“Excellent Service & Presentation”

Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase
Ranked #217 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Houston Westchase for 6 nights in early January for business. The hotel is brand new, so very clean, bright and to the new brand standards. They have a single restaurant off the main lobby (The Sporting News Grill) which I only used for breakfast (it was fine and reasonably-priced). The pool is nice and there is a great southern-exposure patio off the pool area with chairs and loungers if you need to soak in some sun (it is a bit noisy from the roadways that are near, but once my headphones were in I didn't notice the cars any more). The fitness facilities are new and the cardio machines each have their own TV screens.

My room was clean and well-appointed. Nice desk area, king size bed, flat-screen LCD TV with 50+ channels. There was a nice lounger with a side table I could use to eat a meal or do work while watching TV as well. The bathroom is nice, but a couple of comments: (1) there was only a large stand-up shower provided (no bathtub). I'm used to this in Europe for any non-suite in a new hotel, but it's a little odd to see in N.America, especially the USA. If you need a tub - be sure to clarify with the front desk before you get your room assignment. This certainly wasn't a deal-breaker for me, but it might be for some. (2) There was no soap dish for the vanity/sink area in the bathroom. Every day I opened a new soap package and used the wrapper as a "dish", only to have housekeeping take it away. If there isn't going to be a soap dish, then provide some sort of soap pump so that I can wash my hands properly without have to waste a whole bar of soap every day.

Overall, the rooms were quiet. But the A/C system does have a loud click when it turns on, which may disturb some people, I alternated between keeping the fan on the whole night, and putting it on Auto (where it would turn on and off). I found it was too loud to have on all night, and the on/off noises only bothered me on the weekend when I was trying to sleep-in an extra hour or two. I would've like to have an extra blanket provided in the room, I know Houston is hot, but it did get cool at night, and if the A/C kicked in (for humidity reduction), I did need an extra blanket.

Overall, a very good hotel, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kreeny80
charliemadden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Your feedback is very valuable to us in our effort to improve. Your comments about the soap dish are very insightful and we will start working on a solution. We look forward to serving you during your next visit.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I am always reluctant to stay at Holiday Inns, as they are very inconsistent across the USA. This hotel was excellent. The beds were very comfortable, the room was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly. I have stayed at most hotels around this area including the Hilton and the Marriott, I would highly recommend this hotel over both of them.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CCNE
charliemadden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate that you gave the Holiday Inn a try and that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

This is a New Holidy Inn and it is great!! The rooms are better looking then most Hiltons for a much better price. room was spotless and always greeted by a smile. The sports grill in the lobby had a great breakfast. Enjoyes the free drink when I checked in! Would stay here for a biz trip or family.

Room Tip: The King suite is worth the price!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Jesse J
charliemadden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Westchase and for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This place is new, so no complaints with the rooms, etc.

The service from the hotel staff was outstanding!

Very enjoyable stay....

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank SkiBumGrownUp
charliemadden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you. We have been open seven months and are just setting our stride.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Houston Westchase!

Reviewed 3 November 2011

This Holiday Inn is aesthetically very pleasing with a beautiful lobby and well done rooms that are quite comfortable. However, the main reason that I stay at this hotel versus others in the area is the staff. They offer superior service with a smile and seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

We do enjoy working here and we love our guests.
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Looking for an alternative to pricey Hilton in Westchase and found this Holiday Inn -- Good value; nice and clean rooms; good size safe box to fit my PC in when I was out for the evening; bathroom is nice with good plumbing and nice shower head (sounds strange I know but you know what I mean if you've been in old hotels with old bathrooms); front desk staff very nice and efficient; good and well lit parking; good bed with both soft and hard pillows which are tagged so you can make your choice easily; got a choice of beverages and chips at check in; USA Today in the mornings; free internet with easy sign in - definitely will stay here on my next biz trip to Houston in the Westchase area

Room Tip: My room faced Sam Houston highway but I didn't notice traffic noise; also the parking lot was on...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you and we look forward to serving you during your next stay with

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Conveniently situated on the west side of town, it is easy to get around (albeit on toll roads). This is a fairly new hotel, and is very nicely done. Spacious rooms with a desk and a sitting area, lovely bathroom, mini-fridge, free wi-fi (could use a bit stronger signal, tho). There is a sports bar in the hotel that is particularly nice for the lone business traveler-lots of tv screens and pretty good food.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for choosing to stay with us!
We are working to improve the internet strength.