“Excellent service”

Cross street: Westheimer
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The wait staff was very helpful and considerate when we first arrived. They were always available to be of assistance with any special needs. Thank you all.

Visited February 2012

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The food was fast and hot, the drinks were expensive, but that is to be expected of a hotel bar.

Visited December 2011
San Francisco, California
“Nice for cocktails and dinner, good for breakfast and lunch.”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

For those of us who attend conferences at the Hotel Derek, we're a bit of a captive audience at Valentino's. Fortunately, it's got a lot going for it.

For breakfast, there's a buffet, which is your best bet for getting in and out quickly. (I've had times when a special order took more than 30 minutes, because the kitchen was backed up with room service).

Lunch is a pretty straightforward affair, with a choice of sandwiches and salads. The burger is good, the grilled chicken sandwich was tasty, and their salads are what you want for lunch. I'm a fan of the herbed butter they bring with your bread basked.

Dinner is where Valentino's shines. The lights get turned down, and the mood changes. With a range of small plates, and more traditional dinner fare, there is something for everyone. I still recall an ahi sashimi appetizer I had on my first visit, and the delicious cocktail I got with it. Things pick up beginning at happy hour, and soon there's a crowd mingling and rubbing elbows. There is even live music many evenings.

I especially like the versatility of the menu. One evening when I wasn't very hungry, I got a side plate of pasta and a plate of delicious grilled asparagus. A perfect meal, and at a great price.

• Visited January 2012
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and great service!”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This is my first time eating at Valentino and what a great dining experience! Loved the food, it's delicious and fresh! Sweet and caring waitstaff. My waitress was Alma A. and she did a wonderful job of providing everything I asked of and with great courtesy and care. I ordered the Caesar salad and mushroom pizza. Wonderful delicious dressing and pizza! Perfect dishes and flavors. I am picky, so I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy either but what a surprise! Both were fresh and very flavorful and just perfect! The pizza was thin and crispy, just the way I like gourmet pizza. Great place to eat and have fun!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Arianna C
Beaumont, Texas
“Top 5 meals in Recent Memory”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

It is not often that every aspect of a meal is exceptional. From the balsamic vinegar & soft cheese that was served with the bread, the apps, the perfectly prepared steak, asparagus (firm), pasta & sauce, everything was outstanding. Even the mixed drinks! The service was also impeccable. I would not change a thing and look forward to attempting to replicate this experience again in the near future!

Visited January 2012