“korma sutra - not good” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Capitol
Transit: Light rail runs directly outside the front of the restaurant
Lumby, Canada
“korma sutra - not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I recently visited the Indian restaurant Korma Sutra in downtown Houston, TX as the wonderful smells enticed me in. The experience was not altogether enjoyable and I have dined at plenty of Indian restaurants throughout the country. First the complimentary papadom was burnt. Not charred; but did have plenty of black areas. After perusing the menu I had to signal the young waiter to come over as he seemed more intent on looking out the door than on the service. The lentil soup was delicious and was the hi-lite of the meal. After waiting a considerable time for the main course (approx 25 mins) a member of the kitchen staff rushed out and placed the shrimp curry dinner I had ordered on my table. The place at the time was not at all busy - maybe 3 occupied tables. Going by the expensive price of the entree I had expected somewhat more. What was on the plate was a helping of boiled carrots, a small heap of basmati rice, and a modest serving of the curry. Meal was severely overpriced. The least enjoyable dining experience I had during my 5 day stay in Houston. As I was leaving the restaurant I noticed a sign at the entrance stating that shorts, T-shirts, and/or running shoes weren't allowed. I wished I had been wearing at least one of the above so I would have been restricted entry and I could have chosen a different restaurant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Constanta, Romania
“Indian?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

My salad swam in the sauce, dirt on the floor, funny smell and very chilly

Visited May 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Don't forget to flip over the menu... there is a whole veggie section on the back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

The food here was good quality and the service was friendly and prompt. There are many veggie options in the appetizers and fusion sections of the menu and there is also an entire vegetarian entree list. The naan was awesome, and it is worth noting that there is gluten free naan available! This is a great dining option within walking distance of many of Houston's downtown hotels. I recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“A bit pricy, but good quality!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We took advantage of a Groupon deal and went here with friends. The service and the food were excellent. The restaurant was quite empty and somewhat lacking in atmosphere, but every dish we tried tasted fresh, clean, and well-seasoned. We felt like the Groupon made the total bill about what it should have been -- without it, we would have felt like the price was considerably too high.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I loved the food. It was a little prciy for the serving sizes but that is usual in downtwon areas

Visited February 2012