“Pleasantly surprised by welcoming room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #137 of 504 Hotels in Houston
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Pleasantly surprised by welcoming room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I haven't stayed at a Fairfield Inn by Marriott in a very long time. But as I am moving my hotel loyalty over from IHG Hotels to Marriott, I anticipate staying in them more often, especially if they are as good as this hotel close to the Houston IAH Airport. This Fairfield Inn is located close to I-8 in a commercial neighborhood about 3 miles from the airport. The grounds are well lit and there is plenty of free parking. I found the lobby to be bright and relaxing with plenty of places to sit and work. The check-in staff were friendly and the process was totally quick. My room was really a good size with a separate seating area and TV. There is a small work desk with good lighting and plenty of power outlets. The free wi-fi worked perfectly and was even fast enough to watch a Netflix movie on my tablet. All in all the room was comfortable and inviting. The bathroom was large and modern and everything worked great.
The hotel offers free breakfast, but my flight was early and I left before breakfast began at 6:30am. The hotel offers a free shuttle as well, but I did not use it.
If I have any complaints about the hotel there are two tiny little things. First, there are no real restaurants close to the hotel. I ordered delivery to my room which worked fine, but the choices are surely limited. And second, for some weird reason I had really horrible cell reception in my room and calls kept dropping. I saw another reviewer complained of this same thing. It was not a big deal. Most importantly, I would stay here again when back in Houston.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Yoyo P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We have taken the liberty of sharing it with our staff. Thank you so much for your business and we are glad to see you have become a loyal Marriott guest. We take pride in what we do! Thank you again for sharing it with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again when you are back in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bhubaneswar, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

just stayed for one night. used the shuttle services for reaching the hotel. It's shared with some other hotel. The bus ran full for the morning service. But the driver was flexible and accommodated me

Room Tip: none that i can talk about
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Yoyo P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for staying at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. We appreciate your feedback and business. We share the airport shuttle with our sister property, TownePlace Suites by Marriott which is located adjacent to the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Thank you and hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Clean, quiet hotel located within a couple of miles from Bush Int. Airport. Rooms were very clean with a polite, friendly staff. Hot breakfast with spacious lobby area. Definitely a return when in North Houston area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I have taken the liberty of sharing it with our team. We appreciae your business and hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

clean, new, quiet
I liked this hotel and I am not usually a fan of fairfield inns.
Great staff, quiet location and a safe place to park the car.
Good breakfast too for free!
I would happily return to this property

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Yoyo P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
THank you so much for the feedback. We are glad to have you stay with us! I have taken the liberty of sharing your precious feedback with our staff. Our location is convenient to the airport and yet secluded from the noise. We are "the best kept secret" in the airport area! Thank you again for your business, we hope to see you again soon.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Drab rooms, poor cell reception in hotel (Sprint), heavy window curtains don't close = street lights shine in room all night (330), shady construction (too easy to hear noises above you), thermostat in my room didn't work, occasional jet flies overhead low and loud. I'd find somewhere else to stay next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Yoyo P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time making us aware te issues that you have encountered during your stay. I apologize for the mechanical issues during your recent stay at our Fairfield Inn & Suites - Houston Intercontinental Airport property. We are located 5 minutes south of the BUSH airport for easy access to the area. We spologize for the poor cell phone signal from Sprint network. We have made necessary adjustments to the room issues as well. Thank you for your feedback so we can make it better for the next guest.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very difficult to locate even using a gps . We finally found it. It's very quiet & secluded from the noise of airport and also Beltway 8. Which is a plus. Only heard one plane during the night & I was already awake . No air traffic interrupted our sleep. A definite bonus.

When we arrived it was late at night & we had a hard time determining the guest office entrance. We drove around the hotel twice before guessing. Correctly it appears . But who wants to guess after driving hours across two or three states? Room is super nice , very clean & well maintained, as is the property .

But don't plan to watch anything other than news or law & order because they do not offer any digital tv such as hgtv or hallmark channel etc . It was a very disappointing moment to realize we couldn't unwind by watching light tv programming . My dad whom I brought to catch a flight used the shuttle service this morning to intercontinental airport which was great . Staff is very nice : courteous & friendly. On another note ; I was disappointed to note a staffer coming on duty at 11pm parking in the handicapped spot next to the door but had nothing indicating handicap and she appeared to be young & healthy. Its always disappointing but unfortunately these days not too uncommon to see others abusing the parking spots & restroom stalls meant for those of us who cannot help our disability and are forced to utilize those accommodations.

Overall this is a great hotel & staff . And I would recommend it for price & value.

Stayed November 2013
Yoyo P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and making us aware of the issues. We are currently working with our service providers to address the TV Channels. We strive to serve our guests with the best of our abilities. We have addressed the parking concern with all of out staff as well. Our friendly staff is here to serve our guests and thank you for the wonderful comments; I will make sure our associates receive proper recognition.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We booked a one night stay here for our early flight out of the airport. Our trip was going to be over a week long, so we decided to use the money we would have paid for parking at the airport to go towards a hotel close by so we could sleep in as late as possible for an early flight.

The hotel is a pretty new budget hotel. It is labeled a category 1 by Marriott. I have stayed in several category 1's in the past and they can be a real nightmare or pleasant surprise. This hotel is the best category 1 I have stayed at. The shuttle was on time in the morning and didn't take long to pick us up from the airport when we called at around 11 p.m. at night. We were able to keep our car parked at the hotel while we were away on our trip.

Sadly, we didnt get to eat the breakfast provided as it is served starting at 6:30 and we had to take the shuttle out at 6 a.m.

The front desk called us at the room shortly after we checked in to make sure everything was good...a nice personal touch.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roneilltx
Yoyo P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time reviewing your stay. We appreciate your feedback and I have taken the liberty of passing on your comment to our great staff as well. We thank you for your business! We hope to see you again.