“Business trip”

Ranked #394 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Business trip”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

From check in to check out the front desk staff provided five star customer service. They even gave a few chilly bottles of water upon arrival. The room could've used a good vacuuming, and the breakfast was just "so so"... But for the most part everything was A-OK. Huge comfy bed, fridge, flat screen t.v., and microwave... Check! A very quite location for being so close to the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kemakeem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Business trip and all hotels booked this week, so I had no choice but to stay here. I reserved 2 rooms. Immediately I noticed there was no microwaves or fridges like website. Front desk promised 4 times to deliver but in three days I went without.
A coworker left next day and they refused to refund the charges for an early leave.
The rooms have furniture and two towels. If you are looking for coffee or hair dryer, bring your own. No access to lobby as it is locked 24 hrs a day.
I will never stay here again and suggest you don't either.
How can the customer get what they want when people run their business in this manner?

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Riggerrikk
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I have stayed here many times and have witnessed prostitutes openly staying here and working here, electrical fires, drug dealers coming in and out, and the most horrible service from the family that owns this inn. Its in a very trashy part of town and theres nothing but the airport around it. they charge way to much for the hourly rate and for the nightly rate also. do yourself a big favor and dont even come near here, its not worth the headache.
P.S theres no privacy because the owners are constantly asking personal questions and walk around and stop in front of a room when they hear people inside. I am NOT kidding.

Room Tip: spend an extra buck for for hotel/motel that gives you better service and nicer and newer rooms in a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cherry Valley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I chose this place online for its price and proximity to Hobby airport. I travelled with my niece to visit my sister who was ill. It was a hastily planned trip and we were on a tight budget. When we first got there it was dark so i didnt see the surrounding area. The first room we went into, the television didn't work. The desk clerk immediately moved us to another room. Everything worked fine in this room. It was very clean, which is the most important thing to me. The room had a microwave and small refrigerator, a table and 2 chairs and 2 queen beds. I thought the beds were very comfortable and the pillows were fine. The air conditioner worked fine, and we were there in 100 degree weather! I did notice that it wasnt in the best part of town, but I never felt threatened or scared the whole week we were there. We never had the breakfast so I cant comment on that. The manager and staff were very nice and friendly. There's only one way in and out so the staff can see anyone coming and going at any time. The room did smell like cigarettes but it was a smoking room, so that didn't surprise me, as I am a smoker. But it didnt smell musty to me. The bathoom was very clean and there was plenty of hot water for showers.
So if your looking for a clean place to stay, for a reasonable price, this place will fit the bill.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank luvstotravel57
New Orleans
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Even though I booked the hotel through Southwest, the hotel still charged my credit card. I pointed out that I had prepaid when I checked in, and they said no problem, I wouldn't be charged. I called the hotel and the proprietor was rude about it and did not refund the money so I had to file a dispute.

Room was a step above ewww with a musty smell. Internet requires that you get an ethernet cable from the front desk if you didn't bring your own.

The prices are low, and no wonder given the poor service and lack of amenities.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business