The Westin Houston Memorial City
US$229
US$465
US$332
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$451
US$303
US$293
  • Pool
All reviewsamerican girlinfinity poolcake popscheesecake factorysky walkcovered walkwayheavenly bedmall across the streetexecutive suitekaty freewayhot tubfabulous hotelself parkingenergy corridorgreat amenitiesfavorite hotelbusiness meeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2013

A great stay as always but with a couple of niggles, stayed over a weekend this time so was viewing the hotel through leisure rather than business eyes.

Breakfast - buffet is pretty average, strawberries, melon and pineapple were sub standard meaning tough, bitter and pretty poor, hot selection good except scrambled eggs overlooked and rubbery both days. Worse though is the service from the older server, great on initial sitting down and getting coffee etc then really in attentive, was not offered coffee refills either day and sat for 10 mins waiting for a pen while my server checked her phone at the service station out front, I watch for these kinds of things and they annoy me so hopefully this doesn't look picky, I just have high service expectations in this quality of hotel.

Second annoyance is wifi, it drops out every couple of minutes which is hugely annoying if skyping to keep in touch with families overseas as I was. Each call meant logging back in 3 or 4 times to call back, what was worse that I asked reception to get it fixed at lunchtime and it still hasn't been.

Last is the pool area, the glass panelling is really marked, this should be kept clean to allow guests to really enjoy the views, has been the same every time I have been up there the last couple of stays and the dirt is on the outside (I checked) so it's not like its daily splashing. I do also wonder if anything could be done with plants etc to make it look a bit more inviting, it's just a bit barren, I know it's kind of minimalist but I would have a designer look at it personally.

Hope this is useful feedback that can be acted on and resolved, maybe deserved a star less but as always I really enjoyed my stay overall.

Rob

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Greetings Rob; Thanks for the great insight and for all your ongoing support of the hotel. Your most recent experience is not indicative of our usual high levels of service in 024 Grille, we typically get great comments about the food and service from our guests. Obviously on this isolated occassion we fell short of both our expectations. I have shared your comments with the team and will ensure that we immediately address the items you noted. I do appreciate the insight and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Very happy to be here. I think it is my favorite hotel in the Houston area.

Very clean, nice upgrade. Housekeeping good. Room Service good. Service good. Valet good. Bathrooms awesome. HVAC awesome. Slept very well. Work space excellent. Nice nice nice.

1  Thank ClickTheGeek

Greetings; I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We do have a great property in location which lends itself to a lot of enjoyment for our guests. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you come back again soon to visit.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Location of this hotel was perfect for my wife and I during our visit to Houston/Central Texas. Located on Highway 10 made for an easy departure westbound towards San Antonio, New Braunfels, and Austin. The hotel was very clean, probably the BEST hotel bed I have ever slept on, so says my wife also, and it definitely beats our own (surprisingly) I would trade for that one in a minute. Good location right across from the Memorial City Mall (built in last couple of years, and only separated by a walkable bridge direct into the mall) well treated by staff, definitely deserves a four star rating plus. Only surprise was a parking fee of $12.99/day, but no resort fees. Great pool and hot tub on the 18th floor, plus good looking and well equipped exercise room

Room Tip: ask for higher floor rooms, 15 up for good views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Greetings – I appreciate you sharing your review of your stay with us. It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your visit! Our goal is definitely to do everything possible so our guests feel well cared for. The Infinity Pool, our “Heavenly Beds”, a friendly and helpful staff, and a clean and luxurious environment, are just a few of the things we feel are important to achieve our goal of making you feel special while visiting us. I hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Wanted to stayed here to explore Houston before our cruise. Although this location is approximately 1 hour away from the cruise terminal it seemed like a good place to stay with all the great reviews. We had rented our car from the airport and drove around exploring and stopped at the outlets before heading to the hotel. We were looking for a clean, friendly hotel, with two queen sized bed.

At check-in the front desk staff seemed competent and friendly. Our room had exactly what we were looking for at a decent size. We were able to get our shopping done before headed for the cruise terminal. Across the street from the hotel there is a decent sized mall where we were able to drop off our rental car. All around there were great dining options as well.

Complaints:
None!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Greetings – thank you for your compliments to our hotel and staff! The main goal of our staff is to ensure that each guest feels comfortable and well taken care of, and it is nice to hear that we are accomplishing that. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you enjoyed your cruise! We hope we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

For the business traveller this hotel is in a great location. Just inside the Beltway off I-10, the Westin at Memorial City is close to the Energy Corridor and also handy to the Galleria business area and downtown. Great shopping and numerous excellent restaurants close by as well. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, the gym is well equipped with a great view, ditto the pool. The executive center on the 17th is a nice touch. Service in the hotel is very good.

Room Tip: 17th floor for executive club access
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Greetings – thank you for your compliments to our hotel and staff! The main goal of our staff is to ensure that each guest feels comfortable and well taken care of, and it is nice to hear that we are accomplishing that. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we see you back again soon.