“Don't do it!!!”
Review of Hobby Airport Inn

Hobby Airport Inn
Ranked #449 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I booked with Orbitz. Money taken from my account. Upon arrival, no room. Staff clueless and working with babies beyond counter. People complaining of filth and overflowing toilets. No refunds given. I wait two hours and call Orbitz myself.I leave, exhausted and no where to stay. Try numerous times to get ahold of owner for refund....even by going there. No luck. Orbitz says must have his approval....what???? I make claim with bank. Get provisional credit. Today, my bank reverses the credit and stops my card. Not worth the nightmare. Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2014
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and services, as well as regarding financial issues that you've encountered. This issue is being addressed with our staff and management. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the service that you did not receive regarding the necessity of correcting such issues as quickly as possible. I hope that we will impress you with exemplary service during future visits.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel last night, and let me say that all of the negative reviews are correct. Upon walking into my room, I could easily smell the stench of old marijuana. It seemed to be coming from the bed and bathroom. After inspecting my bed (I found what looked like a small spot of blood, and a few hairs) I tried to take a shower (oh, and the tub dripped my entire stay). Not to my surprise, I found a cockroach crawling out of the seam of the bath tub. There was also mold on the ceiling and weird spots on the tub, After quickly retrieving my clothes and shutting the beat up door, I stepped on what looked like a broken piece of candy with hair on it. After seeing all of this, I decided to inspect everything else closely. I turned on the wall lights and found that all around my bed on the carpet were what looked to be orange vomit stains. It literally looked like they dabbed the spots with a towel then left it like that. After this, I looked up to see yet another cockroach crawling on the ceiling. Luckily there was a handy phone book to kill it.. I eventually forced myself to sleep after this. It was quite difficult with the extremely loud people at the pool blasting music until 1am and being able to hear, very clearly, the tv next door. In the morning I went to grab a little breakfast, but all of the food was depleted. I went to checkout and the lady at the desk looked like she just didn't want to deal with anyone. I asked for a shuttle, and to my luck he was at the hotel within minutes. I didn't appreciate him texting while driving at all, but other than that, the drive was ok. Don't give these people the chance to ruin your stay in Houston. And I for sure will not be giving them a second chance. Trust me, it is not worth the cheap rate. You absolutely get what you pay for here. I know management will just give a cookie cutter response and not actually take into account what happened at my stay, because no one else's reviews has seemed to gotten through to them.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Kate944
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Kate944,

Your comfort and satisfaction is our business. To provide a great lodging experience is what we aim for each guest who visits our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for what happened during your stay. We listen to our customers’ feedback and your input will help in the enhancements and service quality evaluation that we are currently performing. We accept our shortcomings and take necessary steps to address your concerns regarding the cleanliness of our rooms- the beds, bathroom; especially the room smell and roaches, including more variety in breakfast served. Our driver will be also reminded regarding your input on texting while driving. We hope that you’ll give us a chance to correct our deficiencies so we can provide you a much better stay in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

we were concerned about the outside entry rooms but there is a auto dead bolt lock on the door that locks when you shut the door so i felt very comfortable ,the staff was great the new managers were awsome as well they picked us up at the airport and were handling all our luggage for me as i had to infants we truly were happy with the room as well as the staff coudnt ask for a better place for such a great price well worth it ,and not a 5 star but there service is 5 star in my book .

Room Tip: the rooms directly behind there office are very nice and we loved there car and logo i had to take a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

It has been our pleasure serving you during your recent visit. Our management team would like to provide an excellent stay to every guest who visits us. We want you to feel the comfort and satisfaction that our property offers which includes the shuttle service to and from the airport. It has been our aim to deliver superior services that will make your entire stay worth the value you’ve paid for. That is why our efficient staff ensured that you have everything you needed during your stay. We are glad that our property gave you the comfort you’ve expected as well as the feeling of security- since you are traveling with infants. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This place was great. They have very great prices & will even work with you. If you are catching a flight, they are about a mile from Hobby Airport. The staff were great! A lady named Savanna picked us up from the airport & she actually conversed with me. Asked how our trip was. How we were. It was very nice to not have an "awkward" ride to the hotel. She even helped us with our luggage! Once we got there, she checked us in. She met all our accommodations & never once did not smile at us. Then the next morning, she was there again! She must of been tired, bless her heart, but she didn't let that stop her. She was still boosting with energy, smiling & friendly as ever. If any of your other staff is like her, your hotel has got it made! The hotel of course isn't a Holiday Inn or Hampton, but it has a homey feel in the rooms. They are updating a lot of things from what we were told, but we weren't disappointed with anything there. They even had breakfast in the morning which was real convenient being we had an early flight. We really enjoyed our stay & will definitely come back when we're in town to visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky T
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We are proud to know that our staff- Savanna gave you an exceptional lodging experience. It is good to hear that she gave you a warm welcome with her friendliness and efficiency. Your feedback regarding our “homey” accommodations inspires us more and we will surely share these kind thoughts to our staff and team. Marie, thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I and my family stayed here overnight on our way to a cruise out of Galveston. The hotel offered free pickup at the airport when we arrived around 11:30 pm. The staff was nice and it offered free continental breakfast. For the money, this hotel provides a good value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jeff L
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Jeff,

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciated our shuttle service. We pride ourselves in providing quality service and accommodations at a great value so it is so validating to know that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stay for two weeks. The carpet was cleaned. Good housekeeping, Since i had best deal for two weeks, they did twice a week completely housekeeping and daily towels and trash were picked up. They were checking daily needs and were provided daily. Good breakfast. Outside cleaning was great. Good view. Excellent stay with best price!

