“A bit worn out”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook
Ranked #419 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Had a minimum two hour wait from initial try to check in (18:15) before getting keys to my room ( Well past 20:00)

Noisy fridge and aircon.

Annoying train at 05:00 almost every morning.

Did get a free dinner as compensation for the bad checkin.

• Stayed: March 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. Let me start again by apologizing to you for your unpleasant check in. I too, would have been frustrated and disappointed in if it took more than 10 minutes to check in. However, I can assure you that it is not our standard to have guests waiting for more than 5 minutes after they come to check in. That day that you arrived, we were short in personnel and your room was not ready. I ended up cleaning your room instead of trying to send you off to another location. Again, it was my fault and I take full responsibility for it. Since then we have hired more staff to ensure that this does not occur again. I know the train is in close proximity to our location and it can get a bit annoying but I will say that our location which is in close proximity to so many restaurants and retail centers will hopefully make up for that train.

Again, I am sorry that you stay was not as great but I hope you can give us another chance to make it right for you. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me directly at wbk@extendedstay.com or call me at 281-397-9922.

Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

Ok counted on Trip Advisor and was steered wrong again. Mounds of trash outside(see photo), cigarette butts everywhere outside, changed rooms due to a screaming kid, and we had a room that had broken into prior to our stay. The door could be pushed open from the outside. We were told it would get fixed the next morning. It wasn't. Got a maintenance guy to fix it but still needs work. Sad breakfast. Pass on this next time.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank parodyqueen
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The trash and cigarettes around the property you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am increasing the amount of trash pick-ups and having a meeting with the staff to ensure that this does not happen again. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at wbk@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I've experience new bed sheets that are very comfortable. Very clean rooms to perfection. My vacation was restful. Service was great and very nice employees. They serve breakfast that is very tasteful and you should come try.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms and easier to get to cars
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Beezy-knows
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for kindly writing a review of your stay. We are extremely delighted to know that with our hard work, we have accomplished for your stay to be GREAT. We are all just as ecstatic as you are about the rooms and we will make sure that we continue to keep our rooms FRESH so that all of our guests have the same type of stay as you did. Again, thank you for such a great review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Had to stay a few til my apartment was ready to move in. The girls were not only pretty! But, they were friendly & helpful... They helped me with everything I needed! I will definitely tell my friends & Family to stay here when they get to Houston! Rooms are clean, really nice!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

It is always a wonderful feeling to know that all the hard work efforts from every one of us make someone’s stay more delightful. Whether you are here for work or just relocating rest assured that we will take care of you and we all want you to feel that way. Thank you for staying with us and most of all thank you for letting us know how we did.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had no issues during my 7 month stay with the Extended Stay Willowbrook. Very good staff across the board. Always receptive, coureous and helpful. If anyone I know ask me where to stay while visiting the Willowbrook area, I will recommend the ESA to them without a doubt.

James Corkran

Room Tip: Rooms away from the businesses are quieter. Get rooms on the east side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James C

I would first like to say a big THANK YOU. Reviews such are yours really emphasize to our staff that the work they do is noticed and appreciated by guests. As a team we all work hard to do our part so that as a whole we are successful in creating an enjoyable stay while away from home. Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I have really enjoyed staying the past 2-weeks at this Extended Stay Hotel. The staff is very nice and helpful. Hotel rooms are clean and the hotel is conveniently located within 10-minutes of the Hewlett-Packard (HP) campus. Several restaurants are within walking distance, including Pappadeaux, Pappasitos, and Whataburger. The neighboring area is very safe and quiet -- one can easily get a good night's sleep. Definitely recommend this Extended Stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark L
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

A business trip that took more time than planned required that I find a hotel. As it is conveniently located to the office that I was visiting, I called the hotel. The staff was very accomodating and made special effort to ensure a room was available. The room was recently renovated, very clean, and very comfortable.

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 12 months. The staff is excellent. Ms. Y. Pineda at the front desk is always professional, efficient, and pleasant. I will use this hotel again when traveling to this area.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. The second floor corner rooms (at the end) are the most quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Norma M
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.