“Not for light sleepers”

Ranked #212 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Fort Wayne, IN
“Not for light sleepers”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were kept up by the TV in the room next to us. At 5:30 the next morning, that same TV woke us up WAY before we planned to get up. Try to get a room with no one on either side!

Breakfast was so-so. Nothing special.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
DaLana D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Good Afternoon Likes2Fly,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay on TripAdvisor. Your comments and concerns mean a great deal to my staff and I as we take guest satisfaction very seriously. I am pleased to know your overall stay was pleasant but want to apologize for the inconvenience with television next door. Thanks again for lodging with us and we hope you and yours have a Happy New Year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2013

For an airport hotel this is a good choice. The hotel feels new, with simple, modern-ish furnishings, nothing fancy or exciting but it does the trick. I had some service issues when I checked in, since I am a Platinum SPG member and the clerk did not offer me any of my Platinum amenities (I even asked for them and she said they didn't exist; this was corrected later by a manager who was on top of things). I asked for an upgrade and received a suite with high ceilings (bonus!) on the first floor (not so bonus as the windows could be seen in from the parking lot). But overall I found the facility decent and superior to things like Hampton Inn, etc, which I think are its competitors. Once they get the service for SPG members up to par here it will be a very good option.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
DaLana D, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Veronica S,

First, I would like to thank you for the loyalty to the brand as you are an SPG Platinum member. Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent experience with us as guest satisfaction is my Top Priority and I have reviewed your comments not only with the mentioned staff member but all front desk agents as well. I hope your overall stay was pleasant and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holiday's from the Four Points Hobby Airport team!
Otsego, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while on a business trip to Houston. The hotel is very near the airport, which was a plus for me since I got to the area late and had to take an early flight out after my business was concluded.

The room was spacious for one person (I had a King room). It was very clean and well maintained. The bedding was comfortable as was the bedding. I appreciated the many lights in the room (I tried an Element hotel last hotel stay and the lighting drove me crazy! -- this was so much better).

There was a desk, a microwave and a fridge. It was all utilitarian. I did not try any of the services of the hotel, but the restaurant and bar looked pretty nice. The lobby was clean and decorated for Christmas. I would definitely stay here again if I come into Hobby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
DaLana D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear MNelson,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent experience at our Four Points by Sheraton Hobby Airport. Your comments and concerns mean a great deal to my staff and I as we take guest satisfaction very seriously. I am pleased to know you suite meet all your guest needs and delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
New Waverly, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a work convention and it was a very nice stay. Check-in was quick and the desk clerk was incredibly friendly. The bar staff took good care of all of us as well. Our room was large and comfortable; it is obvious that this is a newer property and that the owner takes pride in their hotel. I look forward to meeting there again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear brittymac,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive sentiments about your recent stay at our hotel. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you will once again stay at our hotel on your next visit to the area.
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

An ok stay at an ok place. It's one Four Points drags the name through the mud. It will hopefully get better.

The bar/ restaurants was fast, cheap, and poured strong drink. Other than that it wasn't the best place. My suite was spacious, but other than that....

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Hunter L,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have an overall enjoyable experience during your stay and that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will give us another try the next time you’re in Houston.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We spent one night here before going on a cruise. The personnel were very accommodating and friendly. Not wanting to drive in Houston's traffic we took the hotel complimentary shuttle to a restaurant and the service was great and timely. I plan to stay there again in November before another cruise.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank fearless1941
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear fearless1941,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad to hear that you received friendly and accommodating service from our staff. Thank you for your positive feedback about our complimentary shuttle service. Our shuttle is a nice feature that we enjoy providing for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you again in November.
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I only stayed here one night, but my impression of the hotel was generally a good one. The front desk staff was pleasant and efficient at check-in. One relatively minor problem for me was when I asked to be moved to a room farther away from the elevators, the clerk said the hotel was fully booked (implying there were no other rooms available). However, there were several people in line behind me, so I'm not sure why he couldn't have swapped my room for one of theirs. I left the HVAC fan on all night and had no problems with hallway noise.

The sleeping rooms were nicely appointed with what seemed to be new furnishings, including a minifridge with a freezer, and a small microwave. I didn't much care for the mini-ironing board, and had to fix it (it collapsed because the latching mechanism was misplaced). I would have liked to have more electrical outlets in the bedroom, although the cord on the iron was long enough to make due. I never was able to figure out how to get hot water out of the sink faucet, and never did. The shower was fine.

This is apparently another hotel which does not leave the receipt under the door during the night before checkout, so I had to go to the front desk in the morning to check out - not convenient for me.

I had room service for dinner, and, although I was hungry, the food was pretty mediocre (pulled pork sandwich and tortilla soup). I didn't finish eating it.

Kudos to the hotel manager for stepping up to the plate when our meeting groups' lunch order was misdelivered to the wrong hotel. The manager ordered us better food from a different place at the same price, sent hotel staff to get it, and personally came and apologized to our group. Classy.

This review probably sounds a bit negative (or picky), but I would have no problem returning here if I need a short stay at a hotel reasonably close to Houston's Hobby Airport. It's a nice place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Brian_NVA,
Thanks for sharing your positive sentiments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and found our manager to be helpful in assisting you with your needs during your stay. We hope you will once again stay with us upon returning to Houston.