Room Tip: Back side of the building are very quite.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Nikhil V

Thank you for such a glowing review and for being such a valued guest. We are so glad to know that you appreciated the housekeeping and enjoyed our breakfast. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My kids and I stopped here one night on our way to Florida. I reserved a room via another hotel discount site so we stayed here for a budget price. And even then, it was a total ripoff!

Now let me tell you - I spent four weeks...FOUR WEEKS...traveling across our great country and this was the absolute WORST lodging I stayed in. This was worst than that hostel in West Tennessee in the bad neighborhood and the smelly sheets...worst than the mom-and-pop motel in Arkansas that was under renovations from a flood and still smelled weird. But this place...this place was the first place I EVER felt UNSAFE and DIRTY after staying there.

1st problem - when we checked in, there were two women at the front desk. Neither greeted me - just stared at their computers. "Excuse me?" I said after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence. Once finally looked up and scowled at me, "Yes?" "I'm here to check in?" "Oh." Yup, great customer service, huh? I think their boss needs to disconnect the internet from the front desk computers.

2nd problem - I asked for a non-smoking room when I made the reservations. What I got when we checked in was a room that they said was non-smoking but I'm sure saw the light of a cig just the night before because that whole room STUNK of smoke. It was so bad, I had to ask for a new room for fear of the smell bringing on my asthma and landing me in the ER that night.

Thankfully, the front desk was willing to help me out though there seemed to not be a lot of choices. After two more rooms (both filled with smoke) they finally found me a room. Yah!

Then came Problem #3 - this room had no phone, no security latch, nasty dirty carpet, a dying AC unit that smelled, and a TV so old, someone probably saw Nixon's inauguration on it. After driving all day with two kids and unloading my stuff twice, I was too freaking tired to complain. I just wedged a chair under the door knob and went to bed. Yes...I had to WEDGE a CHAIR under the DOORKNOB to ensure no one would come inside at night. WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?

Why would I do that? Well, let me tell you - while I was unpacking my car, a Houston police car drove slowly through the parking lot and the look on the cop's face as he inspected things made me feel very wary of where I was staying. I've lived in some interesting parts of Southern California but even then, the cops had a decent look on their faces, like "I have control of this place!" This cop looked somewhere between scared and freaked. Creepy!

Problem #4 - The bathroom. Oh god...the bathroom SUCKED. The toilet seat was chipped and wobbling so bad you'd think you were on a rodeo ride. The sink was old and dirty. And the shower was interesting. Though the water heat and pressure was good, the shower was so leaky, it sprayed everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. I got water in my overnight bag that was sitting on the floor beside the door.

My kids slept well that night but I didn't as I was wary of the people that seemed to be constantly walking outside the door, talking, yelling, and making noise. I finally got up early and packed the car before the kids were even up - we were getting the hell out of Houston!

So, then came Problem #5 - their breakfast area was a MESS. Even at 6:30 AM, it looked as though three rock bands had invaded and trashed the place. Cereal was all over the counter and floor, there was a half-eaten pastry sitting on the display case, and there were crumbs everywhere. And the are where the milk was placed smelled BAD. Fearing for my and my kids' gastric health, I grabbed a couple pre-packaged pastries and three bananas and ran for it. The signs say not to take food out of the area but by the looks of the tables, I didn't feel it was safe to eat there either. I tucked the food in my coat pockets and hurried to check out.

And there comes our last problem of the day (Problem #6, if you're counting) - the "wonderful" staff at checkout. I walked up with my kids and was once again ignored. I spoke up - "Excuse me, I'd like to check out." The woman turned away from her computer and stared at me, dumbfounded that I would even THINK about checking out of their hellhole. "Room?" she asked. I told her as I set the key down on the counter in front of her. She clicked her mouse a couple times and then said, "Okay." "Okay what?" I asked, not sure what she meant. "You're checked out." "Can I get a receipt, please?" She sighed a heavy sigh, as if I was asking for her to stand on her head and whistle Dixie, clicked her mouse a couple times and then handed me a piece of paper.

Between the lackluster and disrespectful staff, the nasty and unsafe room, and the health hazard of the breakfast area, I have to tell you not to stay here. Actually, I want to scream at you, "RUN RUN RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!!"

No one should EVER have to stay in that rat's nest of a motel. The city should have closed and condemned that place ages ago. For the love of God, people, please STOP giving these people MONEY!!!! If I could get a hold of the owners, I'd try to get MY money back! But I'm sure I'll never see it again....

Lesson learned....

Room Tip: RUN RUN RUN! For the love of God, please do not stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AnnieDe
HobbyAirportInnMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hobby Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. Currently, the property is under new management, the hotel now is in the process of enhancing our services and improving our accommodations. It is indeed disheartening to hear what happened during your stay. The comments you’ve shared will be guiding us on what we need to attend, to make things much better for our future guests. Your concerns which are security, fresh breakfast choices, clean and comfortable rooms and bathrooms as well as staff demeanor will be always kept in mind to ensure that your satisfaction comes first. We know that the health and welfare of your kids and family are important to you and it also important to us. Your previous experience will be a lesson we can learn from and something that we should be aware of. Please be assured that great changes are coming your way and hope that these will make you feel safe and comfortable should you decide to visit again in the future.