely be returning here in the future!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

To quote another reviewer ”This is not a hotel you would stay at while on vacation, only if you have business or other reasons to spend some nights in Houston, or if you are just passing by and needs a place to sleep. You will not get anywhere in Houston without a car........”

Perfectly acceptable – large clean rooms (and far better than a grubby relation nearby I stayed in recently when this was full) but you wouldn’t want to stay here for longer than you had to. The pool was a puddle, the breakfast poor and I would starve before I would eat in the bar at night (there are a few shops and restaurants outside the hotel so there are other options, or if you are stuck there is a microwave in the room). If you're out all day and just want somewhere to shower and sleep, this is very good value.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear HP14,

Thank you for your your stay and leaving us feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W