“Club Floor gone... Time to find another property”

The Westin Houston Memorial City
Ranked #24 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Texas
“Club Floor gone... Time to find another property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Call it a perk, but for road warriors, having perks to hotel brands are important. The hotel brand becomes your home away from home. This property closed their club floor, which was a nice one when it was open.

For non road warriors, this is a good location, attached to a mall for shopping and fairly new. Easy in and out, plus self Park is painless.

I am disappointed, so will be looking for a new location or brand to leverage while here in the memorial / energy corridor... Again, perks are important, especially from those of us who chose to be loyal to a brand...

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank GB_InTexas
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Greetings; Thanks for the feedback, we did indeed make the decision to close our Club Lounge in August 2013 due to the lack of demand. It was indeed a great perk for our loyal road warriors, however we were not able to sustain this offering given the level of bookings we were receiving for the Club Floor. We do provide numerous benefits to our elite Platinum Guests who stay at the property, I do hope we will see you back in the very near future, we are currrently running several SPG promotions at the hotel which have some great point perks associated with them. Travellers do love the hotel and the easy access to Memorial City Mall and all that Memorial City has to offer. I hope we will see you back in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Would definitely stay again. The staff were very accommodating. My dog stayed for free. They even brought up a doggie bed, food bowls, poop baggies and treats. My dog was so excited. The rooms were clean. It felt secure. Was located next to the mall with a covered air conditioned breezeway connecting the mall to hotel. Had to pay for parking but at most Westin locations you do.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Kris10dav
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Greetings! Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Our top priority is to make sure that each of our guests is comfortable and feels well taken care of. On behalf of The Westin Houston Memorial City, we hope you return to see us again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

I am a very frequent traveler averaging 75-100 nights a year. This hotel is all that one could ask for, from the time you enter the valet to the check out everyone is just great. I have spent more than 20 nights here and always look forward to my stays. I even use the hotel without our corporate rates. It's just that good.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello; thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with our staff; They will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated their service. We look forward to a return visit!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stayed multiple times at this hotel... sometimes in the deluxe rooms and sometimes in the executive suite. Slightly overpriced for a Westin property in Houston (
LOCATION
+ Great location... easy access to Katy Freeway (I10) and covered walkway bridge to the Memorial City Mall which has a Target
+ I think this is midtown so a little distance from downtown thus ensuring less traffic

ROOM
+ Rooms are good size... sometimes had good views and sometimes had blank views (facing another building's facade)
+ If traveling alone, suites can be overwhelmingly huge so might rather trade for something else instead of a room size upgrade
+ Room service was great and prompt

OTHER SERVICES
- Executive lounge is closed which was a big bummer
+ Experience with reception folks is a hit or miss... sometimes very polite people and sometimes rude folks that I now avoid
+ Valet is good... 24 hours and quick to respond

Room Tip: If you want a bigger room upgrade, be open to getting the accessibility rooms/suites since they have...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Greetings; I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments of your visit to our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you took the opportunity to enjoy some of the special amenities we offer to make our guests feel comfortable and well taken care of - for example, our Infinity pool, the 024 grille, and Westin Workout. On behalf of our entire staff, we hope you return for a future visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

From the moment I arrived at the hotel and valet parked the service at the hotel was fantastic! Reception was swift and informative and got me checked in quickly. I had a nice room which was very clean, spacious and modern. I opted not to get the daily room cleaning and they awarded me $5 / day discount coupon for doing so. Parking is convient (if you do not valet). It is right across from the mall and convenient to Katy Freeway. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Greetings - I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We do have a great property in a great location which lends itself to a lot of enjoyment for our guests. Our staff does put their best foot forward in order to provide each and every one of our guests with a comfortable and enjoyable stay, so I know that they will be so pleased to hear you review. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you come back again soon to visit.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

We loved the hotel!! It was a perfect weekend stay. We had room 1425 which is on the corner of the building. We had a HUGE bathroom, 2 extra large vanities, large shower and separate tub. We had the breakfast buffet each morning, a great deal at $15 including your drink. The rooftop infinity pool was amazing. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Greetings; I am so glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay at the Westin Houston Memorial City. We do everything possible to make all of our guests enjoy all of their time here. We do receive a lot of positive feedback about our guest rooms and our famous Heavenly beds. We look forward to your company in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Hotel very quiet and secure. Loved the covered pool on the 18th floor even though at times it can be very windy. The hotel has a walkway to the mall where the American Girl store is located, so no matter the weather you can reach the mall. The mall also has a CA Pizza Kitchen and Cheesecake Factory restaurants that have the doll chairs for the American Girl Dolls.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Greetings! I appreciate the compliments about the Westin Houston Memorial City! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of some of our special amenities, such as the Infinity Pool. We are sincerely honored to have been a part of what sounds like a night full of happy memories for you all. Thank you so much for sharing your review.