“I love this hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Laconia, United States
“I love this hotel”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Embasssy Suites is my hotel of choice when working in Downtown Houston. The rooms are clean and modern, the staff is friendly and the hotel is located right beside Discovery Green. I especially appreciate the fact that the hotel is smaller than other nearby choices and offers a more personalized service.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Three friends and I shared a room while attending a recent convention. While we had plenty of space to spread out, the doors (frosted glass in wood(?) frames) were not good at muffling noise from one room to the other. Also, I have stayed at other Embassy Suites where the rooms were NOT in a "line" and that also helped with the noise factor.

I gave Service a 4 because we were short on towels several days and also ran out of tissues. The valet got us a "cab" from the hotel to the airport and I think we were "upgraded" to a town car, which we didn't realize til we were already in with our luggage and ready to go. Hmmm...not so honest, IMO.

The Sleep Quality also got a 4 because the the noise issue mentioned above and I also found the beds a bit hard for my taste. I guess it's becoming more common, but there was no blanket only a comforter and sheet. I miss being able to throw off the comforter and use the sheet and blanket when I get too warm during the night, which always seems to happen in a closed hotel environment.

Breakfast & Value -- a solid 5 because the breakfast was pretty much whatever we wanted and the evening reception was generous (though the same every day), especially with the drinks.

New York
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. Great staff, great breakfast, generous happy hour! The rooms were more than adequate and we had three adults sharing the room. It is right across the street from the Convention Center.

Ogdensburg, New York
Reviewed 15 January 2014

What a wonderful stay at the Embassy Suites Downtown Houston, Texas. Even though we frequent Embassy Suites and Hilton properties on most of our travels, this particular Embassy Suite really outdid the others. The suites were immaculate and roomy with nice views. All the staff from the room attendants, valet service, desk agents and guest relations, did an awesome job and were super friendly and helpful.
Special Mention: To Jean Paul who was the Desk manager during our stay. He went above and beyond to assist us with all our needs. He is one of the Best desk managers we have encountered in our travels. And thanks JP for the tip about the best BBQ restaurant...it was yummy! All the best to you. (from the Thompson/Frey families)

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and the room and location was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
El Paso, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Wonderful hotel to stay at. Friendly staff, beautiful rooms, very clean & modern. Complementary breakfast was wonderful, evening happy hour was yummy. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the downtown Houston area.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

10 stars for this hotel and their staff who go above and beyond for their guests. I was ill and the head of housekeeping personally brought me a tray of tea and crackers and pepto bismol to help me feel better. Because of that, I was able to enjoy a special event that I had earned that otherwise I would have missed. What a sweet and caring staff they have. I would definitely and highly recommend this hotel.

Clermont, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My room was fantastic, comfortable bed, plenty of room and super amenities. Would definitely stay here again if given the need. I didn't choose this hotel originally, but the other convention hotel was booked. So glad I was able to stay at this Embassy Suites!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
The Lancaster
The Whitehall Houston
#5 of 508 in Houston
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Four Seasons Hotel Houston

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown
Address: 1515 Dallas St, Houston, TX 77010-7137
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston > Downtown
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Business Hotel in Houston
#3 Green Hotel in Houston
#6 Romantic Hotel in Houston
#7 Family Hotel in Houston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown 3.5*
We're an all-suite, urban high-rise hotel overlooking Discovery Green and adjacent to the Houston Rockets' Toyota Center. The hotel is conveniently just steps away from the George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston Astros’ Minute Maid Park and the Houston Pavilions shopping and entertainment complex.We offer free cooked-to-order breakfast, free WiFi and free evening cocktails at our nightly reception with your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Houston Downtown Hotel Houston