“Ok but a lot of little things not OK”

Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase
Ranked #192 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This is a comfortable business hotel, but there were enough little things that were wrong during the week that I would think twice before recommending. The wifi was very inconsistent and many nights I was very frustrated trying to get on-line. Also the cable TV was out of order for three nights. In addition, the swimming pool was closed for maintenance the entire week, annoying as that was one of the main reasons i picked the hotel. The food was very mediocre at the hotel Sporting News restaurant. In addition the shower leaked in the bathroom and flooded the floor each morning, it took me a few days to figure out you have to stuff a towel into the door crack to prevent this.

To be fair the room was clean and comfortable with a decent bed, and the desk staff are friendly - that is about all the good I can say. Also note that if you don't have a rental car, its an expensive taxi trip from either airport and there are only two restaurants within walking distance (Cheddars and Red Robin), so if don't have business in the immediate area, you might look elsewhere.

Lastly, I had asked the hotel to call me a taxi to get me to the airport. A limousine showed up, and when I told them I wanted a taxi they insisted it would be the same price. The limo turned out to be $15 more ($95 vs $80 for a taxi right from the airport, and I left on a Sunday with no traffic so the trip was even shorter).

Any hotel can have something go wrong, but this property seems to be weak on the little details that make a place worth returning to.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank photoguyZurich
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel, and your suggestions on how we can make ourselves better. I wanted to let you know that I am in the process of sharing your comments with our Staff and making every effort to improve so that other Guests are not experiencing the same inconveniences that you did during your recent stay. I sincerely hope you come back again and give us the opportunity to show you just how exceptional we can be.

Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

My Girls and I stayed at this hotel for NYE. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very helpful and friendly... We loved our room && I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MissDawnRee
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I was in a business trip and we choose this hotel because is close to the office (sales office).
For my surprise the Hotel is very good, clean with a excelent bed and bathroom.
The only thing not so good is the deliveries I was waiting from Amazon.com. I missed one delivery - due to Amazon - but the concierge was not excited about checking if something arrived for me.
Anyways it was October, Houston was hot, wonderful weather and I could easily move to the Memorial Mall and Fry's and Town & Country Center.
We had very good dinning during three days.
I would repeat my staying there.

Room Tip: Check if your courtines really leave your room dark - I mean if they close properly.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Fisrt I'll cut to the chase. This is a very good business hotel for a few nights stay and I would recommend it.
We moved our company office to the Westchase area and I visted for the first time last week and was based in this hotel. The staff were friendly and welcoming and as a Priority Club member I recieved a bag of goodies at check in including a bottle of water, wine and snacks. The hotel is nicely appointed with modern feel (almost like a boutique hotel in parts) and kept is clean and tidy at all times. The rooms were large and included all the amenities you needed including coffee maker, microwave, fridge, wireless internet etc. and the beds are so comfortable with a choice of pillows.
A couple of downsides for me were the food quality in the Sports Bar & Grill. The breakfast and evening menu's offered a reasonbable choice but the food quality was a bit hit and miss. According to the staff I spoke to this depends on which chef is on duty. This didnt really impact me because we ate out most nights anyway. The second is the gym and pool facility. The pool is too small to swim and the gym had only the very basic equipment.
I stayed over the weekend because fo my travel arrangements and the hotel was dead with only a handful of guests. Aparently their weekend rates are high in comparison to other local hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for our shortcomings, and rest assured we are taking your comments to heart. I hope that you will stay with us again soon as we are constantly striving to improve our hotel and services.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

"Late entry review"
My first visit to Texas: I stayed April 6-9, 2012, while visiting a friend. This is a beautiful hotel.
Friendly staff. Simply love Holiday Inn's "New look", the most comfy bed! Everything was nice clean! All appliances worked great. No complaints.
I liked that they had a Cheddar's right next door. My first time at a Cheddar's as well.
I would stay here again, on my next visit. I had experienced a great stay In Holiday Inn Jacksonville, FL March 2012. Loved it there too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. I will also pass along your kind comments regarding Cheddars to their Ownership. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Our children and myself accompanied my husband on a week-long business trip to Houston in mid-July. This is by far the best Holiday Inn that we've ever experienced. It was very clean and the staff (especially the morning restaurant staff) were top notch. We ate breakfast daily and it was always great. Kids eat meals free, so that was a nice bonus. It is an excellent hotel for families and would also be great for an extended stay arrangement as well as the routine business traveler.
Our only two concerns were the only dinner we ate there wasn't great and the service not nearly as good as the morning. The evening dinner took 2 hours due to very slow service and my dinner was served raw and had to be redone. Neither my husband nor I were impressed with our dishes anyway. Our other concern was with the pool. They have a nice pool/fitness area and even have pool toys. The problem is that the water was very cold and cloudy, so our kids were very disappointed and only ended up swimming once.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel! I am so sorry that you had some issues during your stay, but rest assured they are being addressed with our dedicated staff.

We sincerely hope to see you again in the future, and thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

This was my first stay at a new Holiday Inn in years. This compares very nicely with any upper tier business travel hotel. They have quality decor and furnishings, it's very well maintained, and has an acceptable restaurant. The location has pretty good access off the frontage road, but there's only a Cheddar's adjacent to walk to.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Kerri A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel-Houston Westchase, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you again soon!