“Convenient to the medical center”

Courtyard Houston Medical Center
Ranked #78 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I normally stay at the Marriott Huston Medical Center, but wanted to try something different...a hotel with larger rooms. I am a fan of Marriott's Courtyard Hotels. Large, spacious rooms, a great size bathroom with storage...something you don't often find in hotel bathrooms.

Super front desk staff! I am amazed that they were able to greet me by name whenever I walked through the lobby.

My only complaint was the condition of the room. The sofa fabric was worn, a few stains on the carpet made the room appear that it was not well kept.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lachoirboy
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for your time, patience, and feedback. We greatly appreciate your effort of response to help our team at the Courtyard, to make a better experience for our guest. We gladly accept your concerns and comments and are continually working towards to better service our visitors. We are taking in new ideas and factors to fulfill and accommodate our guest needs to the highest standard. Thank you for leaving your comments and concerns as well as staying with us, hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days. The room was very comfy. The hotel as a whole was very nice. Beautiful lobby with a small market to buy snacks and drinks. Very friendly and helpful staff. The 2 people I encountered at the main desk were great. I believe it was a Ms. Rita & (not too sure, but I believe Sierra, sorry to her if that's not correct). The restaurant & bar area was perfect. Most of their staff was wonderful, primarily the morning crew, especially the young gentlemen at breakfast. He was very detailed when it came to helping me get the exact food choice I needed for my doctor's specific diet. Wasn't a huge fan of the shuttle and how that was set up, but since that was the only problem point I could come up with, they are doing quite a fine job there in Houston. Will definitely return my next trip into Houston!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 20_FamilyTraveler_13

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Courtyard Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. Our staff was so pleased to read your comments! We truly strive to make every guest part of our family. We really enjoyed having you folks with us and can't wait to see you again soon. We know you have many hotels to choose from in Houston area, and we are thrilled that you'll be choosing us on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I was in Houston recently for business and stayed at this hotel. Much to my surprise and the online ratings I saw before I booked my reservation, this hotel was outstanding. The decor and the rooms were really off the charts, like it was brand new and the staff & service was excellent. Everyone go out of their way to make you feel at home on your way in or out of the hotel. Ciara, at the front desk, went out her way to help me throughout my stay several times when I needed assistance. I was truly impressed by this hotel and would recommend this property to all of my co-workers, friends & family. Keep doing what you are doing! Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony D

Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor comment regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. The entire staff will be honored to read your review. THANK YOU from ALL OF US!

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time post it. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott brand.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is, of course, what our mother's used to say. And it still rings true, especially if one is suffering from jet lag after a red-eye flight. And getting breakfast at the Courtyard Houston Medical Center hotel is a great deal (1) because it's free and (2) because it's not the usual continental breakfast fare of cold coffee and hot cereal.

The dining room at the Courtyard Houston Medical Center is a beautifully appointed area that is open, light and airy. The place was so nice, I had to ask to make sure; "is this the complimentary breakfast area?" There are all sorts of warm and cold choices, in addition to a chef making omlettes to order as well as waffles with various fresh accompaniments.

This was a real treat. And if one is staying at this property there is a high probability that one has a loved one at a nearby medical facility. So any amount of special pampering is surely appreciated.

Oh and the rooms are the usual great quality provided by Marriott. Can't forget to mention that. The property seems either newly renovated or a newer acquisition. Everything was shiny, new and tidy.

Room Tip: As the name suggests, a great location if you are visiting a loved one in a nearby medical facility.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Hi Porsche_Guy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Houston Medical Center. We certainly appreciate all the kind words and we will make sure to pass on all your sentiments to the rest of the staff. Your reservation was a package rate that included breakfast which normally there is a charge for food and beverage. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back the next time your travels bring you to the Houston area.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I got a good deal on a room here and was very happy with my stay. The rooms are big and clean, the service is wonderful, the pool area has a nice hot tub, and check out is at noon (huge bonus for me)! The location is very close to all the downtown attractions, and parking is free.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gretchen J
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Courtyard Houston Medical Center-Reliant Park with the online community! We are so glad to hear your stay with us was great! Yes, we do believe are location is perfect for any type of travel to the Houston area. We really enjoyed having you here with us and can't wait to see you again!

At Your Service,
Michael R. Giangrosso

Reviewed 29 March 2013

My family and I stayed here one night as a stopover on a Spring Break trip. We chose this location as it is close to some relatives we were visiting. Access to the hotel was easy, parking was no problem. The hotel is in very good shape. The lobby has the standard Courtyard Bistro and is clean and modern. The staff at check-in was friendly and efficient. Our room was modern, spacious and clean. We ordered room service (hamburgers and pizza), and the food was in line with quality one would expect from room service. Room service faster than expected. We did not use the work out room or pool, but both looked to be in good shape. The pool is a bit on the small side and not very scenic as it is next to the parking lot.

Overall this was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2013

Steve,

On behalf of the entire staff and myself (General Manager), we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay over while visiting Houston. We appreciate your comments and this enables us to ensure and provide our guest the outstanding customer service we strive for. We hope to see soon on your next trip to Houston.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights while dealing with some family stuff at MD Anderson hospital. My room was large and clean with the appropriate updates you'd expect from the Marriot family: great mattress, free wi-fi, flat screen TV, excellent shower head, and the usual excess of pillows to choose from.

I had a rental car but there was also a shuttle available to take over to MD Anderson if I needed it...a 5 minute drive away on surface streets. My stay just happened to coincide with Rodeo Houston which sees a massive influx of people to the area, so I was lucky to get a room when I did. Courtyard HMC is walking distance to Reliant Stadium and the Rodeo. It was an unexpected bonus for me and I wandered over to check it out twice while I was there (I can honestly say it was not my first Rodeo).

Every employee I interacted with was warm and genuinely friendly. Not the cold, forced pleasantries you often get at a lot of places. Special shout out to Rita, one of the ladies at the front desk.

Breakfast was okay, but worth the price for convenience and way better than hospital food.

Room Tip: Higher floors can get views of Reliant Stadium.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taken the time to let us know of your recent experience at our hotel. On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service. The next time you travel to Houston please consider staying with us again. As a manager, I like to hear that my staff is providing outstanding quality service. Rita was thrilled when she read your review and she also wants to send out a big "thank you".