“Good location good hotel”

Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor
Ranked #192 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Good location, friendly staff, clean. Good parking, several restaurants nearby, but Sporting News Grill has a surprisingly good ribeye steak. Good for business travel. Priority club spin the wheel was fun and clever!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is much better than any other Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. Very high quality rooms and quite large but maybe this size is normal in Texas?
The food in the restaurant was really good for breakfast and dinner.
The bar was also very comfortable and the staff friendly and efficient.
Many of the people staying were like me, on business and alone. One of the things I wish hotels would do is maybe have a pool table or some other bar games to give us something to do in the evenings.
Overall very good but some form of entertainment would have been the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This Holiday Inn is not a bad hotel, but there is nothing great about it. The rooms are big and comfortable but in fact they are identical to what you will find in any hotel in that category.
There are a few minor issues :
- the pillow is way too thick if you sleep on the front like me
- walls are thin: you can hear the guy in the next room on the phone
- the breakfast in either limited (buffet) or expensive (on the menu)
- the restaurant is bad
Considering those issues and the price of this hotel (very expensive : some nights were charged more than $200 !) I will probably choose a cheaper option next time, as I used to do before (for the same quality)
The indoor pool and fitness center, both quite good, do not compensate this disappointing stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear ramdam75,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy our rooms were comfortable for your needs. I apologize though if the soundproofing conditions and breakfast experience were sub par. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you can give us another opportunity in the future to host you again.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Just had my second stay at this hotel. Stayed 3 nights while attending business meetings in the area.

Check in was friendly. The room was large, queen size bed, sofa and a desk. There is a fridge, but no safe. Bathroom was very nice. Complimentary internet. Parking is easy accessible and complimentary.

The staff in the restaurant are very friendly. Breakfast is good, you can order from the menu or there is a buffet.

The only thing to complain about is how thin the walls are. The guy in the room next door had a telephone conversation, and I heard every single word he said. Also, you hear it when people are using the shower or flushing the toilet. The A/C giver some buffer from the sounds, but whenever it is off your hear everything

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Ronald G, Guest Service Representative at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hi Vestfoldgirl,

I'm glad to hear, for the most part, that you enjoyed your stay with us! We love hearing about how friendly are staff is around the property. I apologize for you being able to hear guests in an adjacent room, and it is an issue that we are working on addressing.

In the meantime, if you'd like to call the hotel at 281-679-6900, and ask for Kristen, our Guest Services Manager, we would be happy to give you some IHG Rewards Points for the inconvenience.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again when you're here for business (or pleasure!). Have a great week!

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Perfect location for business
Comfy beds with choice of soft or hard pillows.
Clean ad spacious rooms
Morning buffet average but can order off of menu too
Weight room and pool are on the small side
Staff always helpful and happy
Will stay there again

• Stayed: September 2013
Ronald G, Guest Service Representative at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hi Suzycabo! Thank you so much for staying with us, and pointing out all that is great about our property! I apologize about the size of our weight room and pool, but just to let you know, next time you stay with us, we have an agreement with a local full-service gym right up the road (well within complimentary shuttle boundaries) so when you check in, let the front desk know, and we would be happy to set you up with a pass to that gym if it would make your stay with us even more enjoyable. Thanks again!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I needed a place not too far away from home . . . some place where I could focus, without distractions, and get through the grueling tasks of annual certification classes and exams for various Medicare plans. What a wonderful place to go for good food (the salmon I had for Friday's dinner was excellent, and the next morning's breakfast was also superb), a super, super clean and well-appointed room, and really nice folks who work there. When I ventured out for a break there was a nice, comfortable seating area in the lobby, and the folks at the front desk were friendly and helpful. If have had my share of traveling, sometimes from one place to the next from one day to the next. This is the kind of place I would love to have when I'm away from home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Ronald G, Guest Service Representative at Holiday Inn Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

AHoxie, thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable and friendly stay while you got some important work done. Please come see us again!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Last week, I spent several days at this Holiday Inn location for a training meeting for work. Not only was the room, sports bar and conference facilities great, but the staff was excellent as well. After a late night with the work team, I encountered Lydia at the front desk who offered myself and my group members wake up calls as well as took it upon herself to give us followup calls as well to ensure we didn't miss our meeting! Furthermore, overhearing that I was dealing with a summer cold, she also pointed out the availability of cold medicine at the hotel store. It appears as if she has a heart for hospitality and will go far in this industry!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business