“Just like family!”

Ranked #88 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Columbus, Ohio
“Just like family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been on contract in Houston for 1.5 years. While I don't come every week, I come often and I LOVE this hotel. I could not recommend a better hotel for business travelers in the area. There is always someone around saying hello and checking in on you. The bar has live music on Tuesdays...and sometimes Wednesdays. But my best memory was when I flew in to Houston and managed to have my cold go from mild to full blown in a matter of hours. I wanted soup to eat but the kitchen was only serving a tomato bisque, which didn't appeal to my cold. The front desk checked to see if the chef could whip up some chicken noodle soup. Within 20 minutes the chef brought up chicken soup....free of charge. AND Tom at the front desk offered to go to CVS for me. My Houston contract ends today and my favorite employee of them all, Daniel, had the hotel team send a very nice note (personalized for me with mention of my time here and heading back north where I am from) along with a bottle of wine and some dessert! Seriously, you can't go wrong here. Other hotels have a lot to live up to after this place! Thank you for making my time away from home feel like home!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home and were able to assist while you were not feeling well. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to Houston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a room at this location based on recommendations from other peers and the proximity to my customer event. Since there was a convention in town, it was great to find a room at this place... since other properties were full...

It was around 9pm local time of the day I was checking in, when they called and asked if I was going to check in, and I said yes, because I was still with customers and doing business. Well, I had a hunch, so I called later to verify ... they decided to book me at another location without notifying me.

Now, I know this happens sometimes, but the real issue with this is that the front desk manager at the time did not "take ownership of the situation" Making excuses saying circumstances out of her control, basically deflecting the situation. There was no attempt for an apology on the phone, which left me wondering if I was just another number.

Fast forward. I continued to press the issue, and eventually got a room a the hotel.... as a token, they did send a cheese plate and iced water to my room as a token of apology. I appreciate the gesture, but at the time of notification, I felt that I was out on my own...

I am trying to build my loyalty to Marriott... but this is starting off on the wrong foot. Having a choice in the area, I am going to be hesitant.

My recommendation to those of you who book this hotel and other hotels in the area are full, check in early... because if you are arriving late, you could lose your room and be forced to stay another hotel, ones I do not recommend.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the over committed situation and any inconvenience that may have caused. We truly can’t bear to ever have to put a guest in that situation and always try all means available to reach guests ahead of time if the situation is unavoidable. We appreciate your business very much and are very glad we were able to accommodate the reservation on site. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to Houston.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I hadn't heard of this hotel until recently, and I was surprised at how good it was.
Located on the energy corridor, it's well located for work (but far from everything else). They offered a free shuttle to/from the office which was handy.

For a marriott, it was good value for money, and the service from staff was very good. The food was good - although they could do with more veggie options, the quality of the room was very good, and all in all a pleasant stay.

I would certainly recommend it if you work nearby. I didn't have a hire car, but thats okay unless you need to go to the galleria which was about $35USD each way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with our friendly staff, and that you were able to utilize our shuttle. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to Houston.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

located close to some of the most powerful energy companies worldwide, this Energy Corridor hotel is near BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, and Mustang Engineering. and also convenient to visit Katy Mills Outlet Mall,The Houston Museum of Natural Science and Children's Museum of Houston

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you got a chance to explore a lot of the neat things Houston has to offer. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to Houston.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Hotel was nice and quiet. I was there on Christmas evening so there were few guests at the hotel. Room was clean, front desk was helpful and check in was easy. The workout area was clean and very nice; however, most of the TVs on the treadmills were out of service and only one channel worked on the tv on the elliptical machine.
My only issue while I was there was the mechanism to get the water to come out of the showerhead did not function properly, which did not provide a lot of water out of the showerhead. Otherwise, the bathroom was nice and the room was up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KWTX
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home during the Christmas Holiday. I hope we were quickly able to assist with the shower/tub diverter. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to Houston.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. Overall, it was a really nice hotel. Everything was well maintained and seemingly new. The meeting rooms were on the top floor, offering a great view during meal times and breaks. There is also a roofless smoking area offered on this floor which was nice even as a non-smoker to 'step outside'. The staff was friendly and offered suggestions as to where we could go for dinner. I would deffinitely go back if I was in the area again.

Room Tip: I stayed in 513. It was close to the elevator, quiet and very convenient. The concierge floor is o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home and were able to assist with local area/dining information. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to Houston.
Ottignies-Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This is not my first time yet it will certainly not be my last! I come to the area about four times per year for about two weeks every time and each of these look forward to my return. Ok, it may be the fanciest or sophisticated hotel but it is convenient, clean and the food is good while not pricy... But you know why I always come back? It's the people!! They're so nice, service oriented and treat you like you are part of the family! That's what makes this place so special and that's why, I'm sure, you'll enjoy your stay at the Marriott Energy Corridor in Houston, Tx, whether for a short or, even more, for an extended stay!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MMR1957
CatherineWest, Front Office Manager at Houston Marriott Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our hotel and friendly staff made you feel at home. It is truly touching to hear such heartfelt compliments. We look forward to seeing you back the next time you're traveling to Houston.