“Highly efficient business and conference location”

The Westin Houston Memorial City
Ranked #16 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This is a business and conference location. It's not particularly scenic, though there are some large parks nearby...just off I 10 and 50-60 minutes from G Bush airport. Easy for Downtown. Efficient service, quick and courteous. 24 hour gym a plus. Big comfortable beds. Sound insulation between rooms is good...minimal disturbance when sleeping. Good food for our conference, especially given catering was for 500...they ran cocktail events very well and our clients seemed to be very well looked after. The hotel transportantion is the same price as a standard taxi to the airport (international) so makes better sense, especially in rush hour. There´s a big shopping mall across the highway (the Macy´s in it was better value than in New York..and it has a skating rink) and several decent restaurants nearby as well..Flemings ..5 mins in free shuttle..does a very decent selection of beef if you want to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Greetings; Thank You for the great comments about the hotel, our guests do indeed love all the amenities the hotel has to offer. The proximity to Memorial City Mall via the hotel sky bridge is a very popular feature fo the hotel. Memorial City is going through numerous great changes! Lots of new restaurants and shopping opening in the very near future and lots to do in the area. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just stayed at the Westin for the first time and I really liked it. I've tried some of the other places in the area and I'm glad I made this choice. It's a little more expensive than say the Sheraton, but the difference is noticable and worth the difference in price (IMO). The room I had was really nice and the bed was super comfortable (A+) and there was a good variety of pillows (very important for me anyway). The room was nice, there was a good desk, and the bathroom was nice and had a shower. I also appreciated the walkway over to the mall that comes out right at the Cheesecake Factory. The staff was nice (wasn't necessarily the case at my other area stays) and everything was super clean. ...But, about $20-40 more expensive than other similar caliper hotels...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan1718
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

It sounds like you had a successful business trip, and I was pleased to hear that we were able to play a part in that! Our top priority is to ensure that all of our guests, whether here for business or pleasure, feel comfortable and well taken care of. I will forward your comments on to our staff, and they will be so happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated. We would love to have you visit us some time on a pleasure trip so that you can relax by the pool, take advantage of some great shopping and great food, and just unwind and recharge. Thank you for your wonderful recommendation.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked the hotel for my husbands 50th. They upgraded our room which was fantastic. The service from the front desk, to the bar, restaurant, and house keeping was professional and customer service oriented. Raul at the bar was amazing and our waitress Renai made extra sure that nothing I ordered had gluten in it. The roof top pool had a great breeze and plenty of comfortable furniture. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013

Greetings; Thanks for the great comments and for selecting our hotel to celebrate your husband's recent milestone! I am very grateful for the comments about Raul & Renai, we get lots of great comments about the service levels at the hotel and will ensure that I share your comments with our entire team. Please keep us in mind for yoru next celebration, we would love to make it a memorable one!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We always get this for a great rate through Priceline (either by bidding or Express Deal). Expect to add another $20 for parking though. The hotel is clean and fresh everywhere. We love the rooftop pool, the lobby bar, the access to Memorial City Mall. Very cool vibes here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank priscillatiki

Greetings; Thank you for sharing your experience. I was pleased to read that your visit was restfull and that you were able to enjoy many of the hotel amenities including the Infinity Pool. We get lots of great comments about the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I spent 6 days at this Westin and every aspect of my stay was excellent. I used the Conference Room facilities for 5 days and the service provided by Banqueting and IT was exceptional.
The only area that could be improved is the a restaurant that is too small for a Hotel of this size and therefore gets very noisy during peak hours.
The restaurant dinner menu is excellent - every dinner I ate there was perfect.
The pool area on the 18th floor is a pleasant change to street level pools.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be facing out. The higher the floor, the better as The Westin Memorial City is clo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark V

Greetings – thank you for your compliments to our hotel and staff! Our main goal is to ensure that each guest feels comfortable and well taken care of, and it is nice to hear that we are accomplishing that. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we see you back again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed twice in this Hotel and can say it is very nice. Good location it is within 100 yards from I-10 that takes you to Katy and some few miles from Energy Corridor. Staff is very nice and Rooms are very well decorated and with a big area. Restaurant is also nice and food is great they have a good chef. They also have a nice bar

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dimeesa

Greetings; I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments of your visit to our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you took the opportunity to enjoy some of the special amenities we offer to make our guests feel comfortable and well taken care of - for example, our Infinity pool, and Westin Workout. On behalf of our entire staff, we hope you return for a future visit!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel is a newer property and in a good location for business people. The hotel is clean, the bar is big and has the famous water wall. I have stayed here many times and became friendly with the managers. This hotel is typically sold out and with mostly platinum people so this hotel DOES NOT participate in the extra bonus points system, they do have the go green but that is it. Due to the high occupancy rate with plat folks I guess they don't need to participate in the extras. Food is good, the mall is right across the street via a walkway bridge.

Room Tip: It will be very difficult but try and stay on the club floor, and forget a upgrade unless you get th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Makitahead

Hello; thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with our staff; They will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated their service. We look forward to a return visit!