“Great food”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Description: The Burger Palace offers delicious, gourmet burgers of all varieties in Houston, Texas. Come try our incredible Akaushi Kobe beef burger!
monein
“Great food”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal here . The Texas burger was delicious as were the Parmesan rosemary fries. The chicken sandwich was good but not as good as the Kobe beef burger. They have an excellent selection of beers too. The staff were friendly and helpful. I can't fault the place. Worth a trip

Visited November 2013
Mei T, Owner at The Burger Palace, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Delicious food, a stellar beer list and service with a smile—we pulled off the hat trick! Thanks for the five star recommendation,
Rosie62Monein. You can count on a great experience every time you dine with us. Join us again soon for more of what you loved!

Houston
“GREAT HAMBURGER”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

First time I went here, I loved the Texas Burger, very delicious, took my wife a week later, and she loved it!! Service is not necessarily the fastest, and that's ok too. They have a good bar selection of beers....you'll not be disappointed.

At first, when you see the prices, you might say; WOW, ~$10, for a burger, but believe me, when you finally get your burger, it looks very-very delectable, and when you bite into it, you'll forget the price of the burger. The burger almost melts in your mouth, so tasty.

Seating is a bit snug, ambiance is cheerful, parking is ok.

We went on November 7th, and we'll return soon....

• Visited November 2013
Mei T, Owner at The Burger Palace, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Steve-DogerBlue, it's wonderful to hear that you've been a fan of our gourmet burgers since your very first bite. We appreciate the glowing five-star recommendation. It sounds like we have some room to improve with our service, though; thanks for letting us know we're a bit slow. We'll make sure we're more attentive in the future! If you have any other thoughts to share, don't hesitate to reach out.

Join us again soon,

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“Overrated”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Given the 26th rating for all of Houston I was expecting more. The place is small, and just like other reviews noted we waited at the front door for service for at least 2 minutes. We finally seated ourselves. I had the bacon blue cheese burger which was good but... didn't wow me. It was no better than fridays or ruby Tuesday. Sorry but not impresseed. At all.

1 Thank MrsAType
Mei T, Owner at The Burger Palace, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
MrsAType, it's unfortunate that we missed a chance to show you what the fuss is all about. I'm sorry we kept you waiting for your seat; that's certainly not the right way to start things off. I hope our service was friendly and attentive for the rest of your meal. As for our burgers, we differentiate ourselves from other restaurants by using only Akaushi beef (American Kobe), which is always juicy, tender and full of flavor. We'd love another chance to put our best foot forward and truly "wow" you. Keep us in mind next time you're craving a burger.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Superior burgers!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This place is at the extreme end of a shopping center strip in the Galleria area of Houston. You'll miss it if you aren't looking for it. I was searching on foot for a place to eat one night and noticed the nondescript "Burger Palace" marquee. It looks like just a typical hamburger place - from the outside. I was treated to the best burger I have ever had, paired with a eastern European pilsner and perfectly crisped french fries in a cone-shaped basket. This has become a place I always visit on trips to Houston now. My last visit was Oct. 7, 2013 and I had another wonderful conversation with the owner. I have always had great service, wonderful beverage selections (their wine selection rivals most fine restaurants), and burgers to die for. I especially recommend the Texas burger with jalapeno slices. Make use of the steak knife - the only way to eat these burgers without making a mess is to cut them in half.

• Visited October 2013
Mei T, Owner at The Burger Palace, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thanks for the glowing review, climaction! Delighting our guests with delicious food and warm service is always our goal, and it's great to hear we're right on point. I appreciate the 5 stars and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town. We've got a Texas Burger with your name on it!

West Jordan, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT service and amazing burgers”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is a little pricey as far as burgers go, but the quality pretty much makes up for it. I tried both the Kobe beef and chicken burgers on separate nights and loved them both. If you are a beer drinker, they have a huge selection of bottled beers from around the world.

Visited October 2013
Mei T, Owner at The Burger Palace, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
swhaze, quality is key for us, so it's great to hear our American Kobe burgers did not disappoint! We're not cooking cheap, tasteless burgers—just the best in town. Thanks for the glowing recommendation and please join us again next time you're in Houston!