I only stayed here one night, but my impression of the hotel was generally a good one. The front desk staff was pleasant and efficient at check-in. One relatively minor problem for me was when I asked to be moved to a room farther away from the elevators, the clerk said the hotel was fully booked (implying there were no other rooms available). However, there were several people in line behind me, so I'm not sure why he couldn't have swapped my room for one of theirs. I left the HVAC fan on all night and had no problems with hallway noise.
The sleeping rooms were nicely appointed with what seemed to be new furnishings, including a minifridge with a freezer, and a small microwave. I didn't much care for the mini-ironing board, and had to fix it (it collapsed because the latching mechanism was misplaced). I would have liked to have more electrical outlets in the bedroom, although the cord on the iron was long enough to make due. I never was able to figure out how to get hot water out of the sink faucet, and never did. The shower was fine.
This is apparently another hotel which does not leave the receipt under the door during the night before checkout, so I had to go to the front desk in the morning to check out - not convenient for me.
I had room service for dinner, and, although I was hungry, the food was pretty mediocre (pulled pork sandwich and tortilla soup). I didn't finish eating it.
Kudos to the hotel manager for stepping up to the plate when our meeting groups' lunch order was misdelivered to the wrong hotel. The manager ordered us better food from a different place at the same price, sent hotel staff to get it, and personally came and apologized to our group. Classy.
This review probably sounds a bit negative (or picky), but I would have no problem returning here if I need a short stay at a hotel reasonably close to Houston's Hobby Airport. It's a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Four Points Sheraton is minutes away from Houston's Hobby Airport. In addition to comfortable hotel rooms and suites, this location also has flexible meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport Hotel Houston
- 4 Points By Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport