“As expected. Easy, clean.”
Review of Airway Inn

Airway Inn
Ranked #393 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I brought 2 kids here for a brief overnight stay for a layover. We needed to be close to the airport and airport transportation was a bonus. Because we arrived so late, we had to cab it over but we did catch the shuttle in the morning.

The room was as expected and the staff was super nice. No problems and had a good overnight rate.

Room Tip: If you need something, call ahead. I requested 2 beds and got what I wanted.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

First off I have to say the front desk staff was super nice. That was about the only plus.

The information on the website is deceiving. I was trying to find a hotel right next to the airport for an early international flight the next day. This being my first time to Houston (and last), I realized it's a 15min ($20) cab ride just to get out of the airport property.

The motel is located next to a shady looking truck stop, and while all truck stops are a bit shady this one made me grab my pepper spray that I was saving for my adventures in Honduras. I actually think I felt safer in Honduras than I did at this place...

Quick note - make sure and grab food at the airport before you get here. I figured I would just walk somewhere and grab food after I stored my bags. My only food choices were delivery from Dominoes or a Chinese Take Out place. Even the Dominoes was worse than usual.

Got to my room to be greeted with a huge red carpet stain, which I optimistically told myself was probably red wine someone spilled in an effort to drink away the sorrows of their stay. Bedding did not feel clean, so I slept fully clothed with a jacket over me and a rolled up shirt as a pillow. The couches were stained. My door did not lock from the inside - when I called to ask for a room move, they told me "It's okay, you're the only one with a key so you don't need the deadbolt..."

I got a couple hours of sleep and bolted as soon as I could. I skipped a shower as I felt I might come out dirtier than I started and headed to the lobby to catch my airport shuttle and some food. The continental breakfast was fine - I opted for a banana and some coffee. And the shuttle driver was courteous. However, as we headed towards the airport I realized there was a Courtyard MUCH closer to the airport, and scolded myself for being so cheap and not staying there. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, close to the staircase in the middle of the "L" shape buildi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I liked how nice the front disk people were. They always responded any requests we had. They were very helpful. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This place is inexpensive (under $50) and close to the airport. Room cleanliness is marginal and the carpet is awful for a fairly new place. There is a 24 hour truck stop/store next door, the lights from which will light up your room like daylight all night. Very marginal breakfast. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was very happy with my stay here. The hotel has been well loved, but was clean and tidy. The Wifi was really good and pretty fast. There's a convenience store right next door, and everything in the room worked. Breakfast, which they do until 10, was plentiful and edible. The staff were friendly and helpful and the bed was very comfortable. The only "bad" thing was that the toilet seat was duct taped together, but I just found that rustic. We will be back.

Room Tip: The second floor is where all the wifi routers are, so if good wifi is important, the second floor i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Red Roof Inn Houston IAH Airport
Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport East
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Bush IAH South
Baymont Inn & Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental

Been to Airway Inn? Share your experiences!