“I trusted this HIE with my parents and was not disappointed!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston NW-Beltway 8-West Road
Ranked #112 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“I trusted this HIE with my parents and was not disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

My parents made their first trip to Houston in several years. My mom uses a cane and has trouble with stairs due to hip and knee issues so staying at my house, where all the bedrooms are up stairs, is not optimum. I checked the price at HIE and it was reasonable. This HIE has been in the neighborhood about a year so I figured it would be state-of-the-art, and it is. But, better than that, the people are top-notch. From the front desk to housekeeping to the dining room staff and even the maintenance staff, they were very attentive to my parents needs. Also, they always recognized me and greeted me heartily when I came and went during the time Mom and Dad were there. I will definitely use them again and recommend them to my family, friends friends and neighbors.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Phil H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston NW-Beltway 8-West Road, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Hello,

I would like to thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and team.

We are glad that everything turned out well and we hope to you and your family back with us soon.

Regards,

Phil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Shreveport, la
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was visiting with family(in-laws) for a reunion just 1 1/2 miles away. My wife and I, along with our daughter, and my brother-in-law and wife resided in this hotel for the final weekend of June 2013.
Everything was NICE.....the service, the rooms, the food(grill), and the ambience. The 'attendees', Lillian and Carlos, were most gracious and accommodating to all of our needs. i plan to stay again later this summer and would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and associates.

Room Tip: choose corner rooms with good view(s)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RSL352
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had an issue come up at our home that prevented us from sleeping there one night and it was too late to call friends/family, so we ended up at the HIE because it is very close to my mom's house. I made our reservations online at 11:00 p.m. using my corporate code for the night and we were at the hotel to check in less than an hour later.

Being a Friday night, the hotel was fairly empty, which was nice. Check in went as smoothly as could be expected since we had just made the reservation online a little bit before we arrived. The gentleman working gave me my Priority Club goody bag, which was appreciated by my son.

The room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. There are a couple of 24 hour fast food restaurants nearby which made my husband happy since he was feeling a bit hungry.

Breakfast was good and my son loved the pancakes. Because the hotel was fairly empty, there were plenty of places to sit in the dining room and no wait for anything. We had somewhere to be early the next morning so we were back on the road almost immediately after breakfast and didn't spend much time in the room except to sleep and shower.

I know my parents have put relatives up in this hotel on many occasions and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we ever needed a place to stay close to home. The great price ($75 after my corporate discount) and availability on a Friday night was much appreciated by this family in need of a bed to sleep in!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jensspark
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I travel to Houston every other week for business. Since this city is booming, I'm finding it very tough to find hotel rooms at a reasonable price. I don't normally stay at HI properties, because it's so hit or miss. This HIE just happened to be available at a reasonable price, relatively speaking. It's a decent location on Beltway 8. I drove all over Houston with no access issues. This HIE is soo nice. The entry, lobby, & breakfast areas are all new, sleek and modern. The rooms smell clean, beds are comfortable, lots of outlets. My only wish is for a full size hair dryer. Beds were comfortable, fitness room was decent, breakfast was good - loved the cinnamon rolls. Staff was always friendly. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank laketravishill
Doniphan, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed here because it's just a few miles from the Motorsports Park & we got a very inexpensive rate compliments of them. The hotel is very clean & comfortable. The TV, bed, furnishings all were very updated & new looking. The bed is extremely cozy.
We were given breakfast coupons as well. We were pleasantly surprised. They even had omelets made-to-order, which I love. We ate dinner at the restaurant the night before & got a discount for that meal as well. All in all, we saved a lot of money on the entire stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank junipurrwind
Palestine, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

This hotel is in an odd spot but don't let that fool you. A quick hop on Beltway 8 and you can be anywhere in the Northwest side of Houston in minutes. Service has been good and I've always gotten a good rate around $120.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank W5PFG
Humble, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

The hotel is just off the beaten path but still convenient to Beltway 8 on the west side of Houston. It seemed a lttle expensive compared to other HI properties i have been to, but was indeed a very new feeling and clean hotel.
I did notice that of all of the hotels i have stayed at - this was the first one that did not offer a bible in the night stand. Thats a little disconcerting to me.

Room Tip: in my experience - the rroms on the first floor (left side of the building near the business center...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business