Houston Marriott Energy Corridor
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$139
US$134
US$287
  • Pool
All reviewsenergy corridorthe concierge loungekaty freewayfire pitfront deskwest sidenice hotelgreat businesslight sleeperstarbucks coffeebreakfast roombusiness travelerconvenient locationupon checkthe general managertop floora great stay
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Not much to say about this one. A simple hotel with good conference facilities, and a good bar downstairs. i stayed here for a week for work, and the large room with fast internet, modern fittings and comfortable bed was appreciated. The shower / bath was a little old fashioned and you had to play a game with the tap to get anything that was not scalding hot or cold, and the water from the tap at the sink was never actually "cold".

Dinner was ok and breakfast was also ok, but my main issue was the temperature. It was maintained at an average of -1.5C inside and I found myself freezing. Seriously I'd hate to think what the air on bill was like, but not everyone wants to live in Siberia. I actually turned off the air on in my room ... I didn't need it.

Very convenient location off the i10 for people working in the area.

I'd probably stay again, but I recommend to the managers that they look at their climate control.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views towards Katy and the city
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very glad to hear you were able to enjoy our Derrick Bar and Food and Beverage team. Please note our A/C systems are actually Energy Saving devices that come on only when they detect someone in the room. Don't hesitate to report any issues to our staff; we will be happy to assist. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently stayed at this lovely hotel. If you are on a business trip it would be great with the swimming pool and hot tub. There are also several areas to meet and greet other people. A fire pit outside with seating was a wonderful place to spend some time.
There is a bar and lounge along with several eating areas. A snack bar is close to the check-in desk in case you just want a snack bar or chips. There is also a very nice fitness center.
The rooms are wonderful with comfortable beds and lush bedding.
This hotel is great if you are going to be in the Katy Freeway area for business or downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah Q
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. We are very glad to hear you were able to enjoy different areas of the hotel and meet new friends. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had the opportunity to stay overnight at this Marriott property and found it to be a well maintained property. It had been a while since I've stayed at a Marriott, but this particular location seemed to be improved from my previous memories of previous stays. The Hotel staff was excellent and very courteous. They also welcomed me and provided a coupon for a bar beverage. As I walked through the property, I noticed how well lit the floors were and the carpet and decor seemed to be a match made in heaven. The room was also very spacious and well maintained. This property receives 5-stars in my opinion.

Room Tip: I believe that all rooms at this property are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. We are very glad to hear you were able to enjoy a refreshing beverage from our Food and Beverage department. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel during the week is eyewateringly expenive however this is to be expected for a premium brand hotel close to many of the major oil companies.

Given the price, and some of the reviews, perhaps my expectations were a little high. However I am not particularly fussy but there was too many annoying issues in this hotel.

First the good:
1. Rooms are clean and internet, although $9.95 per day, was reliable.
2. The beds as always in Marriott are very comofrtable.

The not so good:

1. The hotel was built in 2010 and therefore I was surprised that it was not sound-proofed. The noise from the main Highway although not intolerable was too lound. Combined with the noise from the inroom fridge and, by modern standards, noisy aircon it was not too restful.

2. There is a major car park outside the hotel which is very bright at night. Unfortunately the curtains do not overlap so there is always a gap letting light in. Additionally there is a large space between the bottom of the door and the corridor so more light comes in.

3. The gym and pool area are very small for the size of the hotel.

4. The TV is very small and the bathroom is also very small.

5. I booked on the concierge level with access to the lounge. Surprisingly they charge for all alcholic drinks which seems unusual and very mean.

Overall this is an average business hotel let down by too many annoyances. The nearby Marriott Fairfield Inn will probably be my choice next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I have been sure to pass on your commits to our staff. Please note for future stays we do provide earplugs on the nightstands in all rooms to assist with any outside noise. We are very glad to hear you were able to enjoy our recently upgraded Internet access. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here for two weeks. Service is very good. Breakfast is great value (plenty of choice and healthy). Glenda (serving breakfast) gave a lovely smile every morning! Room is clean and comfortable. Location is good for west area.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our friendly staff made you feel at home. I have made sure to pass on your wonderful feedback to our staff especially our Breakfast crew. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to or through Houston.