“Very nice weekend getaway!”

The Westin Houston Memorial City
Ranked #11 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here with my fiancee over the weekend for Valentines. Had a very nice time it is connected to Memorial City Mall which was a plus for me and I loved how close it was to restaurants.

The rooms were very nice and comfy and I really enjoyed my stay will most definitely go back soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Greetings; Thank you for your compliments to our hotel! The hotel does indeed have a great location and offers many amenities, including the Heavenly Beds, Westin Workout, and Infinity Pool, in order to ensure that our guests receive the very best experience during their visit with us. We are passionate about making sure each one of our guests feels comfortable and well taken care of, and we are always pleased to hear that we were able to accomplish that. We hope to see you back at the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have high standards for Westin, and while some are great (Pasadena, CA), some are good (LAX) and some are undeserving of the Westin name (Las Vegas), the Westin Houston Memorial City is outstanding.

The service is typical Westin - excellent. I gave one of my SPG Gold "You made my stay" cards to a server in the grille: Viviana. She was very engaging, friendly and helpful, providing me with to-go cups of tea and extra food from the buffet. Front desk staff did an excellent job accommodating my potential extra night due to air travel complications to ATL, which were not needed but appreciated nonetheless. Bellmen, concierge and bar staff are also great. You really feel welcomed in this hotel, especially as SPG Gold or Platinum.

Rooms? Outstanding. They are not the largest Westin rooms I've had, but they also aren't tiny. The bed is wonderful, furniture looks fairly new, power outlets are in all the right places, wired internet access exists, bathroom has plenty of counter space and a large shower. The mini frig included in the room does NOT come stocked with overpriced nonsense, which is something I wish all Westins would copy. Just give me an empty space for my cold drinks and/or food. I am not going to buy your $7 Sprite, so don't put it in there. Speaking of drinks, despite me opting for the Green Choice program, the staff came in each day and only replaced my bottled water and emptied the trash, but did not make the bed, touch the bathroom or any of my stuff. This was absolutely the best version of the Green Choice program I've seen yet - everything I want (no disturbance) but without having to call down for more bottled water. Outstanding.

Location is great. You are just a few minutes from the major highways and within walking distance of several restaurants, including a huge mall via an indoor skywalk. I was only 5 miles from my client's office, and the highway noise was undetectable. The parking garage is situated nicely and isn't too terrible from a cost standpoint: $12 to self-park.

I was able to use Lifetime Fitness while on this trip but Westin workout areas are usually nicer than most hotels. I am sure this Westin is no different. There is also a heated pool at your disposal. I had dinner one night in the restaurant, and it wasn't flagrantly overpriced - about average. The breakfast buffet is something I wish was a bit cheaper, but compared to the price of a menu item with a beverage, the buffet is the best bet. A variety of hot foods are offered, as well as oatmeal, fresh fruit and plenty of protein items.

The Memorial City is the nicest Westin I've used yet. I will definitely stay here again if in this area of Houston. Management is doing an outstanding job.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank phiNole

Greetings; It seems you had an enjoyable stay! We do get a lot of positive feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I will share your comments with the staff, as they will be so pleased that you appreciated their service and enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your future visit to the Westin Houston Memorial City!

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

3rd time staying at this hotel and must say that who ever is in charge is doing a great job at training the employees. Everyone is very professional, friendly and helpful. Rooms and entire hotel are very clean and put together. With great amenities and convenient location!

Rooms have standard american outlets, 120 electricity, comfy beds, great sleep quality, powerful showers! Air conditioning, desk, internet, safe, iron board and iron, coffee maker, mini fridge etc...

One recommendation is to figure a way to have people use the stairs during high volume visitors.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Extorsys
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for your positive comments. We certainly do get a lot of compliments on our signature “Heavenly Beds” and "Heavenly Showers" and the comfort they provide to our guests! Our staff truly goes to great lengths to provide personalized, quality service to each of our guests. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you back at the Westin Houston Memorial City again in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Great value for money, excellent rooms and beautifully decorated in a contemporary style.
But above all this hotel is run by very friendly people. They make you feel at home and valued. Chapeau for the lady behind the reception while checking in on 12 Feb. Multi-task capabilities, friendly and professional.
Good food and friendly staff at the restaurant. A nice place to stay in Houston!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Henk d

Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel and staff. The comfort and satisfaction of each of our guests is our top priority, and I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay with us! I am anxious to share your comments with our staff, as they are also always pleased to hear that their efforts contribute to an enjoyable visit to The Westin Houston Memorial City.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had a great stay at this property. When we arrived, we were told that our room was being de-feathered. I always make that request when booking hotels since I'm allergic but generally no property follows through. The hotel staff was very attentive and accommodating. Once we arrived in the room, it was great - very spacious and clean. We had breakfast in the hotel and it was perfect. We would definitely return!

1  Thank Lauren M

Greetings; thanks for sharing your feedback. We rely very strongly on the comments we receive. I was delighted you enjoyed stay and look forward to seeing back at the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were delighted to see fresh strawberries/chocolate and champaine when we went up to our room!!

Just like they had for us the night of our wedding last year!!

We will stay there every year for our anniversary, great experience!

1  Thank Russell G
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at The Westin Houston Memorial City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Greetings; Thanks for the great comments and for selecting our hotel to celebrate your recent milestone! I will share your comments with our staff, as they will be so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciated their service. We look forward to you celebrating your anniversary with us again next year!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We needed to drop of one of our cars to a Houston dealership recently, and combined this trip with a family visit. The moment we drove up, there was attentive staff to take care of us. They kept our new Rolls-Royce parked in front of the hotel, keeping it safe the entire time, our room was excellent on the top floor close to an amazing pool deck. Room service was quick and reasonable. The bathroom was large, cleaned and stocked with better toiletries. I don't usually care for "chain" hotels, but this one exceeded our expectations in every way. We will return.

Room Tip: Ask for the top hotel floor.