“Great Place”
Review of Straits

Straits
Reserve with OpenTable
Straits is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #707 of 8,176 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Come dine with us at Straits at our new location in Houston!
“Great Place”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very impressed, food was very good, we had the dragon menu and everything was excellent, including the chili lobster. I also recommend the lichi martini!
Our waitress was awesome and even the kitchen manager made sure our experience was excellent.
Will be back soon. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014

Houston, Texas
“Yumsters! Everything was good.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Went here for a friend's birthday. I had a little bit of everything ( one of the nice advantages to working so much is getting to buy whatever I want on the menu).

Had the chicken lollipops and samosas for starters. Both are great. 4 portions each. Had a Caesar salad. Very good, but frustrating that they don't cut up the lettuce leaves at all so you must saw away at them with your butter knife.

Entree was the butter chicken with coconut rice. Yum!!!! My boyfriend had the flank steak something....also very good maybe better than mine. Friend had the pad Thai and it was classic and divine. We shared a couple of desserts, the lava cake and the apple pie thing with ice cream. I recommend both!!

Oh, they have excellent lychee martinis. Definitely should try one.

They bring the food out as it is cooked so items don't arrive all at once but are in sufficiently shirt succession that it isn't a problem.

“Great ginger mojito ”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Great happy hour! When I go, I feel like I'm in California... It has a light beachy vibe. This is a different Asian fusion restaurant and while I think the prices outside happy hour are a little high, this place is really good, and fun with a group of friends to sit outside and enjoy!

Houston, Texas
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The place was in a good location, let me talk about the food first, the menu had some interesting choices, got curious, I ordered the banana blossom salad, that was refreshing, presentation was excellent, I enjoyed that , the satay, both chicken, and beef were yummy. My son had the Singaporean noodles, I like that too. The only one that I did not care for was the mussels, the taste was not fresh, we were given credit since we could not really eat it. The staff paid attention to us, service was great. Our waitress was always around, and as attentive to us.

• Visited January 2014
“Discrimination”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We went to straits for New Years and the bouncer at the door, a very tall Asian man, was profiling and mostly letting Asians in. My fiancée at the time was appropriately dressed, wearing a button down shirt and nice jeans and dress shoes and he claimed he couldn't let him in because he was dressed appropriately. I was very upset but we walked away. As we walked around the back, we noticed a couple of Asians in there wearing hoodies and sneakers! Tell me that isn't discrimination! He didn't want to let him in because he was black!!! It's a shame and breaks my heart at how ignorant some people are.

Visited January 2014