“Close to rodeo attractions”

Courtyard Houston Medical Center
Ranked #160 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Was here for ranch rodeo. It is a short distance to the arena which is convenient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Very pleased will be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Traveling for business in the middle of the biggest Rodeo down the street. (Unfortunately this rodeo goes on for a month).....not the greatest service...

Had my dry cleaning done and was told that it would be in my room....it wasn't...called down to the desk asked if it was done...they said they would call me back and hung up without saying good by (felt hung up on)...no call back. I called them and then they said it was there and I was supposed to pick it up down there. Why would they not put this in my room?

The breakfast order in the bistro was completely messed up...they asked me two times if I wanted it "to go" or to eat in the dining area....I answered that I was eating there two times....they made it "to go". I also asked for a scamblled egg with three egg whites...and they made it out for three individual breakfasts....kinda weird and inconvenient.

Out on business for a long day...get back, go up to my room on the 7th floor and my key does not work.....go down stairs and they have one person working with many people in line....wait 20 minutes in line to get a new key.

Not impressed.....coming back to Houston in the next 3 months and will not stay here.

Every time I have called the front desk they have been short with me.

My drain was broken in my room and the maid did not do a great job cleaning up the room even though there was a nice tip for her on the counter.....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice spacious rooms. Nice breakfast/ snack area. a little far from the downtown( 15- 20 minute ride). far away from any restaurants and feels like you are away from the city. close to the marriot medical center, but it is a different property.
Had some problems with the shower. But overall it is a good hotel... we were there during the all star weekend and paid a pretty high price...
I would recommend it if you have a car

Reviewed 12 February 2013

unbelievable rate of $69 for the weekend for a very nice room which is spacious and nicely designed . we would definitely return as we make frequent trips to houston. the location if fine for the medical center

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I just came back from a conference at the Texas Medical Center and stayed at this hotel for three nights. I had a great experience. I booked ahead and got a great price for the room (Priceline couldn't beat the price for the area). The room was quite large and clean, and the hotel was very close to everything in the Texas Med Center area and even places like the Galleria and Rice Village were only a short drive. I was very happy with this hotel, and if I return to the area, this would definitely be my first choice.

1  Thank Joshdent
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This place actually beats the Marriott at the Medical Center- of course, you really need a car here. Rooms are kept in decent shape and comfortable. Noise level can be high here from room to room-- I've had issues a few times here. There is one person here, possibly the hotel manager who always seems to be working here. He helps drive the superior service in this hotel.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I've stayed here many times on business and have always found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I love the cafe/Starbucks in this hotel. It makes it very convenient for a quick breakfast and small dinner. There were issues with the business center and I couldn't print anything and if you need something scanned, that can only be done when the manager is working. There is a Fed Ex nearby, but if you need something small done real quick, it would be nice to handle it in the business center. WiFi works fine and the location is great.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business