“Great Food, Great Service & Great Location!”
Review of Hollister Grill - CLOSED

Hollister Grill
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was immediately impressed. Once I walked in the door, I was delighted with the open concept and amazing ambiance. I was immediately greeted with impeccable service and smiling faces. The owner, who is quite the character, was buzzing around to each table, guaranteeing all questions about the menu were fully answered.

I first visited for lunch and, I'm not kidding, ate the BEST chicken salad sandwich I've ever eaten. You should know I order chicken salad sandwiches just about every time I see it on a menu and this one rocks! Apparently, it's made in-house, as well as every other dish they serve. The banana pudding & crunchy goodness, served in an old-fashioned Mason Jar, was phenomenal.

I loved it so much that I couldn't wait to take my friends there, so I went again a few days later for dinner. It's BYOB until the liquor license goes through, so my bill was surprisingly lower than a usual Friday night. In fact, the prices, in general, are very reasonable. We started with the grilled tomato mozzarella appetizer, which was unbelievable. Then, I ate one of the best cheeseburgers EVER! I subbed fries for mac & cheese and was not disappointed. The only thing I was disappointed about was that I couldn't eat it all. The bread pudding was enticing for dessert, made with Shipley's donuts, but I couldn't eat another bite.

With all the new restaurants that open up in Houston, this is one that is true to always cooking with fresh ingredients (Owner grocery shops 3 hours every morning) and not-to-be-missed!

I can guarantee you I will be back again ASAP!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This small restaurant in a strip mall is a real treasure in the neighborhood . The owner oversees everything and the food is delicious. BYOB is encouraged. We have never had a bad dish from the mixed seafood grill to the steaks to the shrimp over Tasso grits. Desserts are just as delicious.

3  Thank Johnjackc
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Hollister has opened a new location at 5555 Washington. Easy parking. Good service. Very good selections on menu and cooks are ready to create custom choices for the consumer if ingredients available. Great desserts worth saving room for. No liquor license as yet so BYOB. Menu changes as ingredients come to market. Appetizers very generous in size and flavor.

1  Thank zepper50
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We decided to give Hollister Grill a try after a recommendation from a friend and reading reviews. Unfortunately we were not impressed with the brunch. Crab cake Benedict was as many reviewers stated, wonderful but I was not impressed with the pancakes and eggs. I should never order eggs out because I am quite picky and hate eggs that come with a hard brown surface which these did. The pancakes were just ok, nothing special and the syrup had an interesting taste, perhaps an off brand. Lamb burger was prepared perfectly. One in our group told the waiter she was vegetarian and wanted the eggs Benedict without the crab cake, it arrived with ham. We would not return to the Hollister Grill for brunch but would consider it for dinner. The waiter was fun and attentive, even though he missed the vegetarian request.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

For those in Houston that are looking for a truly amazing experience or those visiting our fantastic city for work or fun, I highly recommend Hollister Grill. Like other reviewers, we heard about this place only by word of mouth but have been back multiple times. Although the menu can be viewed online, the real secret is their specials. The resturant is BYOB so you can also bring in your favorite bottle of wine with the meal. One tip is that you must get a reservation as the resturant fills up on Friday or Saturday night. Chuck and his staff do an amzing job and we can't wait to return!

1  Thank Josh R