“Secluded location near IAH” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #142 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Madison, Wisconsin
“Secluded location near IAH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

When I do business in Houston, I sometimes spend the last night at a hotel near IAH so it is easy to catch the first flight home the next morning. Previously I stayed at another hotel, but my client's company has a discounted rate at the Fairfield Inn. I always thought that Fairfield was like a Super 8 -- but run by Marriott. I was astonished to find a relatively new hotel with a spacious room and great location. They even had a few hot food items available for guests (complimentary) on the night I was there -- along with free beer and wine for those who were interested.

My GPS unit had trouble finding it. Suggest you check a map; it is easy to find. The location is great ... just off JFK Blvd. near the airport in a quiet, somewhat secluded area.

Perfect place for those wanting something near IAH without lots of traffic.

Only wish their free shuttle to the airport started earlier in the morning so I could take it for my 6:00 am flight.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kaplan, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stayed 2 times here to catch early flight. Nice clean hotel off the main path. Nice out door pool for the kids. Serve drinks and appetizers on weekdays at no charge. Your only 10 minutes from airport from this location. Several restaurants close to location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

This place is hidden but well maintained and staff was friendly and courteous. I was checked in by Kathy that had a pleasant smile the entire time. It is nice to see happy staff at the front counter and I welcome this. Great customer service is always a plus! We stayed overnight as we attended an event at the hotel. Lobby area is nice, fitness room, and cool pool with waterfall effect. However if you do not have a vehicle you will need one as there is nothing in walking distance and this is the only reason it gets an overall 4/5.

Room Tip: Continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30am
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Besides being an excellent hotel all around with really great rates I got service above and beyond.
For the first time in my life I almost missed my flight because I overslept. Luckily I was saved because the shuttle driver Christine has an outstanding knowledge of the layout of the Houston airport and managed to tell me how to use the shortcut to get to the check-in in record time. I had 2 minutes before cut off time, but I made it.
The hotel is very quiet, surrounded by trees, free parking, excellent rates, is fairly new and very well maintained and super clean. The airport shuttle even picks up from the rental return, so you can save money and stress by returning the night before and take the airport shuttle the next day.
Excellent value, very friendly staff- this will be my hotel when I visit Houston
There is a restaurant called Good Eats next door in the Holiday inn, but I was disappointed in the meal. It is pricey for the quality of food you actually get. I would not eat there again and would look for another restaurant

Moorpark, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, mostly for business. The Fairfield team at this hotel is awesome! They always great guests with a smile and jump through hoops to ensure everything is satisfactory. In an industry that seems to have a lot of turnover, this hotel is the exception. I recognize many of the same faces from my first visit three years ago.

This Fairfield offers large, clean rooms with 2 x Flat screen TVs, refrigerators and microwave ovens. Additionally, they provide an ample amount of free food and beverages (breakfast, dinner and happy hour).

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a weak signal from the cell towers. No connection problems on floors three an...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

The hotel is located minutes away from the IAH airport. It is hidden by trees and is not located on the side of one of the busy streets near the airport like the rest of the hotels. The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes from the hotel and the airport.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are new and still taken good care of.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay earlier this month at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We certainly appreciate your feedback and your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip through Houston.

Kind regards,
Chris Gibson
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I was in Houston for a funeral and I booked this hotel, I got in at 10pm so it was a little scary driving from the George Bush Airport, it was 10 mins but I have not been to Houston over 15 years, and this hotel is inside the woods or the jungle, lol. The girls that worked there was very nice, I stayed 2 nights and they were helping me to book another hotel closer to where the funeral was. The room was nice and roomy.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Nick. Thank for your kind remarks regarding your (short) stay in Houston. It's too bad you weren't able to take advantages of more of our amenties we offer. Please make sure to say hi on your next stay with us. I always enjoy meeting our guests and don't forget about our complimentary light dinner Monday - Thursday. Safe travels.

Regards,