“Good, but not great!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #83 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Slidell,LA
“Good, but not great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of Marriott hotels. This hotel was nice, but don’t think that you will be staying at a typical lavish downtown Marriott type hotel. This hotel has a very modern design. It is very trendy, but not opulent. The staff was very nice and it was in a good location for my needs (I would not recommend staying here if you wanted to be close to Houston's local attractions). The rooms were nicely sized and well appointed. We had a room with two queens sized beds. Trust me; these were the smallest queen sized beds that I have ever seen. Two people can barely fit in each bed. Besides their size, they weren't very comfortable. Also, it was raining when I arrived. The parking lot was very full, so I had to park on the east side of the hotel. To my surprise, there wasn't any entrance on that side (or it was not clearly marked). Therefore, I got very wet. Besides all of that, it’s still a very nice hotel. But, it is more like a Courtyard rather than a Marriott.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MardiGrasFun
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston for your business needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at the Houston Mariott Energy corridor for one night after stepping off a long haul flight, and I couldn't have hoped for a more comfortable and quiet room.
The bar food was just what I needed after that 10 hour flight.

I have stayed at a few Houston business hotels, and the Energy Corridor will be my hotel of choice for the future.

Room Tip: Rooms of higher levels are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

The Houston Marriott Energy Corridor is a great stay, and I mean great. These 5 stars are well earned. I will only have great things to say about my stay. I came here as a getaway, staycation in my own city, Houston, TX. I actually only live about 8 miles from here but at my house I don't have, a beautiful state of the art workout facility, a relaxing outdoor sitting area including fire pit for night time star gazing, a saltwater pool and a spacious jacuzzi. And that is just the exterior. The interior is beautiful, one of the softest beds and bedding with an abundance of various sized pillows and the rooms are large and spacious, well designed. I think the bedding is Italian Cotton quality, I would love to have this bedding for my own bed, it was that good. The morning front desk staff, Neil and Chris were very helpful at check-in. Neil especially was very helpful with a need that I had, and took care of it without hesitation. Thank you very much Neil. Also the place is only like 3 years old so it is very modern, clean and everything still feels new. This hotel caters to the week day patrons and is very quiet on the weekends, so if you are looking for a nice respite or getaway spot, just to CHILAX, this place will be excellent for that as well. I will definitely be back. By the way, the 4 families I met out at the pool were all from Houston, so it is definitely a great spot for Houstonians to escape to in order to getaway. The only suggestion I would like to offer is to train better the waitstaff in the breakfast room. The service was a little unmotivated but perhaps it was because it was a buffet and a little lack of training or experience. The older woman was very helpful even doing the work of my waitress when she saw a need. but the blonde pony tail waitress from central America could use some training on anticipating the needs of the customer. I do not want her to lose her job, she just needs a little training. For instance, by bringing cream with coffee, Butter & Syrup with pancakes, picking up the dirty dishes on the table) She seemed a little more interested in getting the bill and the tip, I gave her a nice tip the first day, then on day 2, I asked her for chain for a $5. and she said, she didn't have any $1.00, so I insisted since this was a Marriott with lots of ways to get change, she must be able to find a way to get some $1.00. Regardless of this one, perhaps lack of experience situation, I had a great experience and will return for sure. See you again, maybe sooner than later.

Room Tip: East Side gets the early morning sun, the west side gets the sunset, so you decide.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. I have been sure to pass on to the staff your wonderful comments, and assure you we have addressed with Food and Beverage the concern during the Breakfast hours. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston. Please feel free to check out shopmarriott.com for any items you wish to order for your personal home!
Rosenberg, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed here a week. Bedding was good quality. Bath was a little small for a category 3 Marriott. I was disappointed in that. I've also seen larger flat screen TV's in lesser hotels. The restaurant wasn't always open. To access the fitness room, you had to go OUTSIDE. That was a little weird. But it was a GREAT fitness room. I used it every day. Good Precor equipment. The heated outdoor pool looked nice but we didn't use it. They have a pool-side bar and whirlpool also.
My favorite thing about this hotel is the concierge level. If you have the rewards status with Marriott, you get access to the Concierge level which is fantastic. The room is large with several TV's, 2 balconies, lots of room to sit and eat, and a concierge level business center. What I really liked best though was the quality of the food. They serve free hot breakfast which was excellent. Everything you could need. The hors devours hours in the evenings was superb quality and taste and could easily be a light dinner. Then a little later on they serve dessert which was also excellent. Cheesecake, brownie, cream pie, that sort of thing (one per evening). I can't stress enough that the food was top quality. We've been in hotels where you were afraid to eat the food for fear of stomach upset. Not so here! The staff were excellent. Every single person was friendly and attentive. KUDOS for that!
Be aware that this hotel is not close to any major attractions. We were there on a business trip and served our purpose well.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a better room if you can. The regular rooms have SMALL baths. Take advantage of your rewa...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. I have been sure to pass on to the staff your wonderful comments, especially to our Chef about the wonder food in Concierge that you experienced! We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston, and please ask about upgrading to our Deluxe King room!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

This by far has been one of the best hotel stays I have ever had!! The hotel is easy to get to and very clean! The staff was even better! We were treated very kindly even though we bought through groupon. We have been to a hotel before using groupon or living social and when we got there it felt as if we were being treated as step children. Not here at the Marriott Energy Corridor! They were simply amazing!! :-)

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. I have been sure to pass on to the staff your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Appreciate Marriott's attention to detail when it comes to design and decor.
Due to my status we were upgraded to a Deluxe room. Very nice extra large room with a garden tub and two person shower. I like the extra sized hall ways plush carpeting. Our room was very quite and the bed was very comfortable. Marriott a cut above Hilton.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our friendly staff was able to provide you with an upgrade. We appreciate your loyalty, and we hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

Very large room with king bed, sitting area, and desk. Spacious bath with separate shower and to, with double sink arrangement. Conveniently located to shopping and offices on west side of town. Concierge lounge offerings left a little to be desired.

Room Tip: The end corner rooms are extra large!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I have been sure to pass on to the staff your comments and have discussed new ideas with the Chef for the Concierge offerings. We hope you'll be back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.