“Not fun. Don't stay here”

Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #212 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Hattiesburg,MS
“Not fun. Don't stay here”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Problems with airport transportation. Missed my flight. Worst four point I have ever stayed at. Very disappointed. Room was filthy. Front desk was not responsive. Carpet was stained. Tried to get new room and was denied. Stay somewhere else if you can.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BAERDOC
DaLana D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear BearDoc,

Please accept my deepest apology for the terrible experience at Four Points by Sheraton Hobby Airport. I take guest satisfaction very seriously and will use you comments as a guide to help improve our customer service experience. Thanks again for staying with us and advising me of your experience

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

It's a nice little hotel. Staff seems friendly. Beds were great. Everything looked clean. I think the outlet our frig and microwave was plugged into was blown. Not a big deal for us as we were just there to crash and move on. The walls are thin and you hear the highway and people coming through the hall. I don't think there was anyone next to us so I'm not sure. I would stay here again if I just needed a place for the night. Again the beds were great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
DaLana D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hi Morgan1425,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience on Trip Advisor. We take pride in guest satisfaction and I was pleased to pass on to my team your had a pleasant stay with us. We hope if your in Houston again Four Points would be your hotel of choice. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was a last minute stay for one night in Houston. I read many TripAdvisor reviews for nearby airport hotels and I'm very happy with this Four Points choice. It was a quick 10 min (free) shuttle from the airport, check-in was very easy and everyone was extremely nice. The room was spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom had very nice amenities, great shower. I did not use the shuttle other than for the airport but they will drive you anywhere within a 5 mile radius, which I thought was very nice to offer. Although the room/floor is non-smoking, when I first walked in the room, it did have a faint cigarette smoky smell.

I cannot say enough great things about the entire staff. From the shuttle drivers, the check-in desk and the room-service staff, everyone was very friendly. I happen to be downstairs using the public computers and the front-desk person had to deal with an unformidable guest and I was extremely impressed with her professionalism.

Would definitely recommend this hotel if you need to stay near the aiport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
DaLana D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Good Afternoon SCTraveler91,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience here at our Four Points Houston Hobby Airport. I am pleased you not only enjoyed your room and it's amenities but my ENTIRE stay went above and beyond to make this stay pleasurable. We are often challanged with difficult guest buty always matain a calm and professional manner at all times.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Clean Room, Well Ordered. Refrigerator And Microwave In Room A Bonus. Excellent, Very Comfortable Bed. Soft, Plentiful Towels.
Would definitely Recommend This Hotel. Great Place For Business Travelers.

• Stayed October 2013
Good Afternoon Ms. Valerie T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our Four Points Hobby Airport. It brings great pleasure to share with my staff how pleased your were not only with your room but them as well. We look forward to seeing you again and take care.
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here with friends on our way to a cruise out of the Houston port. It appeared that this hotel has been recently remodeled to resemble a lodge. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The large bathroom could have used more amenities, but it was fine. We did have trouble with our shower, which created a lake on the bathroom floor, but they said they were going to get that fixed.

Rooms were clean and bottled water was provided. I always like that. Downstairs in the lobby there was a small bar, with several tables and a friendly bartender. I will say that his skills with mixed drinks were less than adequate, but he did try.

The hotel is well located for its purpose, serving Hobby Airport. It was very noisy at night due to the proximity of the very well traveled highway. Also, the construction next door was distracting. There are several good restaurants near the hotel, and the shuttle driver was very pleasant and on time. The shuttle also runs to Hobby.

We ate at Pappas BBQ, which was quite tasty and very near the hotel. So, while this would not be my pick due to the noisy highway and the construction, it was fine for our purposes.

One point to know is that this particular hotel does not serve free breakfast. I believe breakfast is somewhere around $13 but the hotel next door is associated and will serve breakfast free to the Sheraton's guests. The driver told us about this little gem, but the front desk did not, so if you want free breakfast, be sure to inquire.

Room Tip: Remember to ask about free breakfast at the Holiday Inn next door. Also, ask to get a room as far f...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
DaLana D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Recent Sheraton Guest,

Thank you for your detailed pleasant experience your share on Trip Advisor. We take guest satisfaction very seriously and I will be sure to advise the team of a job well done. One note I did want to clarify, Sheraton guests are allow to eat breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express next door. I'm not sure which driver misinformed you but I will be sure to review with all my team members. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were kept up by the TV in the room next to us. At 5:30 the next morning, that same TV woke us up WAY before we planned to get up. Try to get a room with no one on either side!

Breakfast was so-so. Nothing special.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
DaLana D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Good Afternoon Likes2Fly,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay on TripAdvisor. Your comments and concerns mean a great deal to my staff and I as we take guest satisfaction very seriously. I am pleased to know your overall stay was pleasant but want to apologize for the inconvenience with television next door. Thanks again for lodging with us and we hope you and yours have a Happy New Year!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 December 2013

For an airport hotel this is a good choice. The hotel feels new, with simple, modern-ish furnishings, nothing fancy or exciting but it does the trick. I had some service issues when I checked in, since I am a Platinum SPG member and the clerk did not offer me any of my Platinum amenities (I even asked for them and she said they didn't exist; this was corrected later by a manager who was on top of things). I asked for an upgrade and received a suite with high ceilings (bonus!) on the first floor (not so bonus as the windows could be seen in from the parking lot). But overall I found the facility decent and superior to things like Hampton Inn, etc, which I think are its competitors. Once they get the service for SPG members up to par here it will be a very good option.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
DaLana D, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Veronica S,

First, I would like to thank you for the loyalty to the brand as you are an SPG Platinum member. Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent experience with us as guest satisfaction is my Top Priority and I have reviewed your comments not only with the mentioned staff member but all front desk agents as well. I hope your overall stay was pleasant and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holiday's from the Four Points Hobby Airport team!