“25th Anniversary @ Eddie V”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 8,277 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Prime Seafood. The Gulf Coast menu features fresh seafood selections including oysters, gulf snapper (when in season), fresh tuna, lobster, plus prime steaks and chops. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried cold water baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. Visit our fabulous V Lounge where you can enjoy live music and happy hour seven nights a week. We offer indoor and outdoor private dining rooms for all your corporate and social gatherings. Our Award Winning wine list features over 150 selections.
Marksville, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“25th Anniversary @ Eddie V”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Last night my wife and I celebrated 25 yrs of matrimony at Eddie V's. We had a wonderful time. The restaurant had made arrangements to recognize our special night by arranging flower petals in the shape of a heart on the table. The meal was great but the service was better. When you go, ask for Roberto. He was very professional and courteous. The evening flowed with his expert supervision. His disciption of the meals made us change our mind on what we thought we wanted to eat and his recommendations were "spot-on". The entire meal was good but the crab fried rice is a must.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lucy C

• Korean first
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Excellent but not quite as good I'd hoped”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Does that title makes sense? Excellent but not as good as I'd hoped. Well yes the service and decor is great, the seafood was great but the steaks were not as good as the top level steak restaurants in town. Enjoyed the evening though.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Doug G
New Jersey
“They Had Me at "V" (for Valet)”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very nice restaurant located on the second floor of the building. Note that the parking there is tight unless you use the deck so take advantage of the complimentary valet. Just remember to get your ticket validated before you leave. It was a nice, low humidity night so I asked to dine outside. The view isn't the greatest so let the weather guide your decision.

I was started off with a nice, small loaf of sliced bread. My meal included Caesar salad ($9), grouper ($30), sauté spinach ($6 small) and bananas Foster ($11). The Caesar salad was average, the grouper very good but a bit undersized, spinach was very good and not over cooked, and the dessert was excellent.

• Visited March 2014
Tomball, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steak and Bake”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Can't say enough good about Eddie V's except I have always wondered what the "V's" stands for. Everything from the atmosphere, bar experience (with music of course), drinks, food variety and dessert options deserves my best review. These guys can hang with the top tier steak houses anywhere in my opinion. Keep up the good work Eddie .

• Visited December 2013
Spain
“Delicious food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This past weekend, I visited this Eddie V's in Houston with my husband and other family. The hostess who greeted us was very nice and friendly. She even double checked that we were happy with the table that was chosen for us. We ordered some appetizers. We ordered the calamari and half dozen oysters from the northeast. I enjoyed the way that they prepared the calamari because it has an exciting, Asian-based flavor. The oysters took a lot longer to come out, so we were wondering what happened with them. However, it arrived and was very fresh.

All 4 of us tried different dishes for the entree: red fish, sea bass, flounder and I ordered the surf and turf. I really can't say much for the other three, except that they also enjoyed them. I was too busy enjoying my surf and turf which contained filet mignon cooked medium rare and lobsters knuckles. The steak was just the way I wanted it to be and the lobster was a better alternative for the "surf" than the usual shrimp in other restaurants' "surf and turf". The manager came out to make sure we were all doing well later on.

Overall, a very enjoyable experience if you're up for a restaurant that is upscale and with good food to match.

• Visited May 2014